You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "tamjam68" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "tamjam68" started this thread

Reg: Jul 29th 2010

Children: 5

Monday, September 6th 2010, 9:45am

prescriptions from the ocean suite ,Derriford.?

Does anyone know if the ocean suite derriford allow you to take the prescription and shop around to get best prices or are you limited to get it from them ? :S x

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 2:09pm

Can someone help me find the bit where people have posted with names of chemists (online) to shop around for the drugs we need. ?( I have seen it but now i am lost. :snigger: x

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 2:19pm

I think you mean this one INFO: BUYING IVF DRUGS - where and how much ?

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 6:21pm

thank you . :snigger: you have been helpful today.xx

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Tuesday, September 7th 2010, 6:34pm

For my previous cycles at Derriford, they ordered the drugs from different pharmacists each time for me, but I guess if you ask what it is you are actually being prescribed there can't be much stopping you shopping around?? I'd be interested to know what they say....

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Wednesday, September 8th 2010, 9:34am

Quoted

For my previous cycles at Derriford, they ordered the drugs from different pharmacists each time for me, but I guess if you ask what it is you are actually being prescribed there can't be much stopping you shopping around?? I'd be interested to know what they say....

Thanks Claire I will let you know. xfingers Glad to see it worked for you :smile: :bubs:

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: Hopefully

Friday, September 10th 2010, 11:17am

Hi Tammy and Jamie

We're satelliting from Treliske at Derriford (if that makes sense) and use Calea UK for ours: they're quite cheap and include some for free. Let me know if you want their details.

xx
Kate :tipsy:

Sunday, September 12th 2010, 12:09pm

Quoted

Hi Tammy and Jamie

We're satelliting from Treliske at Derriford (if that makes sense) and use Calea UK for ours: they're quite cheap and include some for free. Let me know if you want their details.

xx

Hiya Kate :) yes please can you give me the details? I pressume that if you live in cornwall you satellite from Derifford to treliske then ?? so Derrifford let you have the prescrition. Cant wait now got the whole family excited lol. Hows your treatment been ? :happy: xx

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 3:04pm

Hi Tammy and Jamie

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you about this but I am a sievehead. Treliske gave us our prescription and recommended Calea as I think they have some kind of arrangement with them but it's worth trying them.Phone number's 0870 749 2020, enquiriesuk@calea-online.com or www.calea.co.uk

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

Hope that's helpful. DH took zinc, folic acid and cut down his alcohol consumption on the 3 month run up to his retrieval in June and to quote Dr Acharya there were bucketfuls (we took particular delight in proving him wrong!).

xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peppa" (Oct 22nd 2010, 8:33pm)

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 3:25pm

I had my last lot of drugs from Calea too and it was very reasonable.

If your Dh is taking vitamins, get him to take a multi vit with added Zinc and Selenium, plus a separate high dose Vitamin C (helps the body absorb the other vits) - Dr Acharya recommended this to us and Dh had much better swimmers this time around (plus we got our BFP!!!)

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 7:10pm

Quoted

Hi Tammy and Jamie

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you about this but I am a sievehead. Treliske gave us our prescription and recommended Calea as I think they have some kind of arrangement with them but it's worth trying them.Phone number's 0870 749 2020, enquiriesuk@calea-online.com or www.calea.co.uk

Hope that's helpful. DH took zinc, folic acid and cut down his alcohol consumption on the 3 month run up to his retrieval in June and to quote Dr Acharya there were bucketfuls (we took particular delight in proving him wrong!).

xx

Thanks for that Kate xx they didnt mention anything about satelliting at treliske do you have to ask.? still a bit away yet anyway got provisional date for first scan 17th november. Yes he has been taking multivits with minerals but suppose more folic acid and as Stimmo19 :) says vit c . :smile: . thanks everyone. And we dont really drink anyway a bottle of wine :P or two lol. but he does smoke, but with my nagging has cut down :cross: .And we didnt see Dr.Acharya we saw a lovely lady [zx062] cant remember her name, im rubbish with names. Jamies count was 85 million :faint: but morphology was the problem. thanks ladies.

Tuesday, September 14th 2010, 7:13pm

Quoted

I had my last lot of drugs from Calea too and it was very reasonable.

If your Dh is taking vitamins, get him to take a multi vit with added Zinc and Selenium, plus a separate high dose Vitamin C (helps the body absorb the other vits) - Dr Acharya recommended this to us and Dh had much better swimmers this time around (plus we got our BFP!!!)

just noticed not long to go now eh? 3 weeks or so . Good luck and hope everything goes smooth for you :goodluck: xxxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tamjam68" (Sep 14th 2010, 7:15pm)

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:36pm

Right gp wont fund :cross: :cross: even though DH has no children, so its back to shopping around and phone calls to the clinic, calea say the clinic often use them but wouldnt give me a price without my prescription. Asda quoted £600 .

Monday, October 11th 2010, 2:06pm

healthcare at home £565 :happy: :happy: :happy:

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 9:50am

Hi Tammy

I emailed a copy of the prescription to get a quote from them: I can try and find the fax number but may be a couple of days as manic at work this week.

xx

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 7:45pm

Quoted

Hi Tammy

I emailed a copy of the prescription to get a quote from them: I can try and find the fax number but may be a couple of days as manic at work this week.

xx
Thanks Kate it has all been sorted now and the hospital have said £491.76 so alls good . thanks for your help. :) :) .

Wednesday, October 13th 2010, 4:09pm

Bargain! Ours was a lot more than that.

xx