You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

flump

• "flump" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Children: A 13 year old daughter

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 2:55pm

Which clinics?

Hey everyone, erm well, my FSH is 12 & E2 91, which isn't brilliant considering I'm only 31. We've been waiting since Jan 10 to get to see the NHS consultant to hopefully be referred for IVF but I'm getting a bit antsy and don't want to wait too much longer for the situation to get worse. My DH has said we can go private, but from what I've read on here, some clinics are better than others at dealing with levels like mine... We live in Bedfordshire & will travel as far afield as London to Northampton(ish) & everywhere in between.

Which clinics have a good reputation for treating people with higher FSH/E2 levels & also do you think we should just wait & see the consultant in August or find a private clinic now? We also have male issues affecting us.

Any advice you have for a Flump who's driving herself a bit batty would be gratefully received pmsl

babydust to us all

Me & OH both 31
One gorgeous DD (from previous r/ship) born 11/04/97
TTC 2 years
Waiting (im)patiently for Consultant's appt on 3/8/10 after an 8 month wait
Me -LH 6, FSH 12, Day 2. Looks like I may be running low on eggies
OH - 77 mil count, 16% fast progressive, 24% slow ones, 3% normal forms, Head to head agglutination

PMA all the way

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Children: Two. Adopted daughter and son conceived through IUI

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 4:07pm

Hi Flump

I was in your situation 13 years ago. At the time I was referred to an endocrinologist Gerard Conway at UCH London. He has a special interest in POF and I became part of his research. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have my son (spur of the moment IUI). Not sure if you want to pursue it from this angle but it certainly helped me get a handle on things. My experience then was with NHS.

I later went to their ACU which is private but didn't feel quite the same about the experience. I'm not sure about other UK clinics but I've just had treatment in Spain, which is the best I've ever had. I'm sure someone will be able to pass on some info.

Good luck:xxx3:
:hello:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995
1996 adopt gorgeous daughter [zx127]
IUI :BFP: 1998 gorgeous son :P
Egg donation 2005 :BFN: ;(
Embryo donation 23.6.10 :BFN: ;(

MY DIARY

Winter

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 4:42pm

Hi Flump, I cant advise you on any private clinics but I do feel your pain with the waiting. We first saw our consultant in August 09 and have an appt next month where hopefully we'll finally get a referral. I'm incredibly impatient about it all but sadly we couldn't go private if we wanted to at the mo. Hope someone answers your questions soon and I hope the wait goes quickly too xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

flump

• "flump" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Children: A 13 year old daughter

Wednesday, June 30th 2010, 8:26pm

Thanks ladies

The waiting is not fun eh Winter? I hope you get somewhere at your appointment, it's really frustrating waiting all this time & not even be on the IVF waiting list yet. Fingers crossed things will start moving quickly for you in August hun

Sleepy Dumpling, I'm going to research your Mr Conway & see if he's still there so thank you. Treatment abroad isn't an option for me , but I'm really pleased you've had a positive experience & wish you all the luck in the world for your treatment x x

babydust to us all

Me & OH both 31
One gorgeous DD (from previous r/ship) born 11/04/97
TTC 2 years
Waiting (im)patiently for Consultant's appt on 3/8/10 after an 8 month wait
Me -LH 6, FSH 12, Day 2. Looks like I may be running low on eggies
OH - 77 mil count, 16% fast progressive, 24% slow ones, 3% normal forms, Head to head agglutination

PMA all the way

Reg: Apr 4th 2009

Thursday, July 1st 2010, 8:56am

Hi Flump, I don't know specifically about good endocrinologists for FSH levels but I'd agree that it's worth choosing your clinic carefully. HEFA recommend checking the live birth rates of clinics before deciding where you go. I didn't do this and though I found my clinic very professional and friendly I wish I had. The John Radcliffe in Oxford is supposed to be very good (also called the Oxford Fertility Unit). If you go private through them you get treated at the Nuffield. I went there for an initial appointment but decided to go somewhere local in the end. I believe that the Bridge Centre in London also has very good rates, but you can look this up on the HEFA site. Wishing you lots of luck! Cathy xxx
Cathy

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests