You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 29th 2009

Children: DD - 11 from previous relationship

Monday, November 8th 2010, 9:53pm

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well??

Well - couldnt believe it, after making an appointment last Thurs to ask for Provera again my period started itself on Wednesday. Unfortunatley, I have to go away with my work on friday and if I pull out of it I would be in a lot of trouble - so sods law, after my scan showed good to go on Thursday, I was told that they would need to scan me the day I'm down south so I had to decline treatment this month.

I was absolutely gutted and to top it all, the scan was 2 years to the day that I found out our baby had no heartbeat so I was already a bit teary and by the time I got back to work I was bubbling. At the end of the day though I need my job even if I get pregnant so I guess sometimes you just have to play the game.

We'll give it a shot this month, but I really dont expect to ovulate without any drugs.

Opal
x
:BFP: Age 37
I have DD (12) from prev relationship and 2 angels in Heaven - m/c Nov 2008 & Mar 2011
Polycycstic Ovaries
1st round IUI - January 11 :BFN:
2nd round IUI - Feb 11 - MC 4.5 weeks
3rd round IUI - Mar 11 - :BFN:
4th round IUI - Apr 11 - :BFP:

Reg: Sep 17th 2010

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 11:26am

Male looking for a few answers

hi all

I'm new to this thread, but as I've now been deemed a DH with confirmed non-obstructive Azoo (after painful MESE + TESE!), it looks like we're going down the IUI/IVF route with DS.

me: 29, wifey: 31.

We have our first consultation next week, but if poss, could I ask a few questions?

1) As our local county doesnt support DS with funding, we're going through everything privately. Considering we were married and moved house only two years ago, we're not finding this very easy financially. This obviously means that every decision has a financial factor which is horrible to say, but life I guess! My question is, what are the chances of IUI against IVF really? (I know this is a very subjective topic, but general answers will be very welcome!)

2) How long do ladies wait between IUIs if not succesful? (again subjective, but what's the general rule of thumb etc?)

Many thanks....

BPositive :)
xfingers

Male factor: Azoospermia.

TTC: Over a Year

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Friday, November 19th 2010, 9:29am

Hi BPositive

I sometimes dip in and out of this thread as Im awaiting IUI on NHS my 1st appointment is a week today.

I don't really have an answer but we did pay for a private consulation and they based it on me and DH as a couple and our individual stats, age, weight, sperm count etc.. they gave us a 20% chance for IUI and 49% for IVF. There is defo lots of info on this site its great.

PS Nice to see a male joining us.

Ailly
Ailly

Me30 , DH 35 -Unexplained Fertility
TTC since Mar 08 - AMH 36, 21
Been on GRI IUI waiting list since June 09
1st IUI starting 27/12/10 = :BFP:

Baby Sam born 18/10/11 5lb 9. (9 days early) :bubs:

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Friday, November 19th 2010, 2:03pm

Hello there,

It has been very quiet on here recently.

BPositive - it is a bit hit or miss with both to be honest. We had an ICSI cycle while we were on the NHS waiting list for IUI. The cycle was text book perfect and everyhing went toplan but our embie didnt stick. We then had one failed IUI cycle with 2 follicles and a decent sperm count (49% a+b Motility), the next IUI with only one follicle and a very low sperm count that were also stiking together (10% a+b motility), we got our BFP. Sadly that endend in a miscarriage. Then our last IUI cycle with one follicle, and another one that shouldn't have released an egg, and an ok sperm out but not as good as the first (23% a+b motility), we ended up with another BFP and saw our to little non-identical twins and their little hearts beating away just a week ago at 8 wks. We were told that we would need ICSI to conceive but 2/3 of IUI cycles resulted in a BFP and the ICSI didn't . So it's really hard to say what is more likely to work.

Re how long you have to wait - it will depend on your clinic and on your DW and how she feels. It can take a lot out of you both emotionally and physically especially out of her with all the drugs etc. For our first two cycles we ran them back to back they just keep you on the down regulation drugs. But with IVF you can't do that. Generally I think they like to leave 2-3 months to let your body recover from the collection and transfer and everything.

Good luck and I hope you have a successful treatment whatever you do.

Jx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Nov 20th 2010

Children: Please!!!!!!

Saturday, November 20th 2010, 7:04pm

New to all of this...

Hi all,

I'm new to FZ, and after 3 years of TTC, tests etc. had first cycle of DIUI unstimulated last month as docs said we would have a good chance due to my age.

unfortunately test was negative last week so the first round didn't work and I'm just trying to stay sane... so wondered if there's anyone out there that's gone through unstimulated IUI and it has worked, as from what i read it's not that great and I think the NHS are just trying to put us through the cheapest treatment so we'll have to pay the clinic when it doesn't work and try stimulated IUI or something even more expensive!

would be grateful to speak to those going through the same as it's all a bit alien as my friends all seem to have it so easy and don't really understand!

Many thanks!
Stacey
TTC for 5 years
6 x IUI all :BFN:

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.
M/c imminent :sniff:

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 7:57pm

Hi Stace

Just really wanted to say :hi: and welcome to FZ. As u can see Iv not begun by journey yet so I can't answer your question but god luck anyway.

Ailly
Ailly

Monday, November 29th 2010, 8:15pm

Thanks Ailly,

Hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait.

We are going for our second round of iui tomorrow... Unstimulated again but trying to be more positive this time.

You look like you have long waits up there for iui, that was one lucky thing, when we decided to proceed out treatment started within 3 months.

All the best with it xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

A new chapter - 1st ICSI Nov 2011 finally got our :BFP: but short lived as no [zx076] seen at 7wk scan.

Tuesday, November 30th 2010, 8:36pm

Hi Stacey

Not really read many post that have had unstimulated IUI. When we went for our appointment then never metioned trying without drugs I always thought they took over your cycle. Im hoping to start Jan/Feb so the Glasgow NHS waiting list is 16 months but more like 19 by the time you actually start. Postcode lottery.

Good luck x
Ailly

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 8:41pm

Hi ailly,

Our consultant didn't think there was a need to start me off with drugs on the first couple of cycles. Plus the risk of multiple births (funny how they see that as such a risk when people have twins naturally all the time!)

My tubes are all fine and i ovulate each month, however as we are using donor sperm, I kind of wish we were going through medicated cycles as at least then I know that we're throwing everything at it.

We just don't have the money to go through lots of cycles afterwards, these 3 are kind of our only shot.

I can't find many posts of people who are going throughhthe same... Or who have had success through un medicated iui cycles, but hey ho... Gotta think positive otherwise you'd just go mad!

Hopefully your treatment will start soon and you can have a good Christmas in the meantime!!! Xx
Stacey
TTC for 5 years

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 7:24pm

Yes Stacey your right think positive, sometimse I think my hubbys sperm dosnt swim far enough. I know I will never know but the good thing with this is they inject it high into cervix (right word ?( )

We get 3 goes as well the nurse told me from the day I start the sniff thing to a preg test its about 8 week,s man that seems long time,needs must i suppose.

Ailly x
Ailly

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Thursday, December 2nd 2010, 11:09pm

Hi

I have been lurking for a while and can finally join you.

We have a 3year old DS who was conceived naturally after 14 months ttc and have been ttc for just over 2 years this time, everything seems to be OK with me but DP's SA is not fantastic (good count, low motility and morphology). We are self funding and clomid only for stim this time, i had a tracked cycle on clomid and produced 2 follicles so am declining the menopur for this cycle at least.

Had CD5 scan today and nurse said it all looks good so another scan next Wednesday and insemination on Friday 10th is the plan. Which makes test date about Christmas Day........eeek! Totally not getting my hopes up though as i know IUI has lower odds and it may take 3 cycles or more.

What stimms is everyone else doing? felt a bit weird me telling the clinic what i should be doing - they seemed to assume i would be doing menopur but i don't get that if they only want to see 2 follies why do menopur and risk too many follicles and having cycle abandoned?? i'm nervous enough about doing the 1 HCG shot :S

I'm so excited to be doing this, hoping everything goes to plan and the sperm come through the wash well

babydust and GL to us all xfingers
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 7:16pm

:hi: everybody.

it has been some time since i came on the site and i see that we have more traffic on this thread, which is great! So welcome to all of you.

Stace - I cannot tell you about the succes rate, but when i asked to go without drug before starting IUI in September i was refused; but everybody has different cicrucmstances, so stay positive and good luck!
Ally - nice for you to join us. Not too long for you to wait now xx
Lolligirl - hope it all goes well for you xfingers
I am on clomiphene and menopur as well but i was not given the option to opt out on menopur?? Keep us posted xx

Since my last IUI cycle in September, which didn't work, i had to take a month off as i didn't have any medication to start the second cycle, so i have been on holiday and trying to relax, away from it all, as i did find myself getting nervous just by coming on the site.

I am now into my second cycle and have 2 follicles on each side, but they are not growing a great deal (between 9 and 11) and today is day 13! so they have just told me i should abandon the cycle.
i am not really pleased with this as i told them the first cycle didn't really produce anything and they told me to wait and see how i was going to react this time.
They are now sending me for a AMH test to see what dose i should be on and then i should start IVF. Funny enough, at our 1st visit, the consultant told me to pass straight to IVF if the first IUI didn't work out, but the nurse changed my mind, saying that IVF was a far heavier treatment!

I wonder why they didn't do that test in the first place?? The leaflet i was given says that it is something they recommend to everybody doing fertility treatment but i was never given the option, even it it cost £79, it should have been my choice and not theirs?!?

So i am kind of blaming them right now, because i need to blame someone and cannot take it on me ...
i did ask though if i could carry on with menopur and see if the follicles growi, so they will scan me again on Tuesday when i do the test.

Who knows, it might just happen by magic ?o(
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 9:26pm

Hi, NAmea - cycles can be so very different. On one of my cycles I did not seem to be doing anything but my doc decided to continue with the stimms for longer than normal and I finally had the IUI on day twentysomething. Unfortunately it was a bfn but the point of the story is that it does sometimes take a bit longer to get a follie up and going...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 10:07am

Hi lollygirl Iv not started yet and not sure what my stimms will be yet. I really hope to get started in Jan. OMG testing on chrissy day your brave I really hope you get a positive.

Namea - really hope u get to complete this cycle. I am surprised they never done your AMH I got mine a year agos it was 36 I think this high and Iv not started yet, I suppose everyone is different. Good luck.

Ailly x
Ailly

cher

Reg: Dec 4th 2010

Children: DS born May 2005

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 8:01pm

Hi

Has anyone had experience of IUI for secondary infertility?

We conceieved DS in out first month of trying in 2004, and have been TTC No 2 for the last 2 years. we have had lots of tests done, but they've come back with unexplained infertiity. We have our first private IUI consultation on Thurs eve and i wanted to know anyone's experiences on what to expect, and any feedback on success for people in a similar situation with us.

HOw soon is it likely to be between our first consultation and things actually getting started?

I'm excited and apprehenisve, and still unsure about whether we have made the right decision in going for IUI?

Any feedback to reassure me and calm my nerves would be appreciated!

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: Yes Please !!

Monday, December 6th 2010, 4:21pm

Hi Cher

Just wanted to say, I have had just had IUI.

I was supposed to have IVF, but i only out up 2 viable follies, so the clinic gave me the option of abandoning the cycle or have IUI.

I have had a months worth of injections and decided that with IUI at least there is chance if timed correctly. So we went ahead with the IUI last Tuesday. Currently on 2WW so praying it has worked. xfingers

If both you and your partners test have all come ok I would give IUI a chance first, then move on to IVF.

I have a very low AMH which means my ovaries are running out of eggs so IVF would have been the best route for us. Otherwise I would I gone the IUI route first off.

I hope it helps a little anyway : D

NOV/DEC 2010 1st IVF Poor Response to Stimms Converted to IUI :BFN: :bawl:

March 2011 2nd IVF BFN AF Arrived 8dp3dt ;(

3rd & Final IVF May 2011

MY DIARY

Monday, December 6th 2010, 4:31pm

Hi Cher

well its all new to me too but thought i would reply and let you know what we are doing

we are ttc #2 and have been for about 2 years too, although we know that we have a male factor issue. we are doing IUI rather than IVF (for now) as i'm the kind of person who wants to try the different stages of treatment rather than going straight for the most likely to succeed (IVF/ICSI) i know that the odds are lower for IUI but i personally feel it will be useful to see how i respond to drugs etc and also i'm nervous about all of the drugs and procedures for IVF. IUI is a lot less invasive and a lot cheaper too. i think i'll feel more accepting of IVF if we tried everything else first, not sure if that makes sense?!

We attended an IUI information session back in early November and could have started straightaway except i was already on CD5 and my cycle had started on the wrong day (they will manipulate your cycle if necessary so that insemination day is on a Mon-Fri) so that cycle was a write off . We are doing it this cycle as long as everything goes to plan.

We are going to see how things go and will move to IVF if/when we need to

Good luck for your consultation
Laura

Monday, December 6th 2010, 4:33pm

good luck and babydust allie!
Laura

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: Yes Please !!

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 2:09pm

Thanks Lolly

Wishing you lots of Luck for your journey : D

NOV/DEC 2010 1st IVF Poor Response to Stimms Converted to IUI :BFN: :bawl:

March 2011 2nd IVF BFN AF Arrived 8dp3dt ;(

3rd & Final IVF May 2011

MY DIARY

cher

Reg: Dec 4th 2010

Children: DS born May 2005

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 8:15pm

Thanks for all your comments - i think we have decided to give IUI a go and see what happens. I think taht i am just getting the jitters as now things start to seem more real! I'm excited and nervous at the same time!

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 12:00am

Hi everybody

Just wanted to say hi to you all and good luck for your journey. Unfortunately my treatment has been stopped as I am not responding to the drugs so I have to wait and see the consultant again and see what is next. The appointment they gave me today was may 2011! I did not stand for it so they said there was a cancellation at the end of January, which is better. However still have to wait and time is just passing by.

I have to say i am devastated and have not stopped crying today but on the positive,I will be able to get hammered for Christmas :P

Cher coming back to your question, this was my second cycle of iui and the first time I only produced one follicle and it was negative.
We had a few appointments with the consultant until everything was confirmed to us in June. We then attended the info session in august and started treatment straight away but my period didn't fall on the right dates so I had to wait another month.
As you can see it was quite quick for us, but I suppose it all depends on your clinic.

There a lot of positive stories on the forum so try not to worry too much, easily said but you will need all the positive you can get during the treatment.

Take care all of you and sending you lots of :sticky:
:xxx3:
Namea

TTC since August 2008
bab21 and bab22

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 5:30pm

Namea - Hope you have a great Christmas and that your treatment plan moves forward quickly in the new year. The waiting is such a pain.

So i had a CD11 scan today, only 1 dominant follicle (i am on 50mg clomid) which was a bit disappointing as i had 2 dominant follicles during a tracked cycle a few months back. Another 2 follicles measured 10.5 and 12, the nurse mentioned that these might develop??
IUI is Friday pm so i have to do the HCG shot tonight. When will i ovulate now?

Bit confused with it all in terms of timings and follicle sizes :huh:
Laura

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 7:28pm

Ah, Namea
So sorry to hear that. Was really hoping the the scan would bring you some better news. Be good to yourself and try your best to rest and enjoy Christmas so that come Jan you will be ready to start up again...
Hugz

Saturday, December 11th 2010, 4:10pm

Thanks Rene. I am now focusing on Xmas as all my family is coming over so will be really busy in the kitchen.
Lollygirl I am not too sure how long it takes for you to ovulate after trigger shot but please share your info when u find out as i did wonder last time but forgot to ask the nurse.

Take care all of you and good luck.
Namea

TTC since August 2008
bab21 and bab22

Saturday, December 11th 2010, 5:24pm

Namea - my clinic aren't very forthcoming with information, i think they expect me to want to be in blissful ignorance!

So from what Dr Google tells me :rollseyes: ovulation is 36-48 hrs after HCG shot and follicles grow 1-2 mm per day

My IUI went well and DP's SA looked pretty good after the wash!

Trying to put it out of my mind for at least part of the day (!) and get on with Christmas stuff now

Hope your Xmas plans are going well :) :)
Laura

Thursday, December 16th 2010, 7:12pm

Hi to all the IUI girlies :hi:

Lolly girl - Is that you on the 2WW now ? gd luck when u testing ?

Namea - Sorry treatment stopped, I hope u continue early 2011.x

Cher - Good luck with IUI let us know how you get on.

allie - (similar names eh !) Sorry about BFN whatsnext for u ?

AFM- I had my consultation a few weeks ago and my AF arrived on my 30th Birthday Great eh ! so I managed to get a date the 21 st Dec to collect nasel spray and start in on 27 Dec so its full steam ahead for me.x

Ailly xmas34 :xmastree:
Ailly

Sunday, December 19th 2010, 3:04pm

Hi everyone

Ailly - Hope you have a fun Xmas and happy you have lots to look forward to afterwards! Best of luck for 2011 :)

I am 9dpo now - feeling pretty normal. they didn't give me a test date but i think its takes 10 or so days for the HCG shot to be out of my system? I'm really hoping to wait until Boxing Day - if AF doesn't show first.

I didn't have to sniff - just had clomid and HCG shot.......we will do Menopur next cycle though to get some more follies. I don't understand all these different drug protocols :S

babydust smile2
Laura

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, December 19th 2010, 5:23pm

Hiya, LollyGirl
If your clinic didn't give you a test date then it would probably be safe to test between day 14 and 16 post Ov - Christmas eve to Boxing day. Good luck, Hun

Monday, December 20th 2010, 9:16pm

Thanks Rene

I am going to try very hard to wait until Boxing day, although i have some AF symptoms today and just don't feel i will get that far. I always get the same during luteal phase but they don't consider it to be significant, and maybe it isn't? Officially we 'just' have a male factor issue.

how's everyone else? x
Laura

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Tuesday, December 21st 2010, 11:03am

Hunny, I had AF symptoms up till a few weeks after my BFP (so many years ago now) to the point that I was convinced that I would get a negative result so symptoms mean little or nothing at this point. Just take it day by day and enjoy being PUPO for now... :)

Tuesday, December 21st 2010, 4:41pm

Hi girls

I collected my suff today, 1 week till I start. My AMH also dropped from 36 to now 21 in a year, i know its a normal reading but such a drop.

Anyway good luck everyone & Merry Chrissy :xmas3: :xmas2: :xmastree: :xmas6: :xmas5: xmas38

Ailly x
Ailly

Tuesday, December 21st 2010, 10:23pm

Rene - thankyou. i know, i was just the same when i was pg with my DS (he is a lttle younger than your DS). I am spotting now, 11dpo, like normal. However i also did that in my BFP cycle and was 100% sure that AF was on the way. Gah!

Ailly - thats good news for you :) hope that 2011 is a happy year for you
Laura

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, December 26th 2010, 9:32am

Merry Christmas, Ladies. Hope that you all had a wonderful day yesterday...

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Saturday, January 1st 2011, 10:15am

Hello, all - your new IUI chat page can be found here:
IUI Chat 2011

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE