You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "melanie1975" started this thread

Reg: Mar 22nd 2010

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 2:50pm

East of England NHS Trust - change of contract!

Hi,

This is just information for anyone who is a patient under the East of England NHS trust, but just to let you know that we now have to wait 6 months in between cycles, this recently changed from 3 months!

Its a real joke, its unbelieveable that they dont even tell patients about this. I for one am appealing and will refuse to wait 6 months as im sure many other women in my position will also feel the same.

Thanks

Mel

xx
Mel

x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 4:49pm

Can I ask who has told you that? Are you sure? I have not heard anything at all. It is very worrying.

• "melanie1975" started this thread

Reg: Mar 22nd 2010

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 9:27pm

my husband emailed Barts on monday and asked them to confirm that we would only have to wait 3 months til we can start our next course of IVF and Barts replied stating that our PCT has now changed it so we now have to wait 6 months rather than three. Barts confirmed this in an email to us. If you are worried maybe you should try emailing/calling your hospital where you are having treatment, they may tell you different.
x
Mel

x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 6:02pm

Thanks Mel. It is worrying.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, July 28th 2011, 9:13am

new changes to the East of Englan contract-June 2011

Hi girls,
here is the link to the new PCT funding criteria for East Anglia: http://www.eoescg.nhs.uk/Libraries/Polic…_2011.sflb.ashx

The main differences are:
1) 6 months wait between fresh cycles only if the woman is under 38 years of age
2) The definition of fresh cycle is from when you start stimming, so cancelled cycles now count as fresh cycles, while before they didn't. You still get a max of 6 ET, max 3 Fresh cycles, including cancelled ones. So if you don't respond to the drugs and they cancel the cycle it still counts, while before a fresh cycle was counted only if you got to e/c.
3) If the woman turns up to be a poor responder to stimming drugs they may recommend donor eggs tx, rather than own eggs tx before the 3 fresh cycles are completed. My understanding of this is they they can withdraw the funding if you don't respond to stimming drugs.
4) IUI is not longer offered, unless in exceptional circumstances.

The review day for this policy is March 2012.

Hope this helps.
:xxx:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Maria72" (Jul 28th 2011, 9:15am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE