You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "kayleigh" started this thread

Reg: Aug 3rd 2009

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 8:04pm

Too young for waiting list???

I am currently 22 and have already had one private cycle of IVF.

Our pct will only fund ivf once im 23. But.. My question is, Is it likely they will put me on the waiting list before i am 23?
TTC since 05. 2 mc, 1 nat 1 IVF. Diagnosed with APS.IVF apr 11 :BFP: Fletcher was born xmas day '11!

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Thursday, April 29th 2010, 8:08pm

I believe I was 22 when I first set out for investigations at fertility clinc. They put me on the waiting list and I think I still had 6 months til I turned 23 as its the same here 23 for funding. I guess it depends on who you see but as long as you are 23 when funding is sent for I see no problem

Sun Flower

Superstar

Sunday, May 2nd 2010, 11:51am

I think it is worth asking the question, as it could save you a few months if they can put you on the list, but to be honest all of the GP / PCT's are different and have different criteria etc... so you will need to get a copy of their criteria, which you can request by post.

I know they are mean where I live here, and they would make you wait until you are 23 before even reffering you for the list, but thats just my PCT - others are different and as I am 29 I have not had this battle (but I have had others with the PCT regarding funding) so I know how it feels to be told no, it is very frustrating and upsetting. So my advice would be to arm yourself with lots of info, do your research and approach then, if they still say no you do have the right to appeal against their decision

good luck x

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Wednesday, May 5th 2010, 11:41am

Hey hun,my friend went on the nhs waiting list at 22 after she found out her partner had low [zx151] count,by the time she got to the top she was 23,nearly 24 so i don't see why they won't put you on it.

Give you're GP or clinic a call and double check,wish you :goodluck: and lots of babydust hun.

:heart: mistykins

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE