You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

CJC2633

• "CJC2633" started this thread

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 11:55am

Help and advice required - Male infertility

Hello

I am 26 and my partner is 33

He was confirmed a few years ago as sterille and resigned himself to not becoming a father.

Recently we have become curious to the possiblities and opportunities that are out there and we are here for some advice, information and general help.

I have read on the Bridges of London Clinic website about Male Factor optimisation and these has given us something to work from. Although i have searched the Aberdeen Clinic's website and cannot find this treatment as a local option.

We are only just starting out,so any advice would be appreciated.

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 12:03pm

Hi
Welcome to FZ, you will find lots of info, advice and support on here.

There are many members who have male factor issues, please have a read of the male factor threads, here: Male Factor Threads

Were you given a resaon for the male infertility? what tests have you had? Have they done hormone blood tests and semen analysis as well as a surgical sperm extraction? There are many reasons for male factor issues and many treatments, there are options such as a TESE / PESA to extract sperm for use in ICSI treatment, there are hormone injections, MERC tests and much more plus the option of using donor sperm.

Please have a read of the threads on here, feel free to ask any questions and pop into the male factor section for a chat

Good Luck x

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 12:08pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a male factor section HERE there is loads of information here, plus there are others there that know what you're going through.

There is a Male Factor FAQ section HERE which give loads of information about male fertility, tests and helpful tips too.

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions HERE where you can ask for advice.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a sparkly name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 12:10pm

There is a male factor section HERE there is loads of information here, plus there are others there that know what you're going through.

There is a male factor chatter thread HERE.

There is a Male Factor FAQ section HERE which give loads of information about male fertility, tests and helpful tips too.

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions HERE where you can ask for advice.

There is a rough guide to surgical sperm retrieval HERE this will give you an idea of what this procedure involves.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Polly Pocket" (May 3rd 2010, 12:21pm)

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, May 3rd 2010, 12:13pm

Hi me again! Oopps - sorry I made a mess of that! :O I was trying to be hi-tech and include the links for you, luckily Polly made it there first and did a much better job :happy:

as you can see we try our best to be very helpful and friendly on here! :D

hope you find the links useful x

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE