You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

olli76

• "olli76" started this thread

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 4:17pm

prostrate cyst

Hi, I dont normally post on here but i thought i would give it a shot. Everyones posts always make me feel positive.

Today my partner had a rectal exam and they found a cyst on his prostrate which is they think is causing his azoo.

He is now waiting for an appointment for an mri scan. He is now feeling very positive because they said they would be able to

do a surgical procedure to remove the cyst. My queston is has anyone else had this result and how successful is the removal?

My partner has been really effected by this already and i dont know how much more he can take. Any info/advice would be

great.

thanks

Claire

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 4:23pm

Hi Claire,

I do not have any personal experience of this but from what I understand (which is a bit sketchy) a prostate cyst can block the ducts that semen escape from during ejaculation causing your partner's azoo, remove the cyst and the sperm can escape again. It may take some monthsffor any useful sperm to appear as the sperm currently stored will be damaged by long storage and sperm takes about 3 months to produce.

Really hope that everything goes OK for you.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 10:52am

Hi Claire
Im sorry I dont know about the cysts, but if they are positive about removing it, the chances are there will be things which can be done for your DH's fertility. They may offer a surgical sperm retrieval op which removes sperm directly from the tests which is then used in ICSI treatment, or following the romoval of the cyst they may be able to suggest trying naturally and having semen analysis tests to check if sperm is then being produced and released in your DH's ejaculate. Both of these seem like good outcomes and a positive way forward for you both

Good Luck x

olli76

• "olli76" started this thread

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Wednesday, August 25th 2010, 7:26pm

Hi Grace and Sun flower,

Thanks for you thoughts, i have been checking on the internet and there isnt a great deal of info anywhere. We will just have to be patient and see what the outcome of the mri scan is. its so frustrating because we only got these other tests done because my partner pushed it, our consultant never suggested them and we have been seeing him for 3 yrs. Anyway i will try and be positive, at least now we are finally getting somewhere!

Im going to try and post a bit more aswell.

Thanks

Claire

Sun Flower

Superstar

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 11:13am

keep posting, asking questions and reading the threads hun, you will find loads of info and support here :happy:

maybe you could consider starting a diary on here too, its a great way to chat to others and record your journey. We all have one! :) pop in and have a read.