You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "tinyteacher" started this thread

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 8:57am

LOW AMH, How does it affect fertility?

Hi all,

Does anyone actually know how low AMH affects chances of conceiving?

I understand that it means there are less eggs in the ovaries, therefore, there are less eggs and less 'goes' at getting pregnant.

However, if an egg is still being released, then surely the chances of conceiving are the same as another lady who has a higher AMH??

(Just that she will have more opportunities as her supply wont run out as quickly?)

If anyone is able to put a medical spin on this I would really appreciate it. I have googled to the endth degree and it just comes up with

a lower amount of eggs in the ovaries, it doesn't explain the effects on fertility.

(My AMH is 11.76 and 'low')

Thanks in advance.

xxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary

Can

Ace

Reg: May 24th 2010

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 9:28am

Hi, we were told that with a low amh you produce less good quality eggs, she said I may only produce 2 good eggs a year that could turn into a pregnancy.. Sorry couldn't help more..

Love can

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 9:28am

Hi there

Have a look at this thread, it might help answer some of your questions:

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO INITIAL FERTILITY TESTS

I wouldn't have said your AMH is dreadfully low, there are ladies on here with much lower levels who've gone onto conceive using IVF. Try not to worry about it too much, you need to look at the overall picture, how are your other levels? FSH etc etc

Also, if you pop AMH into the search bar at the top it will bring up lots of threads of the subject.

Hope this helps a bit!

Love Gracie

xxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Bry

Star

Reg: Mar 25th 2009

Children: Twins born in may 2010!

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 11:10am

Hi
my amh was 8.5 and I have twins!! :D my clinic used the level to decide on the combination and strength of the drugs needed for ivf. I'd say 11 sounds pretty good! Good luck.

My Diary - Bry and the Flumps!

1st IVF March 09 :BFP: mm/c at 9 weeks :bawl:
2nd IVF Oct 09 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076]

• "tinyteacher" started this thread

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: a little bean being grown!

Saturday, August 28th 2010, 1:33pm

Thanks for the messages guys.
Candice, thanks for yours, I hadn't heard that low AMH produces lesser quality eggs, but that would seem to make sense as we've been ttc for 2yrs 4months and nothing.
When we went for our consultation to find out our results they didn't have them, so we heard all about the processes of IVF.
Both in shock and denial!
Phoned the clinic the next day and asked for results before we went ahead with IVF...was it really the right course of action for us...
So have got half baked results, I know what my AMH is, but nothing else.....and it seems from reading on here a whole picture of results is very telling.
Also DH's sperm 36% but we don't know if that is mobility or morphology.
Next time I go to the clinic think I will be asking for all results....either that or will phone in the interim.
Thanks all. xxxx
TTC-May 2008
lap&dye Jan.2010
Clomidx8

1st IVF Oct.2010 BFN: Nov. 2010 :tears:

Shock BFP Dec.2010!! whoops3
My diary