You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: May 17th 2010

Friday, August 13th 2010, 3:22pm

Hi Mea!!!

It must have been amazing seeing one of the babies moving! I wish mine looked more energetic at my scan, but was also asleep when we were there! Hopefully we will see the little one moving more at the next scan. I still don't feel any different, so hope everything is OK. My 12 week scan is next Wednesday, so not too long to wait now.

Have a good weekend!!!

How was your scan Daezil?

Reg: Jun 14th 2010

Friday, August 13th 2010, 8:18pm

Hi girls
Mea -It must be amazing to see 2 of them in there. I was amazed about how much had changed too. Glad to hear you got some movement too. Scans are addictive arent they?
We got some kicking shots too which was good and was so shocked in 2 weeks the difference and actually seeing limbs now, it is just all so amazing.
Now I am just having a total ball ache getting hold of a midwife - I'm sure they are like buses I will have waited all this time and probably get 3 diff ones call! To cut a yawn story short, I notified my GP on the 17th July and was told that I would hear from a midwife, called another day and told the same to wait. So,basically I called up on Thursday and was told that no-one would contact me until I did a self referral blah blah :sleeping: I then went through a bit of a palava and then supposedly now waiting for someone to call me!! I just wanna get my scans booked in and stuff and purposely went to GP a month ago to get the ball rolling (so I thought). Apologies rant over! I just dont think they realise when you have been through what we have to get preggers we need that bit of contact and reassurance!
Anyway Mrs Groucho that I am. It's all good really and I do feel so much better for having a 2nd scan after seeing that empty sac before.
Babybump - what day is your one? 12 weeks eh! Time flies doesnt it.
Love to you both and happy weekend
xxx
2009: 2 X ICSI - BFN
June 2010: ICSI - :BFP:
EDD - 14 March 2011

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 7:36pm

Hi Girlies!!!

I just wanted to pop in to say I've had my 12 week scan and everything is looking good. They did a nuchal scan too and took blood tests and will let us know in the next 5 working days if there is a high risk of chromosomal abnormalities (by phone), or within the next 2-3 weeks by letter if the risk is low, so fingers crossed for no phone call!!!

Absolutely amazing seeing the litttle baby in there though- it was so clear- we could see the legs crossed at the ankles, the sweetest little feet and hands!!! I can't stop grinning smile2

I hope you are doing well and are both enjoying your pregnancies!!!
:xxx3:

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 9:00pm

Babybump

That is fantastic news, how brilliant it is so amazing that you can see so much detail already. It is obviously a very chilled baby about having its photo taken having its legs crossed. How cute! I am quite nervous about the whole nucal scan, I am 40 so no spring chicken now. Sure all will be fine for you. I hope you got some good pictures to show off. I am sure you said you were a dentist?! Maybe you could put them on the ceiling for your patients to see :snigger: Really pleased all went well. Hope you are feeling well, bit personal but have you had upset tummy at all. I am having a bit of an insecure day today, I think that is just because I dont feel sick like I did last week!

x

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 9:33pm

Hi Daezil!

My stomach has not been right since I got my BFP. I've been getting cramps- quite severe sometimes, it hasn't really been upset, but definitely not its usual regular self. I've read that stomach issues are normal during pregnancy though, due to the muscles and fibres stretching and relaxing. So try not to worry!!! I know it's easier said than done though- I haven't really had any major symptoms since the beginnig of my pregnancy and have been paranoid about it right up until today... Not that the worry is gone now though, but then again does it ever go away? I am now worrying about the blood results and the next scan... There is no chilling us out eh?

Remember that symptoms come and go all the time. I'm sure you'll be fine and that your baby is doing very well snuggled up in there! We all have moments of worry, doubt and panic, especially after all the things we went through to get here.
grouphug

mea

Ace

• "mea" started this thread

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: little boy from our first ICSI

Saturday, August 21st 2010, 9:31am

Hi Both of you

Babybump - glad all went well with your 12wk scan, i have mine on 10th Sept i cant wait!!!

Daezil - I have the same worries as you i am 38 and a bit worried about the nuchal scan results! I also think i over did things a bit on holiday but have to wait nearlly 3 wks till i see my babies. But saying that from the sickness i have and the size of my stomach i think they have got to be fine!!!

Will catch up again later need to finish the unpacking and all that washing!!!!

[/table][/col]

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 9:23am

Late to the party, but Mrs C and I had treatment at OFU.

We're on our 3rd cycle of ICSI, 1 funded by NHS, 2 paid for by us.
Our 3rd cycle worked, and we're now expecting twins on Jan 4th :o Can't wait!!

Glad to see there are other successes here too.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 12:03pm

Hi Mr C

I am a gatecrasher as I did not have treatment at Oxford but I am in the south east and so thats how I got chatting on here. I have seen you on fz, twins eh! fantastic! How is Mrs C feeling?

Hi Mea - hope you had a good holiday, thats the worst part coming back to all that washing! Shame about the weather hope you got a few good days.

We are hoping to go out and see friends in Ibiza but I feel a bit nervous about flying so I keep putting off booking it. I did fly at about 15 weeks with my dd and I went all the way to Bermuda but I feel a lot more wary about it all this time around. My scan is on the 7th, so excited and nervous but no point worrying eh!

I have had my booking visit after a lot of mucking around trying to get referred and lots of calls blah blah! The m/w said I may have to have a c-section again due to having one last time and having had a hernia repair. I really want to try for a natural but I will have a chat with the consultant anyway. That seems like a life time away so for now living week to week. Nearly 11 weeks now, phhhheeeeeeeeew!

Babybump - thank you for your re-assurance bless you, my tummy has always been a bit volatile. But as I am still on progesterone it normally slows things down if you know what I mean. Hope you are feeling well and having a good weekend.

xxx

Mr C

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 12:07pm

Mrs C is all good.
No sickness, only symptoms are tiredness really.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 7:14pm

Hi Everyone!

Welcome on board Mr C and congratulations on the twins! How exciting! I'm the same as Mrs C regarding the symptoms- we're really lucky I guess.

Progesterone will definitely slow down your digstive system, Daezil! 11 weeks, wow, time flies!!! When are you planning on going to Ibiza? I never even thought that flying might be a problem in pregnancy. Does the worry ever end?! :faint:

Welcome back Mea!!! I'm so glad that you're starting to show a bump already, it must be so comforting. Some days I think that I can see mine, but then again I could just be imagining it. :O I can't wait to be able to see it for real!!!

I went to Mothercare and Babies 'r Us today, but you'll be glad to hear that I managed to control myself and didn't buy anything!!! Do you still have your cots and prams from your first children, or are you planning on buying new things? Everything looks so good, but I really don't know what is the best thing to buy. When do you start buying things? I guess 12 week might be a little too early hey? :snigger:

mea

Ace

Sunday, August 22nd 2010, 9:35pm

HI Mr C
Welcome to our little thread, glad Mrs C is doing well shes lucky not to be getting any symptoms she must have a good bump by now. Did you find out what you are having at your 20wk scan.

Babybump
I still have everything from when we had ds and also my friend is due to have a little girl in December so is planning to pass everything on to us, as obviously i only have one of each and will be needing 2 this time!!! The only thing we will need to buy is a double buggy planning on putting one of the boards on the back for ds as he will only be 3 so still a little young to walk everywhere.
I am afraid to say that as soon as i hit 12wks last time i started buying bits and pieces mainly only clothes none of the big stuff!

Daezil
Sorry you have had such a nightmare with your GP. Ours have been really good and i have my first midwife appointment Thursday next week then my 12wk scan on 10th September, which i am going to try and bring forward a couple of days as DH cant get that day off. So we could end up having our scans on the same day!!

How are both your symptoms i still feel really sick all day, and get really bad indigestion at night. I had to dig out some of my maternity bras from last pregnancy yesterday as my others are so uncomfortable now.

Look forward to hearing form you both.

[/table][/col]

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 11:33pm

Hi guys and girls

Babybump - do you know what, you have had your 12 week scan if you want to buy something you go for it. Enjoy being pregnant. I know last time when I first found out I just bought a silly small cuddly toy as I had popped into Asda for something. It made me feel really nice to just buy a small thing. I just gradually accummulated stuff. Actually we didnt get our pushchair until I was about 6/7 months and that took hours!!! When I get paid next week I am going to go and buy something, I think it makes all seem so much more real.

Mea - your shopping is a bit more complex with double everything, good that you have friends to pass stuff on. Does your DS know yet? My dd keeps saying mummy is going to have a baby - a real one! Cute. I guess you must be showing as you are expecting twins. I have already put on 6lbs and look like winnie the pooh (maybe thats just all the cookies that I am munching onwhoops3

AFM my symptoms have lessened still feel a bit yucky on occasion but apart from that nothing really. I went up to see my sis in Lincoln this week and found it hard to cope with all the smells. I feel like a bloodhound at the moment with my snout! Now I have typed about my lack of symptoms then I automatically start to worry. I am rubbish! A few more days of pessaries and then that is it - soooo fed up with those bad boys!

Love to all and keep me posted

xxx
EDD - 14 March 2011

Reg: Jun 12th 2009

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 4:12pm

First scan

Hi Everyone

I had my BFP a week or so now and I'm at OFU in conjunction with the US clinic i'm at and I wondered when you had your first scan?

OFU measure it from the day of ET (i think) and i have my first scan booked for what i've worked out as 7 weeks 2 days. I just wondered when you guys had yours?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks
M
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 7:59pm

Hi M!

Congratulations on your BFP!!!

I had my first scan at the satelite clinic at 6 weeks (so 4 weeks after ET), then the second at 8 weeks and the last one at 12 weeks. The next one is due at 20 weeks.

Good luck and enjoy being pregnant! How are you feeling? How many embies did you have placed back in?

Wednesday, September 1st 2010, 5:38pm

I had one embie pit back on Friday 13th and it seems to have worked. Feel ok just really tired but today on the way to work felt really sick, which I was surprised by as I'm only 5 weeks and a few days preggers.... Still I am hoping that is a good sign. My hcg levers are really high - also good I hope.

Glad everyones scans are looking good :-)
Balanced translocation (me), 4 x miscarriages, PDG Jan 10 - BFN (no normal embryos), Aug 10 DE IVF - USA, very cautious BFP :)

mea

Ace

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 9:10am

HI Scoffs
Congratulations on your BFP, i had my first scan at 6wks + 5 then my next one at 9wks.

Babybump
Have you got the date for your 20wk scan, how far along are you now?

Daezil
How are you doing, if i remember rightly your 12wk scan is next week the day before me!!! Mine is next Friday at 9.05am cant wait for it to get here!!!

AFM i havent been on here for a few days as just so tired at the minute, the sickness seems to be calmimg a little and now only feel ill when i have eaten and last thing at night. The bump definatley seems to be expanding think i will be in maternity wear over the next couple of weeks!!!!

[/table][/col]

Thursday, September 2nd 2010, 6:04pm

Hi Mea!

I'm 14weeks now and finally starting to see a little bump!!! My trousers are definitely feeling much tighter. My next scan is only in October, but I have an appointment with the consultant later this month. I'm not really sure why they referred me to see a consultant, the midwife said it's standard procedure with an ivf pregnancy?

I'm glad to hear that the morning sickness is easing off! Good luck for the scan!
:xxx:

Monday, September 6th 2010, 10:29pm

Hiya Oxford

Scoffs - Big congrats on your BFP, a lot to take in eh! Are you symptom watching? I think I was 7 weeks at my first scan.

Mea- I have my scan tomorrow aaaaaaahhhh!! Little bit nervioso! So many people want me to call or text them afterwards that I feel quite pressurised although I know it is just loved ones well wishing.

Babybump - I havent been able to do my work troos up for a couple of weeks now so desp need to buy some. Its a bit embarrassing as my colleagues kept telling me I was flying!Dont want to spend a fortune on maternity wear so may pop over to Asda and have a nose. Did order a couple of bits in the Next sale but not really work gear. My maternity clothes from last time were summer clothes as my dd was born in October and I dont think I will be wearing surf shorts in January!!

Anyways, hope you are all well. Mea, Babybump we are 2nd tri now so this is when we should feel good! Bring it on. I am covered in zits, got mouth ulcer and feel wound up like a jack in the box at the mo. However, still happy but worried as usual!!

xxx

mea

Ace

Friday, September 10th 2010, 1:23pm

Hi

I had my 12wk scan today and everything is perfect, twin 1 measures 7.3cm and twin 2 is slightly smaller at 6.5cm but they are both a good size for 13weks. It was so amazing to watch them wriggling around on the screen we got to watch them for ages as they were not in a very good position for the nuchal measurements!! One of them even had hiccups!
The Nuchal measurements were also good one was slightly over average but still well within the normal range and the other was just below average so i am over the moon with that as was a bit worried due to my age.

Daezil how was your scan?

babybump how are you doing?

[/table][/col]

Friday, September 10th 2010, 2:30pm

Hi Mea!

I'm so glad to hear that your scan went well! It's great news on the nuchal results too, congratulations!!! My nuchal scan was combined with blood tests, so they didn't give me a reading straight away, but the final outcome was a low risk - 1 in 10000, which is apparently good.
I hope the zits and ulcer has cleared up Daezil! The joys of pregnancy eh?!?! I would also not change it for the world though! I hope your scan went well!

Friday, September 10th 2010, 9:36pm

Hi gals!

Poo! just lost a thread. Great to hear about your scan Mea, two little wrigglers to keep an eye on - lovely! Pleased to hear all well, good sizes and nuchal result sounds good:weehee:. I would really like my dd to see a scan but they are pretty strict about one person.

I didnt realised how worked up I had got leading up to the scan and burst into tears as soon as I realised that there was my baby on the screen! Soooo relieved! My nuchal was 1.89mm so I think thats fine and I havent heard anything so I am taking no news as good news, I was a bit concerned as I am the ripe old age of 40. I should get a letter next week. Baby measured 7.46, got good piccies and allowing myself to be excited and happy now! yippeee. My dd keeps telling me that she is having a sister and I keep trying to explain to her that she cant choose!

Babybump - zits and ulcer practically gone, just got pretty consistent indigestion which I had last time so I must get a prescription for a xl bottle of gaviscon and just neck it as and when! How are you feeling? Well in my maternity jeans now so much more comfortable.

What are your due dates ladies?

Love to everyone, hope alls well

Monday, October 11th 2010, 1:50pm

Hi Ladies!!!

Just popping in to say I'm having a boy!!! Soooo excited! We just had our 20 week scan and everything is looking good. According to the scan dates my due date is on 25 Feb, but according to the IVF calculations it will be the 28th? I guess the baby will come when HE is ready...

How are you keeping? When are your next scans?

Well, I'm off to buy something blue biggrin2

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 5th 2010

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 8:07am

Great news Babybump

Enjoy the shopping! bab22

TTC 5 years
Me 36 OK
DH 36 Low [zx151]

1st ICSI Jan 2011 9 Collected, 2 blasts put back :BFN:

MY DIARY

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 8:05pm

Thanks Hun!!! How are you doing?

Sunday, October 17th 2010, 9:29pm

Hi babybump

Congratulations on having a boy! I hope you have had fun shopping.

I think they my dates differ by three days earlier from my first scan too and I believe that was the same all through the last pregnancy. I think quite often that happens with ivf pregnancies. Chances are you are going to have a pisces - which in my (very biased opinion) is a win win!

Glad to hear all is going well for you.

x
EDD - 14 March 2011

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 20th 2010, 5:21pm

I'm doing OK, we had our consent appointment which felt like a real step forward. Only problem is with Christmas in the way we've got to wait another month before we can start, however with work it's a good idea as Christmas is manic.

TTC 5 years
Me 36 OK
DH 36 Low [zx151]

MY DIARY

mea

Ace

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 2:43pm

Hi All

Just thought i would pop by and let you know that we had our 20wk scan yesterday and all is looking good. Also found out we are expecting one of each which is amazing i am so excited happydance . Starting to look quite big now, also have to see someone every 2 weeks alternating between the hospital and my midwife!!! But at least i get to see my 2 little ones every 4 weeks :happy:

How is everyone else getting on?

[/table][/col]

Mr C

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 2:54pm

Congrats Mea!! :)

We decided not to find out the sex of ours, Mrs C wanted a surprise.

I am wanting to visit the OFU once they are born though, to say thankyou to the nurse etc there.
Our Diary

mea

Ace

Wednesday, October 27th 2010, 11:12am

Hi Mr C
I am sure the OFU would love that, i thought about doing it with our first little one but never got round to it so sent them a couple of pics. But think i will definatley try to pop in after theses 2 are born, after all would not have been possible with out them.

[/table][/col]

Sunday, October 31st 2010, 9:14pm

Hiya

Just popping in to say hello.

Mea - Glad to hear about your scan, it must be nice for you to be able to make plans and being able to tell your ds if he is getting a bro or a sis or in your case both. Great stuff.

Mr C - we have plumped for a surprise although we were tempted to ask at the scan. We had a surprise the first time and because I had to have an elective caesarean I knew what date we were having our dd. I am so glad we didnt find out the sex as we wouldnt have had any surprises as I was disappointed that the labour was kinda taken out of my hands.

Babybump - I hope you are keeping well - how are you getting on?

xxx
EDD - 14 March 2011

Friday, November 5th 2010, 11:11pm

Hello!

Mea, great news on the twins - a boy and a girl - you must be over the moon! Is your son excited? Or is he too little to understand?

Daezil and MrC, I can't believe you're strong enough not to find out the gender. Impressive! I would have never made it, but it has to be an amazing feeling to be told once the baby/babies are here. Don't you find it's so much more difficult to shop in a unisex way though?

I hope you're all feeling well and expanding nicely- maybe you MrC not as much as MrsC! :snigger:

I'm doing well, definitely feeling the baby moving now, which is amazing. Some days really strong- to the point that I can see my bump moving, but other times it's much softer - I guess it depends on which way he's facing? I'm loving every minute of it and still can't believe we got this lucky!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Monday, November 8th 2010, 8:56pm

Hello Oxford

I hope you are all well and blooming.

Babybump - We were very tempted to find out so we could tell dd but am glad we resisted just for that big surprise at the end, but each to their own. I must admit I have wanted to buy a couple of baby bits and it is hard to buy neutral clothes now. When we had our dd my hubby went out on the 1st day and turned up in hospital with loads of girly sleepsuits and cardigans it was lovely. Also last time I had to have a c section so I knew what date I was having my dd so I was desp for some element of surprise.

Take it easy everyone

x
EDD - 14 March 2011

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 5:18pm

Hi All

Hope everyone's bumps are blooming :)

Just wondered where everyone has opted to have their babies?

Scoffs x

mea

Ace

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 3:46pm

Mr C

Just noticed your girls are here Big Congratulations how did it go??

[/table][/col]

Mr C

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 5:31pm

Hey Mea! Yes, our girls arrived on the 21st December by planned C-Section (38w)

So, 2 weeks old today!! Time is flying by, although it doesn't feel it at 3am! :)
Our Diary

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: Yes please

Monday, January 10th 2011, 8:11pm

Hi there

Quick message to let you know a number of fzers are meeting in London on 22nd. If you fancy joining us pop in to fz meet up section and have a look.

X

3 IUI and 5 IVF :BFN:
What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1
On Metformin & Immune Cycle

mea

Ace

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 1:16pm

Just a quickie twins born on Thursday after. Natural delivery Sam At 9.05 weighing 5lb 11 And Emily at 9.37 weighing 5lb 13 will post full story when home.

[/table][/col]

Saturday, February 26th 2011, 5:09pm

Congratulations Mea!!!

My Oliver was also born last Thursday (the 17th) via c-section.

How are you coping with everything?

Monday, February 28th 2011, 8:43pm

Mea - fantastic! Just logged on and was looking for you and wondering if any news. Congratulations and how lovely that you had a natural birth with twins. Wow! I hope you have lots of helping hands. Really delighted for you and yours.Fantastic, take care xxx

bab19bab13
EDD - 14 March 2011

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 1st 2011, 9:48am

Congratulations Mea

TTC 5 years
Me 36 OK
DH 36 Low [zx151]