You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 44 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "clairise" started this thread

Reg: Feb 20th 2010

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 9:21pm

Confused about PCOS

Hi Everyone,

Hope you don't mind me asking some questions as I am so confused. Ive not been diagnoised with this condition, however I had an AMH test done a few months ago. My doctor called to say this was 'normal' however I have received the results and my score was 48.73 - and on the chart, 28-48.5 is called as optima fertility and anything higher could suggest PCOS! So I am very confused about why he is insisting I am normal if I am outside the normal bracket?

I have had a pelvic can and on one ovary there were four small follicles but the doctor seemed to think that would cause no problems. However I still feel utterly confused! by results.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Thanks Claire x
BFP 20th March 2010...and on constant knicker watch!!! xx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 12:08pm

Hiya!

Didn't want to read and run!!

Firstly welcome to FZ!!! I hope you like it here!!

Have you been reffered to a fertility clinic or gyne or is this just your GP?

It took me 2 and a half years to be diagnosed with PCO.

From your results you're literally 0.22 over so I think this is why the doctor said its normal.

I have cysts on just 1 ovary. In PCO the cysts on the ovary appear like a 'string of pearls.'

Do you have any other symptoms at all?

If this is your GP then you really want to be getting reffered. I don't have any other symptoms of PCOS, I'm not overweight, I don't have excess hair. I just don't ovulate and don't have AF's. Have you had a day 21 progesterone test done to confirm ovulation? Also do you have regular cycles?

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 1:16pm

Thank you sooooooo much for replying!

I have worked myself into a little panic. No I went to fertiltiy centre to get checked out as I am a paranoid worrier and after a few months of trying I dragged me and the other half to get some tests done! Lol.

I have regular periods of 31-34 days usually. I did have an internal scan to check everything out, they said everything looked fine. Although the nurse did comment that there were four small follicles on one ovary, I asked if this ok and she just shrugged and said some times it can cause problems if there are lots of them! When I asked the doctor he just said it was nothing to worry about at that amount.

Its just the blood results have worried me a little bit...sorry if I sound pathetic! Just confused me as being told I am normal but those results we pretty high.

Claire x

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 4:48pm

Hiya,

From what I can see the results of your AMH are only a smidgen over normal, and I'm guessing that these vary depending on when you have them taken. And don't forget, everyone is different. You're results are just on the high side of normal. They're not on the high side of high. And with only 4 little cysts, it could be that you were scanned as your follies were growing perhaps? Usually in PCO the ovaries are covered with cysts. Also you don't ovulate. which usually results in no periods. Do you have any other symptoms of PCOS?? The weight, the hair etc.

Also if you've been ttc for just a few months I wouldn't panic just yet either. It can take a 'normal' person up to 2 years to conceive naturally when they are perfectly fine.

I know you have had a scan but have you had day 21 progesterone bloods done to check that you are ovulating? If these are ok and you are ovulating then there is every chance that you become pg very soon. Unfortunately it does just take time.

From what you've said about the AMH I woudn't worry about it, as they do seem to be within normal range all be it a smidgen over. If they were worried they would do further investigations. And especially as this is a fertility doctor you've spoken to.

The other thing is that if you stress about it it will make it harder as you'll worry more and more. I know its easier said than done though.

:hugs:

P.S. Its a bit quiet here at the weekend so if I've missed anything at all someone will be along to fill in the gaps.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 8:08pm

Hiya,

This site is really helpful! Everyone seems to know so much, I was no naive about this whole thing to be honest - I honestly just though one go and poof nine months later a littler bundle of joy! Hmm

I know you are right as it was a fertility doctor who did the tests I expect that they would have wanted to do more investigations with regards pcos. But I am one of those worriers unfortunetly, and combine that with ttc! Well I must the worse patient ever.

No I don't have any symptons such as being over weight or facial hair, and I do have periods each month either 31-34 days. I did have an unplanned M/C about five years ago I was only 21 and didn't have a clue I was pregnant! They didn't seem too bother about doing the 21 prostegone test, but for peace of mind I might ask for it!

Thanks again for replying...I see you have a little one, abolutely gorgeous : )

Thanks
Claire x