You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 945 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 12:46pm

Ovulation Induction Injectibles - chat thread

Hi again...

Had scans on this round of Tamoxifen, to find my ovaries STILL WON'T WORK, so that's Clomid & Tamoxifen that don't work with me now :cross:

So... I questioned the doctor about having my Ovaries Drilled... She agree's with this as a next step, but also said, my next cycle will be injectibles...

Can any of you wonderful people explain what this entails, where I inject, how often, how long for etc?

I undertstand that injectibles are stronger than tablets, hence this is the next step ?(

I don't have regular periods... Never have in my lifetime, apart from when I was on a pill called Yasmin (for 12 months) . . And I have PCO . .

All my recent cycles have had to be induced with Provera :sadface:

Hope someone can advise me, so I know what to expect in the next fortnight [zx127]
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 3:17pm

Amy, I am also just about to start injectibles! So perhaps we can figure it out together? [zx127]

Did your doctor mention which drug you will be injecting and what sort of dose they will give you?

Today I am on my last day of taking provera and will then wait for a bleed before starting to inject 75 units of Gonal F every other day. The doctor I saw last said there's quite a lot of trial and error involved, so they might increase or reduce the dose as they go along depending on how I respond. He said that scans are EVEN more important with Gonal F than with Clomid as there's a strong chance of OHSS if it's not monitored properly. So I hope your clinic are offering you the same. My first scan will be on Day 10.

I have already collected the prescription and the injections do look a bit scary! But my sister, who had them a couple of years ago, said that it was a bit weird the first couple of occasions she took them but that she soon got used to it. The only read potential side effect is OHSS - there is none of the sweating and emotional upheaval of Clomid, thank goodness. :smile:

I am trying to get hold of my clinic to arrange an appointment with a nurse for them to show me how to use them. They are a bit rubbish at calling back (grrrr) but I'm hoping to see them in the next couple of days, so I shall report back after that...

I am very pleased you posted this and I hope that someone who's been through it all the way (hopefully with a success story!) can help us with some advice about what to expect...

Bee x
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 9:31pm

Our most recent success on Gonal F injections is, I think, Chris' (Fi's Mum) daughter.

I had to self inject the HcG trigger shot a couple of times when I was clomid and the thought of injecting yourself is definately worse that the reality!

It's be great if you could both keep us updated so we have some up to date experiences to share. Good luck to you both x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 8:55am

Thanks for your replies Bee & Bubble :happy:

I haven't got a date or the injectibles yet, because I'm on my final scans atm, for the Tamoxifen, which hasn't touched my ovaries once again X( But the doctor said my next cycle will be injections... So your about a month ahead atm Bee :P

It will be Gonal F... I messaged a member on here I noticed her siggy said BFP from Ovulation Induction Injectibles... And it all sounds the same... And she explained that the injection is put into something which fires itself into your skin, so you don't have to push it in... That's a relief :snigger:

I am excited and nervous to start this next journey now... And will need provera to induce me, as always haha, just like you Bee... Ooooo it's great we can go through this together, I'm much happier now :thumbsup:

Oh... And I will be having tracking scans... I have PCO, so they keep a close eye on me as it is... At this rate I may as well live there lmao

[zx127]
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 10:28am

Hiya chick!

I think Purple Luci had gonal F too!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests