You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Belle777

• "Belle777" started this thread

Reg: Jun 30th 2010

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 4:30pm

Do the Semen Analysis results class my partner as infertile?

My partner has just had is SA results back;

Sperm concentration 4.9 million/ml
26% rapid motility
3% sluggish motility
2% normal morphology

We are both very upset, do these results mean that we will not be able to conceive naturally? Is 2% morphology terribly low? Please can someone help shed some light, we would be very grateful. :bawl:

Thank you all

Australia

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: Boy/Girl Twins - Feel blessed everday...

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 12:43am

Hi hon and welcome to FZ! :hello:

I'm sure one of the experts will be along really soon to give you a clearer answer. Never say never to conceiving naturally.....I've seen miracles happen.

My DH had similiar results to this (I think, from memory) however, you have to remember that results go up and down from one day to the next. Your DH can do simple things like take vitamins, especially zinc, avoid tight pants and hot baths, quit smoking (if he smokes) and limit his amount of alcohol. The list can go on, but that comes to the top of my head.

You really need to get 3 separate results to get a good picture as to what is going on. So try and organise another sample in a months time.

I'm sure Paul will be along soon with his wonderful words of wisdom, but please don't give up hope yet.

All the best and I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. I wouldn't be where I am without it! :xxx3:
Rachel blowkiss

#1 ICSI Sept 09 - Chem preg
#2 ICSI Nov 09 - Chem preg
#3 ICSI May 10 - BFP: Twins!!! :girl: :boy:

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 12:23pm

Hi Belle, sorry you're both feeling upset. Like Rach said, SA can vary from sample to sample. I think that lots of things can temporarily affect a sample (even a cold!), so hang on in there.

Zinc, like Rach says, is supposed to be very good for sperm, as I think is Selenium and vits A, C, and E. You can buy Selenium, A, C, and E in single tablet form. My partner also tried CQ10 enzyme, which is supposed to be good. For best results, these supplements all need to be taken for 3 months because that's how long it takes for sperm to develop. It's really worth reducing the alcohol intake too. Some clinics even recommend no alcohol at all while trying to conceive but that can be difficult for a lot of men, I think.

Paul Entwistle knows a lot about this so he'll probably advise.

Cathy xxx
Cathy

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "cathy" (Jul 1st 2010, 12:27pm)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 1:04pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a Male Factor FAQ section HERE which give loads of information about male fertility, tests and helpful tips too.

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions HERE where you can ask for advice.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a signature name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey