You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LittleMissCurious" started this thread

Reg: Aug 3rd 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 9:28am

Undescended Testes

Hi. I'm new on here. DH and I have been TTC for 9 months. We've used a fertility monitor to track my cycles successfully, but still not had that illusive BFP. I saw my GP about 3 months ago, and she basically sent me away with a leaflet about how to make babies (!!!!) and told me to come back in 6 months if nothing had happened by then!

DH had an op when he was young (around 2 or 3?) to correct undescended testes on both sides, which I didn't mention to my GP as I hadn't realised it coudl affect things. So, do we go back together now to see if she can start with getting SA done, and how do I broach this with DH without it sounding like I think he's to blame? ?(

Reg: Jun 8th 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 1:40pm

Hiya LittleMissCurious,

Its a difficult thing for you to broach with your DH but best to dive in and go for it. Perhaps suggest that you will go to your GP for a blood test to check your hormone levels and then at least you're both getting checked out and he might then not feel like the spotlight is on him? As there is a history, then your GP will be more likely to want to carry out an SA. Unfortunately, undescended testes can cause problems but not for all men. My poor DH had one undescended testicle which had to be removed when he was about 4. Sadly ICSI is our only chance. However, DH's older brother who had similar issues, has had a baby with his wife without any treatment. xfingers all goes well for you.

Suzi

xxx

ICSI#1 short protocol BFN 02/09/08
ICSI#2 long protocol BFN 19/05/10

• "LittleMissCurious" started this thread

Reg: Aug 3rd 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 3:29pm

Thanks for that! Have booked to see GP together on Friday.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 3:56pm

Hi Littlemisscurious

I am sorry you are having these worries and probs, my DH had undescended testes op too as a child and sadly it has affected his fertility, but that is not always the case, so please stay positive. It would be a good idea to book an appt with the GP for both of you as if you are refered for treatment and test further down the line then this will be done jointly and you will be reffered as a couple.

A SA is the first logical step for your DH but they may want to do bloods and other tests too, there is loads of info on here in the male factor sections, have a look around and give me a shout if you need any help

Good luck x

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010, 4:03pm

Hi again

here are some links which you may finsd useful

Male Factor Male Factor

Male Factor FAQ FAQ

Male Factor Chatter Chatter

In these sections you will find lots of ladies who understand how you feel and what you are going through, the support on here is amazing :)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE