You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

• "Eeyore" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 10:17am

BBC PGD Documentary

Hi everyone

I have had a request which you may be able to help with

Quoted

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am making a documentary for the BBC about pre-implantation genetic diagnosis and was hoping that you might be able to help.

The PGD documentary will explore the clinical, ethical and policy issues surrounding this potentially life-changing area of medicine, whilst telling the human stories of couples who are considering, hoping to acquire funding for or are actually in the process of receiving the treatment.

The documentary is being directed Adam Wishart, who won a Grierson award for his film about animal rights and experimentation, entitled Monkeys, Rats and Me, and has recently been shortlisted for a documentary he made last year called the Price of Life, which followed
a NICE Single Technology Assessment committee as they grappled with whether the NHS should fund a high cost cancer drug. For more information about Adam, as well as his other films and books, please see his website: http://www.adamwishart.info/2009/06/the-price-of-life.html

The PGD documentary has been commissioned through BBC Bristol and will be broadcast on BBC2 next year.

At present, we are looking to speak to couples who:

1) Are deciding whether to have PGD.

2) Have decided to go ahead with PGD and would like the NHS to fund the treatment or have been turned down for funding but are appealing against the decision.

3) Couples who are about to undergo and are currently undergoing PGD.

Any conversations will be held in the strictest confidence and talking to me would in no way obligate anyone to appear in the film.

Both Adam and I have a track-record of making films with vulnerable people in distressing circumstances and we will be treating the subject of this documentary and any potential contributors with the respect they deserve.

If you feel that you could be of help in putting me in touch with couples who use your chatroom (I noticed that there were quite a few discussions on the subject and the chatroom provides invaluable support to those in need of it) and are at any of the stages outlined above, then perhaps we could have a conversation about the best way to proceed.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this email.

Kind regards,

Rob (Miller)

Assistant Producer
robmiller22@hotmail.com

M: 07754047674

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, October 4th 2010, 1:37pm

Hi Girls I have spoken to Rob and he appears to be genuine and is very pleasent. I told him my story but to be honest I don't think that I was what he was after as I didn't have to apply for funding. He is looking for couples who have known genetic problems and couples who have had to apply for funding. Please feel free to contact him if you wish. I just wanted to let you know that I have already spoken to him.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx