You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "KayJay" started this thread

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Friday, August 13th 2010, 9:35am

Can anyone help re Factor VIII assay?

Hi ladies,

I wonder if anyone can help? I went to my GP yesterday morning to pick up some blood test results. I had some thrombophilia tests done which all came back as normal but one 'advanced coagulation study' has come back abnormal. I'm not sure what it means so will take it to my consultant next week and see if he can explain. My GP couldn't explain it. I've done some googling but will try again later as I couldn't find anything that made much sense to me! The results are:

Factor VIII assay - 167.5 (normal range is 50-150 u)

Has anyone else had this test come back abnormal? Do you know what it means? Any tx required?

Thanks xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, August 13th 2010, 3:49pm

i think that it means that your blood maybe clots too quickly so when the embryo tries to implant the area clots and this might prevent implantation.

see this link

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/factorv.htm

they will treat you with clexane which should help. x

• "KayJay" started this thread

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Friday, August 13th 2010, 5:01pm

Thanks for your reply BG but the abnormal result I got back was re a Factor VIII assay and not Factor V Leiden which came back normal. It probably is something to do with clotting but wanted to be sure. Cant seem to find anything on the web but hopefully my consultant will have an answer. I'll take my results with me to the clinic on Monday.

I've taken clexane in the past and this time around I'll be taking 40mg (double dose compared to last time) so hopefully that will do the trick x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE