You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Fingerscrossed2010" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Children: None

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 5:49pm

Clomid everytime??

Hi There

I am new to FZ but been lurking for a while now. I have posted same message on Male Factor but think it was in the wrong bit!! :innocent:

Just after some advise really. My other half recently had his SA done and is really low at 4.7!! ;(

We have been referred to fertility/gyno testing at my local hospital but was wondering has anybody been prescribed Clomid first for male factor infertility or is it straight to ICSI after more tests ect? Do they always offer clomid first before starting ICSI? ?(

We have been told we will need ICSI but wondering if they will put me on clomid for a while first?

Thanks again

xx xx

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" celebrates his birthday today
  • "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 6:17pm

if its a male factor issue then I would not expect them to put you on clomid at all. Clomid is to help you ovulate. If you ovulate already then ICSI is the best solution for sperm issues.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 9:04pm

Hi hun,

No, I don't think it's the norm to be put on clomid every time, especially for male factor problems. However, in theory, it only takes one sperm and the more eggs you produce the greater the chance of that one sperm finding one!

I was put on a 6 month course of it though by my consultant and our problems were predominantly male factor (poor morphology and motility) - but she did this only because at the time we didn't want to consider IVF.

Needless to say the clomid didn't work and we changed our minds a couple of years later - ICSI number one worked rather well!

I would suggest talking to your consultant about your options - but obviously ICSI is the most successful treatment for male factor problems.

Wishing you lots of luck on your journey :xxx3:

Moonshine

• "Fingerscrossed2010" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Children: None

Saturday, July 17th 2010, 9:42pm

[zx050] for you replies ladies.

Got my first consutation in a couple of weeks although I think I will have more tests before starting ICSI.

Fingers crossed it wont be too long! Such a waiting game xfingers

:xxx3:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE