You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ells77

• "ells77" started this thread

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Friday, August 6th 2010, 6:07pm

sterilization reversal

My doctor has referred me for a sterilization reversal on the NHS I was wondering if theres anyone in NI whos actually had it done on the NHS and how long is the wait
Ellie

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Sunday, August 8th 2010, 10:46am

Hi Ells :wave:

I cant anwser ur question im afraid, but im sure u could find out where u are on the waiting list if u ring the dept up and ask them. Just out of curisoity, how long have u been steralized for and were u offered IVF .... reason i ask is cos i was steralized many years ago and when i went to Doc to ask for it to be reversed, he told me i was better going off for IVF - which i took his advise and did .... 4 attempts later and 4 years older - here i am, feeling too dam old for another IVF (42 tomorrow!!) and gutted cos i didnt go for te reversal - at least i wud have had a chance to try every mth. have u thought of having the operation done privately - i know its cost in and around £3,000 but cheaper than one IVF cycle , let alone 4 lol ...

Good Luck Xxx

ells77

• "ells77" started this thread

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Thursday, August 4th 2011, 10:32pm

Hi wow havent been on here for such a long time. Found out the waiting list is only 3 months !! however I did need to lose weight which I have now done so will be operated on in the next few months.I was sterilised at 25. I actually went and asked for IVF but the doctor said because of my age (33) I could still go for IVF if it failed.
Ellie

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ells77" (Aug 4th 2011, 10:33pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE