You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

louby261

• "louby261" started this thread

Reg: Jul 22nd 2010

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 2:48pm

new...confused...Help! :-)

Hi All

Im completely new to all this and dont know where to start. Im 28 and have been diagnosed with POF after a 7 year journey of hell. I was actually officially diagnosed 2 years ago but all my symptoms started 5 years ago, so had years of suffering and various tests and visits to different doctors before it all became clear as to what was going on. I have lived in the dark for 2 years, crying and being in denial about my situation. Would like to hear from others in the same situation and share stories.

Lisa xx :wacko:

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 11:06am

Hi Lisa, sorry I can't help, I don't know anything about POF. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you, always someone here to answer your questions.

Just wanted to say Hi and wish you luck. xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 11:26am

Welcome to FZ Lisa

I am so sorry to hear your news. :sadface: My sister was given the same diagnosis last year at the age of 34 and was told about the Daisy Network **Not a FZ endorsed link** it's a website for women just like you.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members so you don't have to do this alone any more, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Fingers crossed all your dreams come true soon.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, July 23rd 2010, 11:49am

Hi Lisa

Welcome to the forum, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I totally understand how you feel and what you are going through, I was finally diagnosed last year after an horrific time.

The link that Polly gave you is fantastic, it certainly answered many of my questions.

What is next for you now? Are you on medication? Has your consultant explained about how diet can make a big change to your symptoms?

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

ali28

Reg: May 30th 2010

Sunday, July 25th 2010, 4:45pm

Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to say hi and that thre are many people on here with the same thing as you, including me, I am 28, and aged 16 I never had a period but had other womans thingsie curves, breasts etc, so got a horome test done at gp they couldnt find much, so a year later same test showed up I had something wrong with fsh level many hospital visits followed including having to go prvately to see a Prof.McClure who is fab! they concluded I hav POF no real explanation ever so since then I am on HRT tab's for oestrogen as I have none, Now skip forward many years I got married and now am inprocess of ivf using a fabdonor's eggs - she is a friend of a frien who oofered we are due to have egg collection from her 10/08 then embryo transfer to me 13/08 thenits the 2WW Ireally hope it works, am soo excited and also nervous too. I hope in future you get a kind donor too. xfingers
starsmile

In the 2WW.. test date is 27/08/10 (our ist wedding anniversary!!!) please let it be a BFP= Got a BFN

louby261

• "louby261" started this thread

Reg: Jul 22nd 2010

Monday, July 26th 2010, 12:19am

What great advice, thank u.

I feel like i have so much to think about with what steps to take next. I wish i could say that my doctor or gynae were helpful but following my diagnosis i have been put on HRT and sent on my merry way, they gave me the name of the daisy network website but have been offered no further advise...all they said to me was, we are so sorry, you are the only person in this area under 30 diagnosed with this, its something we have very little understanding of. As you can understand this offered me little consolation.
My journey started when i was 21 and became pregnant, subsequently followed by a miscarriage at 8 weeks, then another at 10 then 13. all 3 i had a d&c but on the 3rd i was given a suppository to induce a miscarraige, which was then removed 20 minutes later (well they tried but it had already started working) i then went through another agonising miscarriage followed by more surgery. My periods never returned after this like they had the previous miscarriages and the symptoms begun. i went to my gp for advise and they monitored by blood for 4 years, just telling me that my FSH level was hign and they would retest me 6 months later. i was finally told it was POS, was given a laprascopy and referred for a dexa scan which revealed i also had ostepenia of the limber spine which is one of the repercussions of POS. My doctors tell me that it is no way connected to my miscarriages and traumatic surgery prior to my periods stopping but im somewhat unconvinced.

Im grateful to others that can offer advise.

Lisa x