You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "cathy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 9:36am

utrogestan absorption

Hi, I'm taking utrogestan 200mg capsules vaginally three times per day as part of my luteal support. Does anyone who takes this know how long it takes to absorb into the body? I used to take cyclogest pessaries and I've heard these only take 20 mins but my consultant says utrogestan takes many hours so advised my to take an extra dose. I'm finding that I pass out some when I go to the loo in the morning (sorry!) :O As I'm pretty 'regular' (tmi) I'm worried that I'll be taking an extra dose every day!

Thanks in advance, Cathy xxx
Cathy

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 10:45am

I am on 3 uterogestran a day and 1 cyclogest at night. I tend t liedown or keep legs elevated for 30 minutes after inserting. The stuff you pass is the coating of the pesary, not the actual drug x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 6:07pm

Thanks Bravegirl. That's what I needed to know :cuddle Cathy xxx
Cathy

What's Up?
My life sucks!

Saturday, July 24th 2010, 6:15pm

Hi ya,

I take Utrogestan twice a day vaginally and was told by my clinic that all will be absorbed after 20 mins. I too lie down for about 30 mins after and Bravegirl is quite right that the yukky gunk that comes out is just the waxy coating. xxx

TTC since 2007

PCOS/High ATA's/MF issues/Immune issues/Hidden C+

ICSI 1 :BFN:
ICSI 2 :BFP: mmc
ICSI 3 :BFN:
DICSI 4 :BFP: chem pg
DFET 5 :BFN:
DICSI 6 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DICSI 7 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DFET 8 (Immune protocol) 2015 - Last chance then that's us done!

Sunday, July 25th 2010, 9:58am

Thanks, Claire Bear. That's really reassuring. I'm using the capsules rather than pessaries but I guess they are absorbed pretty quickly too. Cathy xxx
Cathy

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE