You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "devchick" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 11:55am

3 ICSI BFN & 1 FET BFN. What should I now do?

Hi

We've been ttc for nearly 6 years. We've had pretty good results during treatment. Each time we've had strong embyros implanted so I feel really fortunate. The issue appears to be implantation. In all the years of ttc I've never gad a BFP.

We are lucky to live in an area of 3 NHS goes so all our existing treatment has been done at Bourn. They are really nice there but my dh & I are disappointed that after each BFN we just got told bad luck and try again. They never changed any meds even when I asked. I found it quite frustrating. I appreciate this makes sense for a couple of cycles but now want some answers!

We are looking to go down to one of the clinics in London. The thing I don't want is to go to a clinic that only does the same as Bourn. I'm not too sure where I should go. ARGC looks like the most popular clinic but it's so expensive. Am I right to be looking at clinics offering immunuology treatment for further investigation given my history? I'm now 35 and don't want to waste time (or money!)

I'm tempted to jump on board and go straight to ARGC but dh is rightly asking questions about why are they so much more expensive than other clinics.

Has anyone got advise on what they looked into when changing clinics?

Your help will be much appreciated!!!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

Reg: Oct 15th 2009

Monday, April 12th 2010, 3:27pm

Hi devchick,

I haven't really got any advise apart from the fact that I'm at the same crossroads as you and have also thought that now maybe we should change clinics. I'm looking into CARE at Nottingham as have heard good things about them. I asked friends of friends of friends if you know what I mean! The other month back after our 2nd BFN my sister in laws friend of a friend called me up and had been with her clinic and got 2 bfn and then a bfp with CARE. So that's how I heard about them and also checking out them online compared to others.

I would think you are right to be looking at clinics offering immunuology treatment for further investigations as surely it can do no harm and you at least feel that you are doing something differently this time.

Is ARGC nearby? I haven't really looked into them? ?(

Hope 2010 is the year for us!

CG xx
:pony:

ICSI#1 July 09 ICSI BFN
ICSI#2 Nov 09 ICSI BFN
FET March 10 BFN
Lap and tube removal July 10
ICSI#3 March 11 xfingers

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, April 12th 2010, 3:32pm

hi there you are exactly the same as me! I have had 3 IVFs and 1 FET.

I am also looking at immunology testing and am going to have full set of chicago tests done I think.

I am going to use Care Sheffield (Care Nottingham do all this too).

Also look at the immunology part of this board for some help tooxx
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: One step daughter

Monday, April 12th 2010, 4:12pm

Hi Devchick,
I'm in the same boat as you to. After 6 good quality embryos and no implantation, 'bad luck' just doesnt cut it does it!
Anyways, I booked myself in for a hysteroscopy on the NHs which I had a couple of weeks ago. It showed up some endo which could explain why implantation hasnt occurred.
I have my follow up tomorrow so will find out the full extent then. I have conceived before otherwise I would be looking at immunolgy to, unless immunology issues are something that can
develop over the years!!
Anyway, just wanted to share.
Good luck with everything, I hope you get some answers xxx

First ICSI April 08 - 9 eggs, zero fertilisation :bawl:
2nd ICSI Sept 08 - 10 eggs, 100 % fertilisation ?( - BFN tho
Natural FET January 30th - BFN
NK Cells Test 22nd April - Result - Normal.
ICSI 3 - November - BFN

• "devchick" started this thread

Reg: Apr 12th 2008

Monday, April 12th 2010, 10:17pm

Thanks everyone. It really helps to have your support. It's not something we can discuss with friends and family...

Going to investigate which clinics offer immunology. I live near Cambridge so London is easier than Nottingham. Fingers crossed the tests will help identify what's going on rather than being told bad luck try again!

Thanks again and good luck to you too!
6 cycles all BFN.
One last immune cycle - July 2011
06/12 - :girl:

Baby Isobel arrived on 16/04. Life is complete :hugs:

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Friday, April 16th 2010, 1:21pm

Mel I have been checking this all out as I discovered I had endo in Jan 2010 and what I have learnt is that if you have endo then there is a high chance you will have immunology problems even after the endo has been removed and these will prevent implantation and cause miscarriage.

I am getting the level 2 chicago test and I think you sound like someone who could do with them too.

Have a look at my diary. x

Also immunology can develop over the years so please dont rule it out plus the endo could be the cause of the immunology and frequently is and if you have only had endo after your first conception this could be why you are having problems now.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BraveGirl" (Apr 16th 2010, 1:23pm)