You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, March 29th 2010, 1:54pm

IUI CHATTER

Hello, all
your old thread can still be found here: Happy 2010 IUI Chatter
Welcome to your 2010 second quarter chat area! :D

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Rene" (Apr 2nd 2010, 6:29pm)

Reg: Dec 11th 2009

Children: One gorgeous little dude Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 12:01pm

Lainey - so sorry to hear your news. Will be thinking of you both. Thank you for your best wishes to us all, you are such a thoughtful lovely person. :heart: xxxxxxxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
Nat BFP 2003 m/c at 9weeks.
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Mummy to a gorgeous wee boy Harrison born 15/08/11

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 1:22pm

Hey ladies,

Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Katiebee dont feel bad about having another day off - its more important you feel 100% and how fab getting to sort out your paper work - you would have felt hard done by if it took up a day at the weekend but its so much better to do it when you should be at work haha! I sooo need to sort my paper work now you have me in the mood to get organised!

Nikki - will you get to the fabric shop today?

Spooklady - well done not buying those socks and then spending a whole load of money on you!!! Thats the kind of shopping I like!

Anyone doing anything nice for easter? We have no plans to go away just, big country dog walk tomorrow morning followed by getting my hair done then accupunture at 4pm, then movie night! Then I have my friends hen night on Saturday - looking forward to it but it will be weird not being able to drink, not that I need to to have a good time BUT its just frustrating not knowing either way whats happening inside my tummy, I guess if you are preggers then all worth it but knowing that you might not even be and you are sticking to water bugs me!!!! Fate has already decided for us but we just dont know until our test dates ggrrr!!! Nothing planned for Sunday and Monday so looking forward to some little adventure or another!

ANyway I better get owrk done my boss has been emailing me non stop all day and the pressure is on a bit at work but at least it makes the day go faster.

Happy Easter everyone :easter3: and Im sure I will log on at some point over the next few days for some moral support.

Thinking of you ALl xxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LozzaG" (Apr 1st 2010, 1:23pm)

Reg: Dec 13th 2008

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 2:23pm

Hello Dear Lovely Ladies,

I just stopped in for a few mins to see how everyone was doing. Sure hope everyone is hanging in tight an will have some BFP on here soon.

AFM: I'm again on my 2 ww but this time had mild ohss an a witch of a yeast infection that was driving me up the walls.

Well got to run but hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. Until next time.:rose:
Back trying again with IUI

Reg: May 28th 2009

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 4:14pm

Hi SlyFoxy Good Luck and sorry to hear about the mild ohss

Happy easter everyone

Had a bad night last night with cramps and the kitties dive bombing us so im grumpy today.

Looks like i might be stuffing my face with chocolate and tending to my AF this weekend, i did a test today and it was bfn :( its my day 12 and as most peeps i have read about test about this time in the 2ww i thought it would confirm it. oh well back to my work i guess

speak laters

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
iui #1 clomid & met - march 2010 :BFN:
iui #2 clomid & met - april 2010 :BFN:
natural june 2010 :BFP:
First Scan 05/07/10 1 strong [zx115] due date 14/02/11
MY DIARY
Sprinkles of :sticky: & :dust: To everyone on :FZ:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 27th 2009

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 4:30pm

So sorry Lainey, look after each other- sending you a big hug.

Spookey lady- it's still a bit early, don't give up all hope just yet. Lets hope that your hormones are just not hight enough for detection yet, it is still a bit too soon. Thinking of you honey.

I've been at work and finished early, been to pick up sampsons ashes on my way home, so the next beautiful day we have we'll take them out on his favourite walk and sprinkle them.
We're going over to tom's dad on easter day and then my dad and my sister are going to visit for a few days. I'm taking lots of leave and hope that me and DH will go away for a few days too.

Have a great Easter- eat lots of chocolate xxx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]
4 X IUI Sept- May 2010 (incl 1 abandoned) :BFN:
ICSI Oct 10 :BFN:
ICSI March11 :BFN:

DIUI June 11 :BFN:
DIUI July 11 :BFN:
DIUI Aug 11 :BFP:

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 5:30pm

Hello Slyfox - sorry to hear you are not 100% and wishing you loads of luck on the 2ww, its hard isnt it!!!!

Spookylady - Im with Katiebee on this I think its a bit too early, there is still hope for you yet and Im saying a wee prayer for you now! Thinking of you and hoping that BFN will turn into a BFP in a few days time.

Katiebee - what a sad day - so glad you got Sampsons ashes and you can scatter them somewhere tht meant something to you both. I have a wee tear in my eye :tear: Sounds like you have some nice plans for the next while though - enjoy and look after each other.

Roll on 7pm so I can finish in this office!!!!!

Lots of PMA to you all.

Much love

Lozza xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

United Kingdom

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Children: 1 gorgeous little boy!

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 10:26pm

Hello all,

Sorry I've not had a chance to post. Impossible to log on at work in an open plan office and feels like I've been spending my life there! But good for taking your mind off things. Now a four day break over Easter with too much temptation to google those symptoms. Are those symptoms in my mind or my body - that's the question! Unbelievable what your mind can do.

Don't know if it helps but I remember feeling very positive when the actual IUI was done (lovely doctor saying 'think happy thoughts' as he was doing it!) and I think back to then when I'm having a negative moment!

Fingers crossed for you spooky lady. Really hope those cramps aren't your AF.

Have a great Easter all of you.

Harry x
Me:36 DH:36
3 IUIs - Jan, Mar, Jun 2010 - BFN
1st IVF Oct 10 - BFP. Please stay sticky!

7 week scan - 1 heartbeat seen!
9 week scan - little hands and feet!!!
12 week scan - all on track! :thumbsup:
21 week scan - :boy:

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 10:35pm

thanks katebee and lozza

welcome back harry :) and thankies

im grumpy still and keep getting cramping pains so not too sure whats going on down there. Ive read somewhere it can take 6 - 12 days from the iui to implant so i definitely need to keep my positive head on, even though ive had no spotting at all and im still 3 days too early for my AF, also had a bit of swelling around my lower abdominal so not sure if its the progesterone suppositories causing it.

anyways always tomorrow, i have 2 more strips left and another 50 more on the way so should definitely get to know soon.

sprinkles of babydust to all not long to go everyone

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 9:45am

Hi Harry, good to see you- have a good break, sounds like you've been working very hard!!

I'm keeping everything crossed for you spooky lady!!

I've been an idiot this morning and done a test!! However, don't really know what to make of it so trying to ignore it.

After all my lecturing to Spooky lady about not testing early ha ha

I have some really old (and out of date) strip tests so thought I was going to binm them - as they are out of date and I didn't want temptation in the house, so put them in the bathroom bin last night. Anyway, woke up early this morning for a pee and decided to test.. then thought better of it and threw it in the bin without waiting and checking and went back to bed. I'm only 10 days post IUI so it's way too early.

So, lay in bed thinking about my little test strip and got up about an hour later to have a peek- there is the faintest faintest BFP line- but the test is out of date, it is too long after the test to look at it (could be evaporation), my HGC shot could still be an influnece.

So.. I don't know any more than I did, but I'm cross with myslef and feel no better- wish I had just waited. I'm going to put them all out in the big wheelie bin later so I will NOT do this again.
Agghhhhh I should lidten to my own advice. These last few days really do seem to be the hardest.
I've got lots of work to do (doing a phd part time at the moment and my one day a week doesn't go far so I'm spending the next couple of days om it) today so will try to stay awaqy from google etc- It's not really that long till tuesady.

Happy Bank holiday everyone.

K xxx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

United Kingdom

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 9:54am

Oh no, Katiebee, poor you! Not knowing whether that test is right or wrong could drive you mad! But if you're testing on Tuesday, that's just four days. And that's four Easter days with lots of films on TV (to take your mind off it), Easter Eggs (because we need treats!) and relaxation.

Good luck with the study! And fingers crossed!

Harry x

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Children: A special baby boy and a beautiful baby girl

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 10:58am

Morning all :wave:

Hope you are all doing OK. Katiebee - not long to go now, I know it's hard but try and stay away from those tests. Hopefully you'll set the precedent for all our BFP's starting Tuesday :pray:

Welcome back Harry - think we are all going to need each other over the next week!

Have got into a major house tidy mode today - emptied our filing cabinet and old bills etc and the lounge is now a mess! Hopefully on the homeward stretch now and it will feel great when all done. DH is outside doing the first garden tidy up of the year. He has already cut the grass, strimming now and then will clear up all the leaves smile2 Have my parents coming over tomorrow and we'll start on the plant borders, maybe plant up some hanging baskets and sort out the garden furniture / decking (weather permitting). clap

We are out to dinner tonight with some friends - I met her when I did my first IVF (on FZ). Her cycle was successful and their baby is due in 3 weeks. Nice to have someone to talk to - as apart from one guy at work (who guessed I was having treatment), I don't know anyone that has been through this and can fully understand what it's like.

Well please stay away from those test strips - can't believe how many of you have tested early :hmm:

Take care and have a lovely weekend - is everyone off work?

Nikki x

Over 5 years TTC, unexplained infertility
IVF Aug 09, IUI Nov 09, IUI Jan 10, IUI Mar 10 :BFN:
IVF Jul 10 :BFP:
Shock natural :BFP: on 16 Oct 12

United Kingdom

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 1:05pm

Thank you- I know you are right and I'm trying so hard not to think about it. But having a wobbly day, boobs really sorte and have lots of tummy cramps- like AF is coming along soon. Like you say just a few more days and I'll know for sure. I found the last few days really hard last time, although don't think that my boobs were this sore (but then we do start to find symptoms that are probably not even there!!!)

Nikki- it sounds like you both are having a very productive weeked, feels good to get everything in order!! While I'm trying to work in the study (and not sepnd too long on the internet) My DH is painting some bits in the kitchen ready for our new floor that's being laid next week.

We are all nesting aren't we???
K xx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 3:06pm

hi everyone

katebee !!!!!! lmao , i'd be running to the store by now to get a first response hahahaahahahaha sorry hun, my thoughts on the strips is i cant see how they would expire really but everything in the uk does have to have an expirey date. congratulations hun if its a correct reading, fingers toes and legs crossed for you :)

I dont think its happened for me, i did another test this morning as its day 13 of the iui and was BFN got one strip left and i wont get the other strips i ordered til tuesday now due to the holidays, so im going to grab a hpt kit from the pharmacy and test it sunday which is the earliest my AF would appear as its day 28 of my cycle. 5 days left til my official blood test.

I think all my cramping and stuff has been due to the progesterone supp's and ive just been wishful thinking. If im realistic this month has been no different to every normal cycle month i have, the pains have been no different. The iui 2ww does do really strange things to your mind and having the internet makes it worse. But now that i have experienced it and if my bloods do come back neg at least i know what to expect on the next round of iui.

Nikki have fun tonight and have a great day gardening hope the weather is nice for you.

Its going to be hot for us the next couple of days so we might be going down to the beach for some r&r and will try to get a base tan for the summer.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend whatever you decide to do and will speak to you later.

sprinkles of babydust girlies

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 3:30pm

Hello. How is everyone?

Had a tough couple of days. What I thought were symptoms on thurs seem to have disappeared completely and with backpain too, i'm fairly sure i'm heading for a BFN. Just trying to adjust to the thought of going through this again. I know I should be staying positive until next week but last time I was pregnant (and miscarried), I had clear symptoms by this stage.

Anyone else struggling or still trying to stay positive?

Harry x

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 3:36pm

Big huggies Harry

I am struggling today too, day 14 and a bfn this morning so its not worked for me, i had no symptoms at all yesterday other than my belly has got bigger, that usually happens when my AF is due.

I had a laugh last night though, i found this site you should read it, i was in stitches and it may cheer you up for a while http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rene" (Apr 3rd 2010, 10:08pm)

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 3:47pm

Hey Harry and Spooky lady big hugs to you both. Sorry to hear BFN spooky lady, this is so tough isn't it.

I've been really struggling too- feel really pesimistic about this one, just feel AF signs are on their way. Didn't sleep all night worrying about having to do this all again. I'm thinking about whether to move on to IVF, althouh we've got 3 more funded goes of IUI we can use before our one IVF attempt. I know it probably makes sense to do some more IUIs but I'm really tempted by the higher sucess rates of IVF. I've been so miserbale about it I've been crying to DH saying that it's never going to happen, I'll have to somehow learn to live without ever being a mummy and imaging how we'll pay for many IVF cycles before giving up bitter and old!!!
Blimey, what am I like!! And I'm a psychologist by profession and so should know that all this negative thinking only makes things feel worse!!! And it's mprobably all down to PMT!!!

Anyway, off to see my gorgeous little God daughter now.

K xx

Hope you're all felling better,
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

United Kingdom

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 4:07pm

Spookylady - so sorry about your BFN. Huge hugs! Thanks for that link though - it did make me laugh. Particularly the bit about dead rabbits and drinking beer and eating Chinese before a test!

Katiebee - I know exactly how you feel. Was also crying on DH's shoulder last night along almost exactly the same lines. He's fantastic but doesn't really understand what it means to go through another few rounds like this, trying to juggle work and appointments, injecting Gonal F, the lovely pessaries and that dreaded wait! The IUI vs IVF debate is a tricky one. We're paying (didn't want to wait on the waiting list as we're a bit older than you) and CRGH is pretty good about recommending a certain number of IUIs (3 or 4) but saying it's up to the individual if they feel they want to move on more quickly. I think I'll go with another IUI, try to take another week off work for it and see how we go from there. Hope you have a nice time with your goddaughter and that you manage to get a better night's sleep tonight.

Harry x

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 4:42pm

thankies katebee & harry

I was looking at pricing of ivf this morning its going to be around $12,000 for each round we do not get any free tries over here. We dont have the money for the treatment unless we win the lottery :/

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 9:39am

Morning all :hi:

How is everyone today? Sorry to hear about your BFN spookylady and also that the IVF costs too much. So will you try IUI again?

Katiebee - only 2 days to go!. Assuming you haven't tested again since Friday?? Really hoping that test was correct xfingers

Had a great time on Friday night - didn't get home til after 2am!! And was up early yesterday gardening - looks so much better and have huge amounts of logs for our chiminea smile2. On my own today, as DH has taken his mum out and it is often not relaxing, so didn't want any stress this close to end of the treatment - here's hoping I can stay occupied enough not to start thinking about everything.

We've also had the IUI vs IVF discussion, in fact just before we started this treatment. We are private, so the cost is a big part of our decision to try IUI again. But if this doesn't work, then we'll be back to IVF again (as that would have been three). We would be on a different stimulating drug, and a much higher dose as did not have a huge response last time.

The only symptom I seem to have now is sore boobs - Harry what did you have last time (when you said you had symptoms by now) - as we are testing on the same day?

So what is everyone else up to today? Hopefully there'll be some of you online to chat to : smile2
Nikki x

United Kingdom

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 10:16am

Hi all, Happy Easter!

Nikki - everyone is different from what I understand but I had very sore boobs (untouchable, tingly as opposed to just tender) and a kind of indigestion/nausea all the time. That was a pregnancy without treatment so no progesterone which might change things too. Really don't think you can compare though as everyone's body is different.

Sounds like you've had a good relaxing couple of days and sounds like you're feeling positive! That's great. Keep it up!

Harry x

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 10:31am

Harry - I know we are all different, just interested. Also I have not taken progesterone in any of my IUI cycles.

It's so hard, but managing (almost) to stay positive. Every now and then I think "what if this doesn't work?", "how will I cope?" but then think I don't know anything yet and PMA PMA PMA PMA ....... Just want it to be Friday and to have got through Wednesday - which is when my AF is due and has started on both my previous IUI cycles, so for those have got to OTD knowing it's a BFN.

Nikki x

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 12:39pm

HI Everyone

Fingers toes legs and lips crossed for you all.

We have to have a confirmed this easter with all these eggs about :D

Nikki i have 2 more iui's to go through before we make the decision about the ivf, ive done another test today with the digital clear blue and its definitely bfn. AF is due either today or the next couple of days depending on when it wants to come, so i'll pop up to the drug store and grab my prescription of clomid over the next couple of days. i have read that the progesterone can delay the af so i might be able to start the clomid straight after my blood test.

Good luck everyone and will keep in touch as i definitely want to see some babies in here this month :)

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:53am

Good morning everyone,

Spookylady - Im so so sorry to hear about your BFN, I am thinking of you both so much right now and hope you are managing to stay strong. Hope the Easter Choc has managed to cheer you up a wee bit. Lets definitely keep in touch as I want to hear all about the next round and when you get your BFP!!!!!

Katiebee, how are you doing now? Have you tested again or going to be good and do it tomorrow? I have everything crossed the result stays the same as what it was a few days ago!!!!! xfingers

Well it sounds like everyone is having a bit of a tough time will the old pma over the last few days - its sooooo hard isnt it to keep this smile on your face and pretend everything is ok! I was at my friends hen day/night on Saturday and obviously all the girls know about the treatment but it was hard having to talk about it all the time without feeling everyone was feeling sorry for me. I know they dont mean it and think they are saying and doing the right things but hey really really really dont know how we feel. My best friend has has 2 failed IVFs and is now on her 3rd try so we tend to roll our eyes a lot at each other and laugh and its great having her by my side although I do wish she wasnt in this situation. Anyway apart from that had a fab night out and danced and drank soda and lime until I was set to pop!!!!

Apart from a wee wobble last week I have been doing ok - I shouldnt really do my test until a week today but it will be 14days on Saturday so I think I might just go with that - why wait 17days when everyone else seems to be doing day 14??

Sorry I havent been on here over the pat few days giving you all lots of support but I have been thinking about you all a lot. I really dont know what I would do without having you all on here so wanted to say thank you so so much for everythng ladies!!!!

Today my DH isnt feeling v well so im off out in a minute with my puppy and my dad and we are going to visit my grandda who is n a home. All the oldies love having the puppy visit so will be fun to see all of their faces and Archie gets to lick everyone until his hearts content!!!

Anyway I promise to be on more over the next few days. Keep positive ladies and not long now until we get some BFNs for spring.

Much love xxxxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 4:39pm

Big huggies everyone,

i got my second lot of clomid yesterday with a load of cadbury's cream eggs :) so me and the hubby could sit and stuff our faces with them last night, got up this morning and thought i was going to chuck my guts up lmao

Now keep that PMA up, i did alot of reading yesterday about statistics and stuff on iui and the odds are really high for everyone who has more than one iui.

apparently you have a 40% better chance for 2nd to 3rd iui abd A 50% better chance of pregnancy by your 3rd to 6th iui and the statistic's are higher with a iui than with ivf so before you all decide to change to ivf give iui another go.

I am so routing for all of you to have BFP's this month so keep you hopes up :)

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Monday, April 5th 2010, 5:22pm

Lots of luck for tomorrow katiebee! We'll be thinking of you! X

JLC1

Ace

Reg: Jan 16th 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 6:02pm

Hi Ladies

Im having IUI for the first time this month and wondered if you would mind if I join your thread? Looks like you are keeping each other going with the PMA so would be goood to join and share in your journeys.

A bit about me:
Me: 37, DH 37

I have been diaganosed with a naturaly thin endometrium of which there is no known understanding of what causes this so makes it diffcult to treat. So ultimatly an egg cant implant. DH has high percentage of abnormal sperm tho we have been told thats not a problem.
Treatment so far:

nov- dec - viagra(and unfortuntly it doesnt do the same for chicks as it does for men!) and progesterone
Jan - viagra, progesterone and clomid - overstimmed

Treatment had no impact to lining, consultant referred us to ARGC.

ARGC tested for immunes and I was told have high natural killer cell count.

Start new treatment this month
Viagra
Steroids (not sure what yet)
Blood thining tablets
IUI

So thats me!!

Anyway, hope you all had a nice Easter and good luck for those of you waiting for your results.

Jo
xx
Me 37, DH 38
Me Thin endometrium
Oct, Nov, Dec 09 - Viagra,cyclogest - BFN
Jan 10 - Clomid, Viagra - Cycle abandond- OHSS
March 10 Immune issues identified
April 10 - IUI #1 BFN
May 10 - IUI #2-BFN

Monday, April 5th 2010, 6:29pm

Sorry everyone I meant BFP's for Spring - BFP's, BFP's, BFP's!!!!!!!!!! sorry xxxxxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 6:31pm

Hi All,

Hope you've all been having a nice Easter weekend. Welcome Jo - hope you like it on here and good luck with the treatment.

Well it's over for me ladies :tears: - started spotting last night (11 dpo), which I initially thought may have been implantation bleeding. I couldn't sleep so got up about 2:30am and watched films but then started bleeding around 4pm and it has got heavier throughout the day. I don't test until Friday but know it'll be a BFN. Will call the clinic in the morning to schedule a follow-up appointment but that's us done with IUI I think - as we'll probably be going back to IVF next time.

Hope you get all your BFP's and I'll keep a check on you all. Good luck Katiebee for tomorrow xfingers

Nikki x

Monday, April 5th 2010, 6:39pm

Spookylady thank you so much for all your info on IUI's - we all just need to believe and fingers crossed it all works!!!

Hiya Jo - welcome aboard the IUI train!!! It is really lovely having the support from everyone on here so if you ever need to rant and rave or just get info then just do it on here, there will always be someone who isin the same situation as yourself!!! We all know how each other feel so it helps ALOT!!! Sounds like you are getting a lots of tests done and hopefully they will start to understand your body better and you can get some answers, if they know whats wrong then fingers crossed they can fix it!

Katiebee - gooood luck for tomorrow and fingers crossed!!!! Im hoping you will be the start of the BFP's!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

I better go and get this dog out for his last walk of the day then Im off out for tea!

Lots of love to you all xxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 6:44pm

Oh Nikki I cant believe it!!!!! Im so sorry to hear your news. God its so unfair isnt it - why do some people get it so easy?? Im sending you and yours lots of love and please take care. Please keep in touch xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

JLC1

Ace

Reg: Jan 16th 2010

Monday, April 5th 2010, 6:49pm

Thank you for the welcome ladies.

Sorry to hear your news Nikkih -take care of yourself

Look forward to chatting to you all over the coming weeks

Jo
xx
Me 37, DH 38
Me Thin endometrium
Oct, Nov, Dec 09 - Viagra,cyclogest - BFN
Jan 10 - Clomid, Viagra - Cycle abandond- OHSS
March 10 Immune issues identified
April 10 - IUI #1 BFN
May 10 - IUI #2-BFN

United Kingdom

Monday, April 5th 2010, 9:07pm

Nikki and Spooky lady. I am thinking of you both so much, it's so so tough this roller coaster ride of treatment!
Welcome Jo, I hope you find this place as useful and wonderfully supportive as we all do- it's so good finding people who understand! Great news about the IUI stats spooky lady, I'll keep going till number 6 if I have to!! I have bee well distracted with my sis and dad visiting- so been feeling slighlty less crazy about it- and blood test in the morning! Idid do another test the next day-BFN so I'm not hopeful, but it was still a bit early and if they can really tell so early then they's have us back in clinic earlier for the test.
So got everything crossed for the morning and I'll let all know. But if not, the chances just get higher with the next go!!!

Right, movie now to keep distracted. Lots of love and hugs to you all.

K xxx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:03am

Nikki - really sorry to hear your news. All the very best for your follow-up and IVF if that's the next step you go for. Katiebee, keeping those fingers crossed for today!

I've had really bad pain in my lower back and down my leg which I'm starting to think is the endo kicking in a bit more due to all the drugs (apparently, the drugs increase your oestrogen which fuels the endo). Going to book a follow-up with my consultant to talk about next steps but think I might be stepping off the treatment for a while. Frustrating in some ways but perhaps a sanity break in another way. It's exhausting isn't it.

Hope you all had a good Easter!

Harry x

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 10:55am

Hi Jo welcome to the 2ww you poor thing :) hope it goes really well for you

Katebee fingers crossed for the bloods today hun please please please we need a bfp :)

Nikki sorry to hear the news big huggies hun and hope all goes well on the next round

Lozza still have my fingers toes & legs crossed for you

Harry sorry to hear about your endo :( im wondering if ive got abit of endo and its not been picked up, i get alot of pain around my lower back and right hip area which can get bad when i walk far or coming close to my AF, although hasnt been too bad the last week so not sure if the progestrone supposteries have been helping it, although when i was on the progestrone only pill for the pcos i had to come off it due to it giving me high blood pressure, hence the horrid painful mirena i suffered with until i couldnt bare it any more.

Still no AF for me but thats nothing new, i stopped taking my progesterone supps last night so fingers crossed it comes after tomorrow when i have my blood test, then i should be able to start the next cycle of iui. i started with my headaches yesterday so it must be on the way.

Anyways good luck to all still on the dreded 2ww will speak tomorrow after the blood confirmation.

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 12:47pm

Hello hello,

Nikki - how are you doing today, just saw you have a follow up appointment booked in. Im so glad you have that sorted and at least its a step in the right direction. Huge hugs to you. xxxxxxx

Katiebee - thinking of you so much today. xxx

Harry - have you had bad news or are you still on the 2ww? I hope everything is ok.

Spookylady - thanks for your best wishes. I have everything crossed too but was v naughty and did a pregnancy today and of course it came back negative. Im hoping its because its too early that it came back negative but not holding out much hope. Oh well onwards and upwards and all that - I have to keep smiling and wishing and hoping and praying. Also good luck with the next round of treatment - I hope that your AF starts soon and you can get back on it again!!!!

Everyone else - I hope all is well and everyone had a great Easter break and speak soon.

Much love xxxxxx

Lxxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 7:56pm

Hi All,

Katiebee - how's it going? Hoping no news is good news! xfingers

Well I contacted the clinic this morning and have a follow-up appointment booked for 26th April, so not too long. Ordered a couple of new fertility/IVF books last night online, so hopefully these should keep me busy until the appointment. Going back to work tomorrow after just over 3 weeks off - it's going to be a struggle (not to mention getting up early :snigger: ). Not sure how I am going to face people, even though almost all don't know why I've been off (just said personal reasons).

Good luck to everyone testing in the next few days :-)

Nikki x

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:49pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear those that have had BFNs, :hugs: hang in there, let's hope those BFPs are around the corner, we've been short of them recently!!!

I had baseline scan today and all fine, lining thin, 3 + on right and one on left size. So start stims on Monday, same dosage, they had review and were happy with how everything went last cycle, apart from the outcome obviously but in terms of how I responded they were happy. Have day 5 scan and bloods a week on Fri. THey are going to do a scan and bloods since I was close to over stimming last time by day 5. So that makes me happier. So fingers crossed it's lucky IUI #2 and lucky tx cycle #3! Come on ladies we can do it!!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 10:32pm

Good luck with the iui julz. Sounds like it's looking good.

Lozza - still on 2 ww sort of but testing tomorrow on advice of clinic. Pain pretty bad so if it's negative (which I think it is), I can stop those pessaries, bring on my af and hopefully stop the pain. Have follow up booked for a couple of weeks time so can hopefully discuss what to do next.

Good luck to all those still waiting and keep up that pma!
Harry x

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:43am

Morning all,

Nikki - good luck at work today hope you managed to get up with the larks to make it in on time! Let me know how you get on with the new books - if they are good let me know. I got the new Zitas West one ordered and have been seeing a Zita West acupuncturist so hoping they both help. Your appointment isnt too far away now and good on you for getting on the case straight away with that. Hope you are doing ok my lovely and sending you lots of love.

Hey Julz - all sounding great for the next round of IUI. Keep us updated on everything and we will be here to support you all the way!

Harry - Im so sorry to hear about how bad the pain is but what Im am hoping is that test proves to e a BFP today - I have eveything crossed for you - you never know.............

Katiebee - I hope what Nikki said is right and no news is good news??? Thinking of you.

Im going stir crazy on the 2ww now, today is the day my period came last treatment at 6pm so to say Im on constant knicker watch is an understatement..........I cant concentrate at work and although I work from home which is great it gives me the opportunity to obsess slightly more than I should - aarrgghhh!!!! Its so busy at work and I really really need get organsied or else I will be in serious trouble. Anyway only 5 days to go or 4 depending on when I might decide to test again (will not be doing it before Saturday which is 2 weeks after insemination).

Lots of love to all you IUI ladies and keep in touch x

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:43am

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all your good wishes, I'm afraid it was bad news for us again, and about 3 hours after I spoke to the clinic AF arrived and so I'm feeling sorry for myslef again. nevermind, we having a month off than another IUI cycle in May. The clinic suggested that after that we should probably move to IVF, but we if we really want to we could have a couple more IUIs (the funding is there for that) but they think that if it hasn't happened after three then it is unlikely to.

I kind of was expecting this- but was still hoping for a little miricle.

Harry I've got my fingers corssed for your test today and you too Lozza- that result was probably too early- I'm sure you guys will get us a much needed BFP!!!!

K xxx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:49am

Oh Katiebee - that is awful news. SO so sorry to hear that it hasnt worked this time I was hoping that the IUI ladies luck was changing and you would give us some good news. Whatever decision you and your husband make it will be the right one for you. Have a lovely month off and try and forget about injections and getting poked and prodded every other day etc etc, have a drink or two and most of all try and enjoy just being a couple again with no worries (easier said than done I know).

Thanks so much for your best wishes Katiebee and please keep in touch - it will happen for us all just a shame none of us know when.

Much love :heart:

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 2:16pm

Thank you.

It's so tough this horrible process and while you are going through it it just seems to take over everything in your life!! We're going to try and go away for a few days next week- it's been a tough month for us.
I'm sure the IUI luck is going to change and I look forwards to heraing everyones ggod news soon- I'll be keeping in tough and popping in to see how everyone gets on!!!

k xxx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 7:12pm

HI everyone

Ok went for my bloods this morning got my AF about 10 mins ago lol rang to confirm bloods which were BFN starting my 2nd iui from tomorrow :)

Good luck everyone with your results hope you get BFP's as we definitely need one for march.

PCOS 2003 - TTC 2008
clomid & met - 4 tries
MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:15pm

Hi all,

Katiebee, really sorry to hear your news. A BFN here too but had pretty much prepared myself for that.

It is a horrible process, it does take over your life. Planning some nice weekends and holidays with DH to have something to look forward to.

Good luck the rest of you. Will be looking out for those bfp's over the next few days!

Harry x

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 11:08am

Morning Harry - really sorry to hear your news. Glad you and your DH are planning a few little get aways together - you and Katiebee are so right it does take over your whole life and being and no matter how hard you try not to obsess its impossible not to think about it 27/7. Thinking of you Harry and please let us all know what your next steps are as and when and we will be here to support you 100% of the way.

Spookylady - good luck with the next step of your treatment and sending you lots of positive vibes and love.

Katiebee and Nikki - hope you are both well. :heart:

Julz - how are you doing? Keeping up that PMA? x

Well Im till a few days away from testing and not sure how I feel - this is the furthest I have got so far without my AF arriving so want to feel excited but there is still a nagging feeling inside me that says says I just dont feel right and AF is round the corner. Im just praying it works so much as I dont think I can cope with IVF at the moment as I will have to give up work and we really cant afford to live on 1 wage but I cant do the job I do and have IVF - vicious circle really as if we want a baby so much we have to give up something but the we have to fund our IVF so how do we afford it..........oh well onwards and upwards!

Love to you all and will keep you posted xxxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 1:23pm

Hey ladies,

Looks like our dream is over for now too. Just started bleeding - truly truly gutted! DH is on his way home from work as I need a hug so bad right now.

Cant believe all of us had BFN's this month, really cant get my head around it.

Anyway off to call the clinic - I need to know whats next.

Much love x

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 1:27pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry to read about these BFNs, argh!!! I wish I could just wave a wand and we would all get out BFPS!!!

Lorraine - So sorry hon! Send ing you big :hugs: Get tha DH home and have a great big cuddle and let yourself grieve. Hang in there hon and take care of yourself. Can I ask why would you have to give up work to do IVF? Don't be afraid of it, I had ICSI before my IUI (random I know) but really it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

AFM - all ok here, though stillhaving bad hot flushes and headaches from the snuff, but having accupuncture on Sat so hopefully that will help. Then starting stims on Monday so that will no doubt help too. Then back in for first scan and bloods on the Friday. Normally they only do bloods on the Friday but I was so close to over stimming last time they agreed to give me a scan as well. I'm not holding out much hope at the moment, sometimes I think there's no reason why it shouldn't work but then with everyone getting BFNs and me getting BFNs I think is this ever going to happen?!? But it will! IT WILL!!! I'm going for third tx cycle lucky, what do you girls think?!? I am ready to be a mummy now!!!

Hope you are all well and ready for the weekend! Not long!

Love luck and babudust!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 1:41pm

Thanks Julz - you would think we would all be used to the disappointment by now but I think it just gets worse. If you dont believe then whats the point so we all work ourselves into this big positive ball to just have it squashed - we do have to remember it DOES work though so we have to keep on keeping on. Onwards and upwards I guess.

I cant work if we do iVF as I work in the TV industry so know one will employ me when I have to ask for time of for appointments etc - sad but true. I cant tell my current boss about the IUI but because I work from home at the moment its easy to do BUT for example I have to fly to London in April from the 19th the 7th May so couldnt do any thing with the hospital then, I only managed to do this as I knew I wouldnt be needed at the studio until April. I take on short term contracts so Im not in full time employment - all very boring and confusing.

Sounds like you are doing well though Julz, the headaches etc are a rea pain the the you know what! Fingers crossed that all calms down soon and you start to feel better. I love having acupuncture - its been my saviour this round of treatment. Have you had it before?

It will work for all of us one Julz - just knowing when is the hard part! Lots of love and PMA xxxx

ME 35, DH 34
TTC - 5years
3 x IUI - BFN
1 x IVF October 2010

United Kingdom

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 2:26pm

Massive hugs to you Lozza and Harry- it is so heartbreaking when it doesn't work out and it does seem to get harder and harder. I feel for you with your job dilema- I'm on a training contract and at uni part time and it is so hard juggling them anyway, without all the appointments as well (when you are trying to make a good impression!!).
We have to try and keep positive somehow, because it does and WILL work. The NHS wouldn't back treatments that aren't successful. It's so terrible that we've had so many BFNs this month- what's going on?? Surely we'll have better luck next time and I have seen people on the forum get their BFPs after a few goes- so we will get there..sometime. All I know is our babies will be so loved and so wanted and when it's our turn to be parents it will be extra sepcial for us all.

I'm going for accupuncture tonight, I used to go years a go for other things and had been putting it off due to the cost, but now think I've got to do everyhting possible! Looking forwards to it, even if it just helps me chill and relax a bit it'd be worth it.

Good luck with your next cycles spooky lady and Julz. We have to wait a month ion between ours- I kind of wish I could just be getting on with the next one, but at the same time it'll be good to have a break.

lots of love to you all xxx
Me 32, DH 32
Male factor [zx151]

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE