You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ALI 27" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2008

Children: 1 dd

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 7:02am

Help Swallowed Toothpaste!

Hi everyone

I think I have done something really stupid - last night when i was brushing my teeth instead of spitting when i was rinsing I swallowed it. It suddenly occurred to me for the first time that toothpaste could be harmful. The problem is I haven't been thinking of this when brushing my teeth and have probably done it before loads of times. I am nine weeks. I cant believe that I have been so stupid considering how careful I have been otherwise about what I can and cant eat and chemicals etc. I was up all last night worrying.

Do you think I have done any harm and should i mention it to my Doctor?

Thanks

Ali :sadface:

10 Cycles of clomid - all BFN
IVF Oct/Nov 08 Origin -BFN
2nd IVF OCT 09 -BFN
Shock natural BFP Feb 10

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 7:33am

Ali, calm down! Unless you've eaten boxes and boxes of toothpaste, you haven't done you or your unborn baby any harm!

Young children swallow mouthfuls of toothpaste water every day of the week as they are learning to clean their teeth, without any harm being done.

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 7:56am

Breathe Ali, breathe!

You're fine lovely. A bit of toothpaste won't hurt you or your baby! My 17 month old baby swallows loads of the stuff every day as she hasn't got to grips with spitting it yet!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

• "ALI 27" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2008

Children: 1 dd

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 8:15am

Thanks guys. Got myself in a right state - I was googling it and there was very little on it - everybody seems to know not to swallow it :O (except me obviously) - but not the possible effects. I will try to calm down!

10 Cycles of clomid - all BFN
IVF Oct/Nov 08 Origin -BFN
2nd IVF OCT 09 -BFN
Shock natural BFP Feb 10

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 8:17am

Chill Ali,
Before I knew I was pregnant first time round I went out with the girls and had LOTS to drink, I then took ibuprofen in the morning for a hangover. That eveing I had swordfish for my tea followed by brie and crackers washed down with half a bottle of rioja and a couple of large brandies. Then more ibuprofen on the Sunday morning for another hangover. My baby is now 3 1/2 years old and perfect! Yours will be fine too. Of course I am not recommending that you have toothpaste on toast for breakfast everyday but please don't worry that you have done any harm.
x

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 9:39am

And besides, you'll make up for it when the morning sickness kicks in and you can't even look at a toothpaste tube. You'll be glad you stocked up on flouride :snigger:

Sorry, that isn't helpful at all but I bet there are loads of ladies nodding in agreement..... :laugh:

I hope you've stopped panicking now? Honestly, if swallowing toothpaste had any side effects, in todays litigious society, you'd only be able to buy it on the black market. Don't worry love x

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 6:08pm

Yup, the toothpaste and I are currently not friends :snigger:

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12