You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 6:38pm

Absence of vas deferens?

Hi, am brand new to site, have left an intro on the newbie section, but just wondered if this affects anyone else on this site? Husband has had all the tests now including CF gene tests. He's a carrier, I'm not (phew!), so going ahead with IVF. There's precious little on the internet, and before we see consultant again it would be good to speak to anyone who's already gone through the sperm extraction stage?
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Leni

Ace

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: One fluffy one

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 1:10pm

:hi: Hi Net Welcome!!

Such a relief isn't it to hear you're not a carrier also, makes things so much easier at this rough time. My DH is CF gene carrier I believe he has his vas deferens but CF gene causes a blockage with him. Well good news my DH had biopsy TESE a couple of weeks ago and we found loooooooooooooottttts of quality sperm!! We were brought back last week to be put on the ICSI list (ICSI rather than ivf is used in this process) If you have any questions just ask and I and the other girls/boys will be sure to answer [zx042]
Azoo SA in April 2009 confirmed with second SA in May 2009
DH Biopsy 25 March 2010 - Sperm found!! Cystic Fibrosis carrier - Origins EC 4 Aug 2 Embies - failed cycle ;(
RFC April 2011 xfingers

My Diary

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 10:30am

Hi Leni,

thanks for your reply, that's great news about your DH! I guess that's what my DH will go through. He's very nervous about it all. How invasive is the biopsy? I'm guessing from your post and a few others I have read now that's we'll go through ICSI as well, unless they can extract sperm any other way....lots of questions for the urologist!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Leni

Ace

Reg: Apr 2nd 2009

Children: One fluffy one

Friday, April 23rd 2010, 11:11pm

Hi Net, it really wasn't bad at all (easy for me to say!) It was a long needle into one area took about 5 mins and then I was called in to wait with DH in recovery , he had to hold the area for half an hour but a day or two after he didn't have any tell tale signs of any op. Wishing you all the best for your journey and any questions just mail me and i will do my best to help :smile:
Azoo SA in April 2009 confirmed with second SA in May 2009
DH Biopsy 25 March 2010 - Sperm found!! Cystic Fibrosis carrier - Origins EC 4 Aug 2 Embies - failed cycle ;(
RFC April 2011 xfingers

My Diary

Sun Flower

Superstar

Saturday, April 24th 2010, 9:09am

Hi Net
welcome to FZ and to the male factor section, there are many ladies on here who have supported their husbands and partners through the SSR / TESE / PESA extraction procedures and some with amazing results.

My DH had a SSR (Surgical Sperm Extraction) which sadly was unsuccessful, he was sedated and in theatre for approx. 30 minutes which I think is an average time, it all depends what they find. Most men have a few days rest and some pain killers and then they are perfectly fine, although avoiding sports and heavy lifting for a few days after in advised. The clinic will give you a care sheet which should give details of things to look out for and signs of infection which mean you would need to visit your GP, but these kind of complications are rare.

Has your DH had blood tests to check for hormone levels, these can be useful before the procedure to give the clinic a rough idea of sperm production, might be worth asking at your next appt.

wishing you the very best of luck x

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE