You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

suki

Ace

• "suki" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Friday, July 9th 2010, 10:59am

high progesterone levels stopping ET

Hi,
I have just finished a short protocol which resulted in 11 eggs, 10 which fertilised and 8 of which were normal. I had thought I was ovulating before EC so they had done b/w and told me my progesterone was high, so upped the synarel spray and decreased my gonal-f. On the day of ET the clinic told me that as my progesterone was still too high, all the embryos would have to be frozen. I was a bit dopey after EC so didn't ask what my levels were. I'm waiting to go for my review appointment, but I'm pretty gutted having had a poor thaw survival rate with our last FET. I'm really confused, has anyone heard of this before?
Thanks Suki

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Grace

Involuntary insomniac

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, July 9th 2010, 1:15pm

HI Suki,

So sorry you've had this worry and delay.

I had a quick google as I've not personally heard of it but it does seem that high levels of progesterone prior to ET is a cause for concern. If you were to get pg from the ET then your progesterone levels would rise further and could potentially cause OHSS.

8 embies is pretty good though, even with if you have a poor thaw survival rate (which you may not this time round) then you should still have some to make it to FET and it's much better to be safe than sorry with OHSS.

1st IVF/ICSI April 09 BFP

GRACE'S DIARY

suki

Ace

• "suki" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Friday, July 9th 2010, 3:07pm

Thanks Grace,
I had no idea that OHSS was even a possibility post-ec, I know the freeze was in our best interests so we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed for our fet. Our embyologist seems very positive, so we'll just have to wait and see.

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Grace

Involuntary insomniac

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Friday, July 9th 2010, 6:13pm

Hi Suki,

it's actually more likely post ET as when you get pg your ovaries start to kick out even more hormones in response to the hormones given off by the developing embryo, these additional hormones kick your body over into OHSS which can be quite nasty so they are right to hold back. It's far better to have a FET with very low risk of OHSS. Good luck!

1st IVF/ICSI April 09 BFP

GRACE'S DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE