You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "VRBennett83" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2010

Children: William, our last embryo, was our miracle!

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 7:16pm

No sperm and feeling like there is no help!

Help! I am new to this forum and am hoping someone out there can give us some help!

We have been TTC for 2+ years now and went to the GP a few months ago. He arranged a sperm test for my hubby and blood tests for both of us. All blood tests came back ok but my hubby's sperm count showed 0! He referred us on to see the Fertility consultant at the Chesterfield Royal and we were seen in around 6 weeks, which we thought was pretty good.

The consultant recommended more blood tests for both of us, and another sperm term for hubby. I also had a HSG to check out the tubes, and all was fine with me. My hubby's blood work was fine too, which included a hormone test but the 2nd sperm test also showed 0 - how did we find this out? We got a letter through the post! The letter was dated 2 weeks before we received it, and then said "Your sperm count showed no sperm. We will discuss the implications of this when I next see you". Next see us?! We don't even have another appointment!

As you can imagine, this peice of news has left us both reeling - will my husband be able to have children that are genetically his? Sperm donation? What now?

We have spent a week trying to contact the consultant to find out what is going to happen from now - but we can't even get through the secretary! X( We have left countless voicemails and not had a single one returned. I have never felt so neglected in all my life!

We are both at our wits end - my husband is feeling terrible, worrying about his results and wondering what now. I have taken to crying at random intervals through worry, stress, frustration and sadness.

We have no idea what is going to happen now and can't get to find out. :bawl:
Me - 28
DH - 32, low sperm count and motility

ICSI #1- failed fertilsation
ICSI #2, 2 embies. 1 put back and :BFP: miscarried 7wks

Verity

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 7:26pm

I'm so sorry to hear your results. I'm afraid I have no experience of low sperm counts but I'm sure there are people here who can advise you soon.

I can relate to your crying at random intervals though, I'm just the same even though our investigations are complete and we are now on a waiting list. TTC is so emotional and an experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Sending you both a big hug xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, August 12th 2010, 7:37pm

I am so sorry to hear about your results and the manner in which you were told, you and dh must be devastated.

I don't have any personal experience of zero sperm but I know there are a lot of ladies on here who's dh's have had this problem and I hope someone will be along soon.

Nothing is certain until further tests are done, mainly because it depends on whether your dh is actually producing sperm or not, good hormone levels give some hope that he is in which case it he could have some kind of blockage that is preventing the sperm escaping (although that isn't 100%) if it does turn out to be a blockage rather than non production of sperm then there is a chance of retrieving sperm using one of the surgical methods available so please don't give up hope and really, really push to be referred for further investigation go back to your gp if necessary.

I will draw attention to your post in the staff room to see if someone with experience can pop in and give you some advice.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 1st 2010

Children: 1st ICSI - Perfect baby boy born 2011, 2nd ICSI - BFN

Friday, August 13th 2010, 9:24pm

Hiya,
our situ is not exactly the same but my hb has a low count of around 4mil insteat of 20mil and only 2% of those are ok. We are going through the ICSI form of IVF within the next couple of weeks and people have fallen pregnant by using this method.

Me and hb did some research before being referred and it may be that they try to get what they need by going through the testicles.
might be worth doing some research on the net maybe xxx

good luck and i hope u get some answers soon xxx

Leni

Ace

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: One fluffy one

Friday, August 13th 2010, 9:36pm

:hugs: Hi VR
I bet you and DH are in bad need of that hug!

Me & my DH were told he had no sperm last April and its totally shocking and you are led to believe that you cant have kids. Like you we received a letter stating no sperm see you in a month. We would have appreciated some info about the condition and also to be advised that it may still be possible to have our own kid.

Am sure since last night you have found some info but basically when no sperm is found it is called azoospermia. My DH is a carrier of cystic fibrosis gene which causes his azoo. He does not have CF. the condition means that he has a involuntary vasectomy, we had him a biopsy and they found sperm though it never reaches full maturity but the short of it is I'm now on the 2 week wait after my egg and DH sperm first met last Wed!!!
Take a read of my diary if you like .. hopefully it will have a happy ending soon :xxx3: any questions private mail me or ask me on this
Hope your DH is ok :flowers:
Azoo SA in April 2009 confirmed with second SA in May 2009
DH Biopsy 25 March 2010 - Sperm found!! Cystic Fibrosis carrier - Origins EC 4 Aug 2 Embies - failed cycle ;(
RFC April 2011 xfingers

My Diary

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE