You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lillia" started this thread

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 9:40pm

Cyst outside ovary

Hi,

Advice needed!!

I went for my first appt and scan to start my 2nd cycle of icsi at my clinic, they found a 4.5 / 5cm cyst that looked like it was outside/coming off my ovary, they could see 2 follies within the ovary and said that was normal. They want to re scan me in a few weeks and said it may need to be removed. I am really worrying about this now, I know I would not be able to have laparoscopy as I had one to remove an ovary and it didn't work due to extensive abdominal adhesions so any surgery in that area would mean Laparotomy.

Can cysts outside an ovary just go on their own? it was very clear on the scan, a big very black blob! I have had lots of crampy pains but this is normal for me since my sx to remove an ovary.

Anyone had a cyst like this?
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 1:54pm

Hiya,

I had cysts outside the ovary, 5cm, 8cm and 10cm on 1 ovary. My cons left me a while to see if they would go down on their own. I know they can be drained so that may be a possibility for you chick. Mine were as a result of OHSS.

Did they not try to get rid of the adhesions? I had adhesions and had them removed whilst having the cystectomy.

My cons told me that he wasn't worried unless the cysts got to over 6cm (which they did).

Hopefully it will go down on its own honey.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Children: None-Hopefully one day!

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 2:59pm

Hi, just wanted to pop in and say that I have had a cyst on my left ovary for years, and has varied in size. I have had it drained twice before the IVF treatment however it just seems to refill. The hosp has said that aslong as I dont have any pain then it can remain there, they also said that I cant affect IVF treatment as it bypasses that area anyway.

I would just make sure he hosp are monitoring it and as long as you feel healthy.
Take care
Jen
1st IVF Cycle Sept 09 - BFN , 1st Natural FET Jan 10 - BFN, 2nd Natural FET June 10 - BFN
Dancing Queen's Very Own IVF Diary