You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lollygirl" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Monday, May 10th 2010, 8:08pm

Paying for ultrasounds with clomid

Hi

I hope someone can offer advice.

I'm currently ttc again and all my tests have some back normal so far (just have a Hycosy left to do) and DP has borderline/less than ideal sperm.

We went through our GP and subsequently had a consultant appointment recently (privately funded, apparently we aren't entitled to a consultant appointment on NHS - only the initial 'chat' and basic tests are covered) As a 'last resort' (my words not theirs!) before treatment we have been advised to try 3 cycles of clomid and today i've received a letter stating that i need to pay for the ultrasound scans during clomid. Looking at the unit's website it's £120 per scan!

Feeling a bit annoyed now that i wasn't told that at the appointment and neither was the private prescription charge for the clomid mentioned, which i paid. And i ov on my own :huh:

Money's not a major issue (within reason!) and i am happy to try everything before starting treatment but i was under the illusion that just specific treatments like IUI or IVF were chargeable for secondary IF ?(

I tried calling the unit for confirmation but they just sadi 'that's how it is now' and i felt like a tightwad for asking!

any thoughts appreciated
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Monday, May 10th 2010, 10:48pm

HI Lollygirl, welcome to FZ!!!!

I had a go at clomid when TTC no2. We also had to pay for private scripts and scans, we got diddly squat help as we already had DD1. Having said that, when I was having IVF my lovely GP managed to prescribe some of the drugs for me!

We have a fab clomid section on FZ where you'll find lots of ladies going through the same stuff as you, and where you can find most of the answers to all your questions. Here's a link:

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…oard&boardID=62

Wishing you lots of luck.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE