You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Smunchy

• "Smunchy" started this thread

Reg: Aug 13th 2010

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 3:25pm

Hi all.....advice needed

Hi Everyone

I think that tomorrow, when I have my next gynaecologist appointment, I will be starting Clomid. I am trying to put together a list of things to ask...My list so far consists of:
  • Will I be able to have the folicle tracking scans?
  • The 21 day (?) blood test to see if I ovulated?
Is there any other things I should request/need to ask?

Also, out of interest, AF hasnt visited me since the month after I came off Dianette, Sept 09, does this make a difference? Should I ask to have the injection to bring forward her visit?

Thanks in advance
Emma

Me - 28 - PCOS
OH - 30 - Super [zx151]

My Blog

Sending :dust: to everyone

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 4:07pm

Hello Smunchy

Sounds like you already know the two most important questions!!! Hopefully you'll be offered both of these things - if not, try to insist on them.

As for bringing on a bleed, you should discuss this with your clinic. They will most likely prescribe something to bring it on - often a drug called Provera, which is basically a progesterone which you take for about a week and then after you stop a bleed comes a few days later (timings vary from person to person).

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 4:19pm

Hiya,

Bee is right. Please insist on tracking scans and bloods definately. You should be offered them but a lot of places don't. You need to know whether clomid is working for you or whether you need a higher dose, or whether you are reacting too well to clomid.

I was given norethisterone to induce a bleed. But again, timings for AF vary from person to person.

Good luck!!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 6:12pm

Hiya,

As above tracking scans on at least the first month are essential but I would also advise asking about the following:

- What happens if Clomid adversely affects your cervical mucous (it can cause it to dry up so no sperm make it through your cervix I suspect this happened to me ). They can give you stuff to counteract this but you need to know how to spot this and if they will offer remedies.
- Can you have a regular cervical mucous check, some women have hostile cervical mucous, it looks like the regular stuff but it kills off sperm I'm afraid the test is you have fun with dh, rush to the clinic and they test your cm to see if there are any of your dh's wrigglers left alive and swimming. Not all clinics offer this (I was never offered this) but if you can get it it's so worth it as it rules out one potential problem (if you did have this you would need to go straight to IUI).
- What is the waiting time for a follow up appointment, it's not something you're going to need if Clomid works of course (and there is no reason to suggest it won't) but I found out after 2 months of treatment that the waiting time for a follow up was 6 months so I should have booked my follow up when I started Clomid and cancelled it if I didn't need it.

That's all I can think of right now but good luck with your appointment.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Smunchy

• "Smunchy" started this thread

Reg: Aug 13th 2010

Sunday, August 15th 2010, 8:00pm

Thank you all for taking the time to reply :) I will be sure to ask about CM and the follow up appointment

I'm feeling a little nervous about the appointment, not sure why....but then I get nervous before any appointment...

Me - 28 - PCOS
OH - 30 - Super [zx151]

My Blog

Sending :dust: to everyone

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE