You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BeeS

Ace

• "BeeS" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 5:07pm

Ovarian drilling or injectibles??

Hello all

I have PCO and am Clomid resistant. We have an appointment with our cons tomorrow and will need to make the decision between ovarian drilling or injectibles.

I am tempted by the 'mechanical' option of the op, over and above pumping my body with more drugs. But I understand from web searches that the risks of scarring from the op can be permanent, whereas with injectibles, the risks (i.e. OHSS) are only short term and can be monitored. For that reason we're inclined to try the injections first, even though they cost £300 per cycle (we're supposedly NHS-funded...).

I was basically wondering if there's anyone who has tried either / both of these? I'm really hoping for some success after the misery of not responding to Clomid!

Thanks lasses :thanx:
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, April 27th 2010, 7:06pm

Hiya!

I didn't respond to clomid once.

I had drilling and I got my BFP the month after. The op is just like any other lap. Doesn't hurt anymore than a normal one either. They put about 3 or 4 small holes in the ovary using (usually) a laser.

I've had OHSS and its not necessarily short term. I was off work from April till June. I had to have a lap to remove a load of cysts which had grown (one to over 10cm) had to be monitored lots, regular blood tests done to see what was going on. It is really really not nice. And I only had it 'mild'!!

There is another lady on here who had injectibles and has got her BFP.

The thing is its up to you and how you think you will respond and how you feel about everything.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Reg: Apr 7th 2009

Children: DD 11 and DS 6

Friday, April 30th 2010, 1:25pm

I had a lap and dye with drilling as my first treatment back in sept 2000.I was preg by march 2001. My DD was born Nov 2001

Good luck xx

BeeS

Ace

• "BeeS" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 3:42pm

Thanks so much for your replies, Maliah and Flic. I'm sorry not to have thanked you sooner. Having found things very hard last month I wasn't on FZ so much.

We ending up trying one more month on Clomid 150mg with the addition of Metformin. But there was still no response so it's definitely time to move on!

We are going to try Gonal F injections first and if no luck on that, we'll go for the drilling.

It's encouraging to hear positive stories which don't only result from Clomid. So thanks!

xx
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 4:18pm

Good luck on the gonal F chick!!

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!