You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Catherine21" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2008

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 2:38pm

Costings???

Hi just out of interest what sort of amounts have you spent on fertility treatment?

I am so worried that we will not be able to afford it if we start? Has anyone used a donor sperm online thing where you just insert it yourself (if you know what I mean...))

Catherine

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 9:19pm

Some can be a bit funny talking about costs but we spent 13,500.

Every tx varies and depends what you require and how long it takes.

No idea on donor sperm hope someone be a long to help with that soon.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, June 2nd 2010, 9:48pm

Hey

We spent a massive 20K! Although to be fair, half of that was one egg donor treatment out in Spain, the other 10K spanned four other courses of treatment. It just depends what you need and whether you get lucky quickly or not.

I don't know anything about buying sperm online, I would want to be very sure about where it came from before proceeding with anything like that too. As with everything in this game, make sure you research everything and your 100% happy with what you are doing.

xxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Sunday, June 6th 2010, 10:03pm

Hi Catherine,

There are lots of implications about buying sperm on line, and although this can make the overall cost less than going to a formal clinic for treatment, it is only likely to be successful in certain situations. And there are good and not so good sources of sperm and of agencies involved in this.

Self-inseminations with donor sperm is not so easy, and not being successful can be even more frustrating and upsetting than having gone to a clinic.

It is something that you have to think very carefully about, and take lots of advice and guidance.

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, June 7th 2010, 7:34am

some clinics offer donor sperm at very reasonable prices (£200 ish) for a vial, we paid £1,200 for 3 vials for our DIVF as the match for my DH was perfect, so we wanted to secure as much as we could in advance, to try a number of cycles and if the treatment works you have some left for future siblings.

the donors are tested for lots of illnesses and infections and they have to meet strict criteria, so plese consider using a HFEA registered clinic as they will offer you the best way to use donor sperm.

Good luck x