You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 52 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lols83

• "lols83" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 7:22pm

Advice on PCOS

Hi i have had my PCOS since i was 16 and now im 27 after having 8 yrs of struggle TTC i would like to here if anyone on here has had a healthy pregnancy with PCOS? also what is the longest time you have gone without your period? my longest to date is 70 days, at the mo on day 45 so seems like another long cycle again.for the last 2 yrs my cycle has not gone over 40 days so just a little worried now that it has seemed to take a back slide and go abit irratic again.

Any Help will be appriciated.

Louise

TTC 9 yrs
PCOS
DF borderline low Sperm Count
1 Failed IVF Cycle
Metformin 1500mg 6months +

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 12:14am

Hi
I got diagnosed with pco last month but have probably always had it as periods have been bit irratic just thought it was me, but did fall pregnant in 2005 and had normal pregnancy and gave birth in the august to my son. Unfortunatly i also had a misscarraige in april last year but have been told its unlikely that this was down pco just one of those things. As far as periods go it is actually 8 months today since i last come on!! They just stopped with no sign of returning!! After 4 months of not coming on i went to the docs and had bloods which showed elevated LH and low progesterone i then went for scan which confirmed PCO, I am waiting for DH SA to come back-should get results today xfingers then if o.k will start on clomid.

There are many girls on here that can give you more info on this as i am still in the dark really

Good luck to you
x x

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

Reg: Sep 14th 2009

Children: Fingers crossed one day...

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 12:45pm

Hello
I am 26 and I have also been diagnosed with PCOS.
My periods have always been very up and down, sometimes i can go 6 months with no period and then I can be quite regular for a few months.. you just never know lol!!
I currently take metformin 3 x 500mg daily.
I have been pregnant 4 times. 3 were conceived naturally and One by a clomid cycle... Sadly 1 pregnancy was ectopic, and the other 3 resulted in miscarriages. Sorry to be sharing not so happy information.... I have had alot of investigations, tubes, chromosone testing, thrombophelia testing, etc and the conclusion is that : I have been very unlucky and the PCOS is a contributing factor....
I started IVF treatment last year, all embryo's were frozen as I was at high risk of OHSS. FET - Last week! Now on the 2ww.

Good Luck on your journeys. :xxx3:
Twink80

TTC for 7yrs. 3 misc & 1 ectopic pregnancy.
Diagnosed with Polycystic Ovaries 2004. DP [zx151] fine.
1st IVF Dec 2009 - FAE * FET March 2010 - BFN :tear:
2nd IVF Sept 2010 - FAE * FET Jan 2011 - :BFP:

lols83

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 1:37pm

Hi
I got diagnosed with pco last month but have probably always had it as periods have been bit irratic just thought it was me, but did fall pregnant in 2005 and had normal pregnancy and gave birth in the august to my son. Unfortunatly i also had a misscarraige in april last year but have been told its unlikely that this was down pco just one of those things. As far as periods go it is actually 8 months today since i last come on!! They just stopped with no sign of returning!! After 4 months of not coming on i went to the docs and had bloods which showed elevated LH and low progesterone i then went for scan which confirmed PCO, I am waiting for DH SA to come back-should get results today xfingers then if o.k will start on clomid.

There are many girls on here that can give you more info on this as i am still in the dark really

Good luck to you
x x

Hi thanks for your reply i hope you got your results today and they were good news did you start your clomid?

I have not had any pregnancies just late periods and still not had mine!!! I assume as you have already had a pregnancy your DH sperm will be fine and im sure you will concieve again. I am still waiting to for my Clomid and Metformin to start but hope to have some good news to put on here soon.

TTC 9 yrs
PCOS
1 Failed IVF Cycle

lols83

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 1:41pm

Hello
I am 26 and I have also been diagnosed with PCOS.
My periods have always been very up and down, sometimes i can go 6 months with no period and then I can be quite regular for a few months.. you just never know lol!!
I currently take metformin 3 x 500mg daily.
I have been pregnant 4 times. 3 were conceived naturally and One by a clomid cycle... Sadly 1 pregnancy was ectopic, and the other 3 resulted in miscarriages. Sorry to be sharing not so happy information.... I have had alot of investigations, tubes, chromosone testing, thrombophelia testing, etc and the conclusion is that : I have been very unlucky and the PCOS is a contributing factor....
I started IVF treatment last year, all embryo's were frozen as I was at high risk of OHSS. FET - Last week! Now on the 2ww.

Good Luck on your journeys. :xxx3:
Hi thanks for your reply my cycles to be pretty similar sometimes they come every month and sometimes 2-3 months without what is it that causes this i guess its to do with the PCOS. When you started Metformin did they start you on a lower dose as i am starting on 500 mg and hoefully that will do the trick with 50mg clomid. Can PCOS make you more prone to misscarriage? I also have had a IVF cycle about 6yrs ago but no pregnancy i started to bleed befor my 2ww.

Fingers crossed for your BFP and hopefully have some good news to post.

TTC 9 yrs
PCOS
1 Failed IVF Cycle