You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Glitzy" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 8:42pm

Over competative child

Hello All

Long time no speak. I have hit a weird one with Max and I am not sure how to handle it, was hoping someone may have some advice.

Max is so competative and can not bare to loose at anything, he has a fit is he does. It can be as simple as who walks through a door first. Everything is a competition, if we are at traffic lights he goes mad if the lights are at red as the other cars are "winning". The side of it I dont like is that he takes great joy in telling others they are loosers and he is the winner and laughing at them. Just does not come out very nice. I dread when he is involved in something and does not win as he freaks out. I have tried to talk to him about being a gracious looser and that we cant win at everything all the time and we should be happy for our friends etc but nothing is working.

Any advice?

Many thanks

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Mar 4th 2010

Children: Lewis - 4 years

Friday, August 20th 2010, 7:59am

Glitzy,

Oh how I laughed at your post!!! I have a son who is 4 tomorrow and he is exactly the same. He has to be up the stairs first, clothes on first, walking to the shops first and if he doesnt win then all hell breaks loose! As he has got older its become a bit of a concern for me as I worry that he wont have any friends with the way he is acting. He has to go up the slide first, win the race first etc. I see all these other kids just looking like him as if he's a nutter! Like you, I dont really know what to do. He keep on telling him that he cant always come first but it hasnt sunk in. Nightmare eh!

xx
Me 34 DH 40.
DS born without any problems- 2006

*1st miscarriage- blighted ovum June 2008
*2nd miscarriage September 2008
*1st ectopic- left tube rucptured Xmas Eve 2008
*2nd ectopic- right tube treated with methotrexate September 2009
*1st IVF- March 2010- chemical pregnancy
*2nd IVF July 2010- BFN
*FET December 2010- BFP. Twins from one egg! Lost twin one at 9 weeks and twin 2 at 10weeks
*Diagnosed with elevated anti thyriod antibodies May 2011
*Surprise natural BFP August 2011- 3rd ectopic. Right tube removed.

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, August 23rd 2010, 12:09pm

Hi Glitzy

My thoughts would be that its just a phase and he'll come out of it. If it last a while then it'll certainly get bashed out of him at school when he'll realise that he can't win all the time as there will be others who are just as competitive.

Try not to worry but keep re-inforcing that its nice for others to win sometimes at games, cards etc and that not everything is a race or competition.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE