You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 41 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Monday, April 19th 2010, 5:41pm

We have a glimmer of hope!!! For all you Male Factors out there who feel there is nothing else to try please read!!

Hi

I just wanted to post on this thread to offer some hope to MF!

After TTC for 5 years and DH being diagnosed with Non obtrusive azoo, he finally had a TESE done last November, in which nothing was found. We were devastated but tried to come to terms with it and decided to move on to DS! In february my SIL told us she was pregnant and this just sparked my need to carry on trying to somehow have DH's biological baby!

We went to private clinic for a second opinion and they advised that doing another TESE was not a good idea, as it would not be good for DH's wellbeing and would drastically reduce his testosterone and further damage his tissues! Just as we were about to leave the consultanat said, there is one last thing we could try!! He suggested we do a MERC test, and that this would consist of DH going into the clinic to produce 3 samples, each two hours apart!!!! They would spin down the samples and if any sperm were found they would freeze them all togethor at the end!!

We didn't hold much hope, as the NHS had never seen ANY sperm in any of his samples, but we wanted to rule it out so that we knew we had done everything possible before moving on to DS! MIL very kindly offered to pay for this for us so we could get it done asap!

So...off we went yesterday, really, really believeing there would be nothing there, so we didnt even feel nervous for the result, as we really believed that if there was nothing there in the TESE then there couldn't possibly be anyhting there in a sample! Poor DH was fine with the first sample, struggled slightly with the second, but managed it, then really struggled with the third, but did manage to produce a very very small sample! We went off in between samples for walks and to get some lunch etc, then after the last one we waited for the uroligist to come and tell us the results!

They asked us into a room and told us that they had found 1 in each sample!!!! We just could not believe our ears!! (we had 3 spermies) Me and DH were grinning from ear to ear like chesire cats! It is something we thought we would NEVER hear and in 5 years it is the first glimmer of hope we have ever had!!!! They said that the first two are healthy, motile sperm and third one was slightly abnormal, but could still be used in ICSI!! He explained the ICSI process to us and we had to sign consent forms for the spermies to be frozen!

He suggested that we go back another couple of times to try and bank up a few more! I asked him about the cost and if it would be the full £545 each time or if we would just pay for the MERC each time and the cost of freezing would come under what we have already paid as we already have some frozen! He went of to speak to the MD and came back to tell us that we could go back twice more included in the cost of what we had already paid!!!!!!!! We just could not believe our luck!!!!

We have had the most amazing weekend, DH says he feels like a different person just knowing he has a few little spermies in there and at the prospect that there is a chance he can father his children. We know that we have a very long way to go and lots of hurdles to get over, but this is the first bit of hope we have ever had! This could all be taken away from us so fast if the sperm dont thaw, etc, but we now have a PMA and will not give up!!!

Many people are happy to move on to DS and if that is right for them, then that is fantastic!! If this doesn't work out for us then that is the route we will finally take! But for those of you that are not ready to move on to DS yet, don't give up hope, there are many things they can do ! I never thought i would be able to post anything like this!!!!

Good luck and to you all!!!

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Monday, April 19th 2010, 7:54pm

Hi Gemma

What positive news for you!

Can I ask what clinic you went to? My friend has a DD concieved miraculously naturally but when TTc the 2nd they found her DH has no sperm. I want to tell her your story to see if it will help them.

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

• "gemma" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 5:12pm

Hi

Thanks, yes it is THE BEST news for us!! We still can't stop smiling!!
It was at CARE Manchester xxxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

Reg: Oct 29th 2009

Children: 1DD aged 13 1DS aged 2

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 5:17pm

WOW!!! Gemma thats fab news lots of luck they find some more swimmers x
Me PCOS
DH Low count
TTC 7 Years
ICSI Sept :BFP: Miscarriage @ 8 weeks :bawl:
ICSI May/June Single ET :BFP:
FET June/July 13 ???

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, April 20th 2010, 8:18pm

Hi Gemma
you know how happy I am for you hunni, its the best news you and your DH could ever have hoped for : D

Thanks for the PM and the info.......stay in touch and LOTS OF LUCK xxxxxxxx

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 41 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE