You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Caymansarah" started this thread

Reg: Jul 19th 2008

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 3:00pm

Feeling fed up

I have one beautiful boy who is 3 1/2.

In August 2007 we started trying again and have had:

Sept 2007: 1 with no heartbeat at 9 weeks - D&C

5 natural IUI - BFNs

2 drug assisted IUIs - 1 over stimulated and abandoned and the other 1 follicle - BFN

Jan 2009 - mc 5 weeks

Apr 2009 BFP....diagnosed severe oligohydramnios (no amniotic fluid). Baby had 0% chance of survival - induced and delivered Charlie at 22 weeks on September 15th- he never took a breath. His autopsy showed that due to a bad cell split he had no kidneys or bladder, had defective heart and lungs and some abnormal brain cells....he could never have survived.

6 months of trying since and no luck.

I have realised that I am 40 next year and time is running out. My heart breaks every time another child asks Owen whether he has a "Baby" at home or a brother or sister. I missed Charlie deeply on mother's day.

We are now considering IVF in Miami as our last ditched attempt - before I face the fact that we are a family of 3 and Owen will not have any siblings. I feel sad.
3 mcs at 5w,
Owen 6 weeks premie - my survivor
1 D&C at 9w,
Charlie born and lost at 22 weeks
April 2011 - IVF - ICSI - BFP due 6 Jan, 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Caymansarah" (May 25th 2010, 3:02pm)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 4:44pm

Hi Sarah, its good to see you here again.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby, Charlie. It must have been a very difficult time for you and your family, and it must hurt so badly still.

I understand how upsetting it can be when your child asks for a brother or a sister, or you see siblings playing etc, and you want to provide your child with that and you can't. We had IVF and were very lucky that it worked first time. DD2 is now 18 months old and I am still so grateful for her, every day.

Have you met with Consultants yet re. IVF? I hope it all goes well for you and that you find lots of support here on FZ.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Tuesday, May 25th 2010, 5:20pm

Oh Pootle - that is lovely that you had a result 1st time....I met with ivf consultant in Aberdeen - but I think we will try Miami because we only need to be away from home for 2 weeks instead of the 8-10 if I do it in Aberdeen. It is more pricey over here though - but it just isn't practical to be away for that long, especially with Owen in tow.

Seeing your siggie - funny because Owen was preemie as well - 34 weeks and 4lb11 - placental abruption.....so maybe I will follow your path.
3 mcs at 5w,
1 D&C at 9w,

Mummy#2

Reg: Apr 14th 2010

Children: DS aged nearly 6, my little star!

Monday, May 31st 2010, 9:45pm

Dear Sarah

I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I am in a similar one but my DS is nearly 6 and absolutely DESPERATE for a brother and a sister!!! If only life were that easy hey! I am 37 this year and am now being re-referred to a private clinic for IVF. Fingers cross it will happen for both of us this year!

Stay strong
Love & hugs
Mummy#2 xxx
MUMMY # 2

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 4:54pm

Thanks Mummy#2....we are in a similar position. It is funny because after we lost Charlie, Owen stopped asking for a sister or brother (although he had been pretty determined that he wanted a sister). I think he was very sensitive to the situation. But still I often hear other children asking him about whether he has a baby at home...or other people asking him if he has a brother or sister and I hate that it not only reminds me but also reminds him that he doesn't have one....I fear it will make him feel abnormal for not having a sibling.

I have the list of tests that we need to do ahead of the ivf and it is around $2000 worth...before we even get started - ouch. Anyway we have pretty much decided that we will go for it when I get back from UK in September. I just hope the insurance company doesn't figure out what I am doing or they won't cover the costs of the resulting pregnancy ...ugh - I hate health insurance - you are so lucky to have NHS (I never thought I would hear myself say that!)

Anyway good luck to you as well - maybe this will be our year. Are you unexplained fertility as well?
3 mcs at 5w,
1 D&C at 9w,

Ginger74

Superstar

Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 6:25pm

very sorry Sarah you had to go thro all that and of course so sorry to hear about Charlie. I do understand how you feel as I would REALLY like second one, sending you massive hug and wishing you all the luck in the world for your IVF! Let's pray all this money will bring you a lovely baby and sibling for Owen! Good luck and babydust

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

Mummy#2

Reg: Apr 14th 2010

Children: DS aged nearly 6, my little star!

Thursday, June 17th 2010, 8:31pm

Hi Sarah

Yes I am unexplained infertility. I am also mighty frustrated today. Rang NHS consultant four weeks ago to get him to write me a re-referral to private clinic. Been on hols, come back no letter emailed private clinic to be told that they haven't received a letter. I am 37 next month and really wanted to try and start my IVF (now I have saved all but £200 which I will beg or borrow from someone) asap.
Keep trying, I had mc at 7.5wks in August 07 and I can't give up until I have tried IVF at least once....

Stay strong, hopefully this will be our year for a BFP
Mummy#2 xxx
MUMMY # 2