You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dramaqueen" started this thread

Reg: Feb 26th 2009

Children: Hartlepool

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 3:49pm

Should I start or not? Is this a real period?

Hey Everyone

Not been on here for a while! But have a query! Been waiting what seems like forever for 3rd go of IVF. 1st go was successful but had m/c at 7 weeks. 2nd go didn't get enough eggs to go ahead and has been cancelled twice in mean time as bank holidays and clinic too busy! Am on NHS - have this go and 1 more if not successful.

I was put on the pill to control when my period came and told to put two pill packets together which I did.So that egg collection would not be on next weeks bank holiday. Due to stop taking pill on Thursday. I started a very light brown bleeding last Sat. Sorry if too much info. This continued and called doc on tue as got heavier. They told me to continue to take pill til Thursday and call if changes. Was a breakthrough bleed and not period.

Things changed on Wed as was much redder and heavier but not full blown period. Called again and after waiting eventually for a call. The receptionist told me I was booked to go for a scan on Friday. Call back was on Thurs eve when doc had left! I was not told to stop taking pill so continued thurs eve as was last one and bleeding went back to being brown. After having scan and bloods done yesterday(fri) said to start taking drugs as was on day 3 of cycle. When I explained about returning to being brown the nurse called the doctor and said to not take the drugs and wait to see if I get a period over the weekend and then start the drugs. I am on the short protocol - menopur.

I did start to have red period last night and red this morning but much lighter than my normal period and have slowed right down again with bit of browish burgandy tinge to it as well. I haven't taken drugs and the clinic is shut. Just wondering if this is my period and to take drugs tomorrow or this still breakthrough bleed? Is it lighter than normal as I have been beleding on and off all week? My normal period is 3 days and relatively heavy.

Clinic said to call on Monday and let them know what I have done. Help! Anyone else had this? Cheers ladies I know you all sooo helpful. Sorry this post so long and bit tmi!!!! K ?o(
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
2 ectopics both tubes removed
1st cycle IVF, 2 blasto 9.3.09
:BFP: but ended in m/c :sadface:
me 34 DP 41
IVF May 2010 and got :BFP:
2 babies all healthy so far and both boys! :D
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 7:57pm

Sorry i cant help you hun, but i hope you get it sorted and can start tomorrow.
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Sunday, April 25th 2010, 9:30pm

Cheers. Totally stopped now! Hope I get a real period now. Keep your fingers crossed. xfingers xfingers xfingers
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
me 34 DP 41
SPD for me :bawl: Next scan 7th Jan xfingers for a decision to encourage babies to arrive!

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, April 26th 2010, 1:36pm

:goodluck: hun. I know how frustrating it is for a normal cycle to be b*ggered up by drugs etc and not be what we usually expect! Hope that you get your real AF soon.

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Monday, April 26th 2010, 7:53pm

Hey

Thanks for your good wishes. Panic is over! Period began last night for real and I started injections today. Am excited and nervous. Watch this space. Can't believe time is really here. Let's hope it works.

K xfingers
DRAMA QUEEN
1 m/c
me 34 DP 41

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE