You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flic

• "Flic" started this thread
  • Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, April 12th 2010, 1:59pm

How much should baby be feeding?

Hiya,

Quick question...

O is 6 weeks and 4 days!! How much should she be feeding and how often? And when do they have growth spurts?

She's currently on about 6oz every 3 - 4, 4 - 5 hours. She usually falls asleep after that. She doens't take the full bottle usually. Yesterday she took the full bottle and then a couple more oz!!

During the night she has a feed at about 10, then about 3, tops up sometimes at about 6.30 with about 3oz, then sleeps till about 9.30 when she has a 6oz.

Is this about right??

She's putting loads of weight on. On friday she was 9lb 12oz from 8lb 3oz 2 weeks ago! She's now almost on the 50th centile from being below the 25th!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, April 12th 2010, 2:25pm

Hi Flic

My DD is breastfed so I have no idea how many ounces she has/had but around 6 weeks is a common time for a growth spurt so that could well be what's happening now.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, April 12th 2010, 3:00pm

Flic, as a rough guide look at the back of the formula carton and that will give you an idea of how much she should be getting in 24 hours. Bear in mind that its in the formula manufacturers interests that she has more so if she doesn't take the full amount they recommend but seems satisfied and is weeing, pooing, gaining enough weight and developing normally then she is getting enough. Also if you are giving different amounts at different times (which I am a big fan of as she won't always want the same amount and it mimicks breastfeeding) look at the total amount she is having in 24 hours rather than how much in each bottle. She will also have days when she is hungrier/less hungry/thirty like we do so you may find it varies from day to day.

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, April 12th 2010, 3:18pm

Thanks for that!

Mrs J - I think I'm gonna have to make a note of exactly what she takes because she does take different amounts at different times. I've been thinking about trying to get into a routine but I figured that if she's happy then I'll let her decide what she wants to do.

She had her last full 6oz feed at about 9.30 today and then was awake until we went out at about 11 and then fell asleep and has been asleep since!! I think when she wakes up she's gonna guzzle loads!!

The tin says she shoud be on between 4 and 5 oz every 4 - 5 hours! So she's having just a bit more than that. I think the fact she's trying to 'catch up' is another reason she's feeding so much.

She has thrush in her mouth too and thats not even bothering her!!

Reg: Jan 31st 2009

Monday, April 26th 2010, 7:11pm

Hiya Flic

I really wouldnt worry too much our LO was always way above what he should have been having and has always been in the top 10th quartile! however the last couple of weeks he has been messing with his food and reduced his oz again, however he has had a cold so perhaps thats why. He is now building up oz again and every day can be different sometime he wants food every 3 hours sometimes 4 hours and sometimes he wants top ups in between? he also does not always have the same oz each feed. I usually get a bottle ready after 3 hours from his last feed unless he wants one before and then if he has not asked for it after 4 hours I try him anyway and he usually takes some or all of it. They will let you know when they need food and will take what they need. I have been madly worried for the last 2 weeks and have just started to accept he eats when HE wants and how much HE wants, they are not machines and dont always eat as and when they are expected to. I do try and keep to a routine but I accept its ok to go off the routine if he needs more. xx

BFP 19/02/09
8 week scan no heartbeat m/c wc 23.03.09

1 beautiful baby5 in heaven never to be forgotton xxx

Natural :BFP: 13/06 cannot believe it, one day at a time now... please, please stay little one x

Our Prince arrived 13/02 8lb and 6oz our family is now complete, thank you god for our miricle xx

Flic

• Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, April 26th 2010, 7:17pm

Thanks Kel,

She does eat whenever she wants and however much she wants!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE