You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sammy1" started this thread

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: Yes please

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 11:55am

Can anyone help, advice on Immunology and Array CGH

Ladies, you may have heard that I've had 3 IVFs with Donor Sperm and every time I bleed 3-4 days ahead of my test date. I normally have a 30 regular cycle which includes some spotting since I got a bit older. I am in a state of confusion as to my next direction. My UK clinic suggests I may have an egg quality issue and therefore Array CGH is my next stop (btw, they don't support immunology). I've got a second opinion who thinks I am not at that stage yet. My stimms could be controlled in a different way to prevent the treatment potentially damaging eggs (I have a bit of up and down and up with the drugs, and my E2 is very up and down as a result). Also, the early bleed may be indicative of immunology issues.

On my last treatment I took 20mg prednisalone, 40mg clexane and crinone. I am changing hopefully to gestone this time.

I have had the chromosome test and chicago and am waiting for the results. My AMH is 13.5 ish. I thought I would be too cool for cats, but it's getting to me. The not knowing!

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar experience and achieved a pregnancy? What treatment did you need?

I really would appreciate hearing your experiences. Big hugs, Sam x ?(

3 IUI and 5 IVF :BFN:
What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1
On Metformin & Immune Cycle

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 12:09pm

hi hon you are a bit further ahead than me as I have not had my tests yet.

Could you change to a clinic that does support immunology. I am going to Care nottingham for my next cycle. If you have a look at my diary there is quite a lot of information on there.

You may need intralipids or Humira or something else?x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 12:14pm

The thing is, one clinic supports immunology and not array cgh and the other is the opposite. I am mostly likely to go Immunology route depending on tests, but I'm really feeling stuck at the moment. What if I am discounting Array CGH and that's my answers. I'm just a crazy windbag at the moment. I have read your diary, and boy you do your research (as does Bunty)..... thanks for your advice, Sam x

What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 1:30pm

care Nottingham does both and I think the ARGC will do both too.

Where do you live? is nottingham an option? x

I will tell you a secret - Bunty sent me that stuff! I think its because we both do the same job that we are research addicts, we are very similar. :happy:
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 1:37pm

Hi Sammy,

for me it would depend on what your cycle outcomes were in terms of embies etc.
If you're producing good numbers of quality embies each time then egg quality seems less likely to be an issue.
Also as you say bleeding early with every cycle can indicate immune issues.

I'd see what your Chicago tests say, if there is an obvious issue on those then I would stick with the immune stuff for now, if nothing or if just a borderline issue then maybe look at Array CGH as you've already had prednisolone etc.

Did your previous clinic check your progesterone levels while on crinone because bleeding early could also be related to poor absorption of the progesterone so not reaching sufficient levels. I'm guessing if they're considering gestone next time they're covering that one.

We had similar concerns to you but went down the immune route as I figured that my eggs couldn't be that bad. I got 11 embies first cycle and had 3 frosties and got 2 BFPs out of that lot. Hence looking at immune stuff. This time round I had 13 embies of which 10 made it to blast and 5 were frozen so again I don't think they can be that bad. I guess if FET doesn't work we'll look again at egg quality and decide what to do.

Best of luck honey.

Xxx

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 4:00pm

Wow, your quality is great. I've produced between 6 and 14 mature eggs each time. I only ever end up with two embies at the approapriate cell number. Always graded well (but obviously that's without a chromo check). I was only asked to test progesterone on transfer day, but might need more than this. The Gestone is owing to potential absorption of progesterone issues. The steroid was because whilst they don't seem to support immunology owing to lack of proof, they thought is was worth a shot. I've always used the same stimm drug, with some issues towards end of my E2 dropping. I've never had any blastos. My AMH is ok (not good tho).

Issue for me is that I was living in the UK hence treatment at Bridge, but I have recently moved to Ireland, hence SIMs. You can't get PGD in Ireland, but I would still come to the UK if this was the right treatment. I guess I need to wait for the Chicagos. That will probably tell me one way or the other. I just want to make the right decision! I'm impatient!

Thanks for responding BG and Ruthie! x

What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 4:52pm

I know SIMS monitor really closely cos Dee goes there and I think with me that's why I had better results last time. I'm 18 months older but got more eggs and better quality embies and SIMS and ARGC are v similar in terms of monitoring.

Xx

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 5:27pm

Thanks for the positive note Ruthie! x

What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1

FERTILITYZONE