You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tsokkos

• "tsokkos" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2010

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 11:18am

more funding after first successful IVF?

Hi

Can anyone advise if the NHS provide further funding after the first IVF cycle is successful? our situation is that the FET from our first cycle (fresh transfer failed last august) has been successful and my partner is 9 weeks pregnant. we're still crossing our fingers that everything will go well, and hopefully it will. The question really is, if it does go well and we then wanted a second child, would a second IVF course be funded by the NHS? The general statement from our local NHS authority is that they fund 2 IVF treatments, with the FET being classed as part of the first. But im unsure that a second course would be funded if the first goes well.

Any advice really appreciated. Thanks. :O)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 11:42am

Morning! Congrats on your pregnancy!

The general rule is once you have a child, then you won't get any funding. However, it does vary from PCT to PCT so its worth ringing to check!

Good luck!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

tsokkos

• "tsokkos" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2010

Saturday, May 15th 2010, 11:42pm

Hi

Thanks for the quick response. :O)

Looks like i'll have to start saving again then ! i have been saving anyway based on the worst-case scenario that the first or second was not going to be successful - so based on your response that money cant go on a new car now :O) !

BTW - great site, i have been referencing it (lurking) for over a year without actually ever registering and the information is fantastic. thanks.

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 12:36pm

Glad you like the site! Have you seen our pregnancy section? You should jump straight into the first tri chat thread where there's loads of people at the same stage!

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…oard&boardID=10

Do you have any frosties left? If you do, you might find that you that it would still count as part of the same '1st' cycle and therefore be funded? Definitely worth asking. Also, if you have some frosties, and you have to self fund, then the process won't be as expensive as a full fresh cycle, so you might find that a new car isn't totally off limits!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE