You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Michelle

• "Michelle" started this thread

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 10:24am

Glasgow Royal Infirmary - Treatment feedback and chat **NO PREGNANCY CHAT PLEASE**

A new thread for your feedback and discussions on treatment at GRI :smile:

The old thread can be found here
Glasgow Royal Infirmary

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Michelle" (Mar 13th 2010, 10:32am)

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 10:36am

ooooh a shiney new thread!!!!!!! cheers michelle

bringing the new GRI post some :cheeers: :bbq: :chocs: :flowerbasket: :wine: (for those not stimming) :rainbow: :cheers: (for the lads)
and babydust

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 11:22am

Morning ladies,

Oh too much for me on a Sat morning, had to look three times before I realised there was a new thread! Very sparkly and new! I'll try and remember the posts!

ICISI - YAY :happydance: !!! So glad the :witch: has finally found you and your body is doing what it should! Yay, I hope this is the end of the road for you and you get that well deserved :BFP:! Oh and don't let dh anywhere near you for anything other tha n cuddles!

Shirlz - Yay for you too! glad she arrived and you can get started now! Third time lucky!

Pinkdaisy - I wouldn't worry about it too much but can't hurt to call them and just let them know, better safe than sorry.

Lainey - YAY! Welcome to the PUPO club! Lets rock this 2ww and show them who's boss!

Sorry I can't remember the rest of the posts, but hope everyone is well and has a good wkend ahead!

AFM - did first pessary this morning, got up, did snuff, popped pessary in, and a pantyliner, and went back to bed for 2 1/2 hrs! Fab! Was yucky when I eventually went to the loo tho, nice! Not much planned today, may pop t Braehead, have some shoes I need re-heeled and need to get some keys cut. Otherwise just more chilling! Wish I didn't have to go back to work on Monday!

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Feb 13th 2009

Children: NONE YET

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 11:32am

Hello all

I havent been on for a while, but just want to say congratulations to Julz and Lainey for being PUPO xxx

Hello Shirlz how you doing?

Wishing everyone else all the best xxxx

ME 29 - FINE - NEED TO LOOSE 3 STONES
DF 30 - LOW SPERM COUNT,
TTC 4 YEARS - TREATMENT ICSI SOMETIME IN 2010 xfingers
ONE DAY WE WILL BE PARENTS X

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: fingers crossed soon x x

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 2:27pm

Afternoon Laidies!!!! Well only 1 day into the 2ww and I am already bored bored bored. Am no longer cramping and that little bit of blood about and hour and a half after the procedure seems to be it. Like you guys said must've been cause my cervix was not cooperating. have had nothing since. Just watched a rubbish film and am actually sleepy again. Think will have a shower and as its such a lovely day think will go sit outside for a while with a good book :books: and some tunes. :cheeers:

Icsi - happydance clap woohoo [zx245] she arrived and your ovaries finally started to behave!!!!!

Julz - :2ww [zx251] fingers crossed this will be our time. when's your otd? Mine is the 29th (2 days after my birthday - so maybe a belated birthday pressie will come my way.) feels so weird not to be sniffing etc

Well better go shower before get too lazy..... zzzz zzzz

lurve and :hugs: to all
IUI 1 :BFN: IUI 2 :BFN: IUI 3 :BFN: Waiting on IVF

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 3:42pm

hey pixie, high5 am so glad the [zx245] has arrived!! yeehaa!! and am glad DH and MIL have arrived too hope you hav a geed weekend and tuesday gets even closer x

shirlz am glad the [zx245] found you too - where does this take you now? do you have appts at GRI?

hey pinkchick, am good, feeling like things are dragging but i think its cuz am in a pure lazy mood lol, next appointment is 31st march to discuss bloods and get the final consent form done then i just need to wait on AF, which am hoping will be around the 8th/9th April - i really hope i can get booked in first time :pray: so 18 days till my next appt xx

hey pinkdaisy brekkie this morning was a soft boiled egg with toast soldiers!! i was up with the birds this morning and decided to make an effort with my brekkie!! what did you have? :coffee:

well girls i think we are having a wee bevy :cheers: in the house followed with a night on the wii (we are so competitive its UNREAL!!) nerner

hope you all have a good/relaxing/enjoyable weekend xx happydance happydance happydance
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 5:21pm

Hi girls,

Three cheers for AF for Pixie and Shirlz...hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!! :weehee: You must both be so relieved!
Roll on your appts next week so you can get on with things.

Confused - your brekkie sounds way more exciting than mine, I had muesli and toast even though I was up at about 6.30, I was feeling a bit lazy. Then I was off out to meet my sis and go for coffee (decaf is just not the same). :riv: I think our night might be much the same as yours - minus the wine too....oh dear! I've been drinking Bottle Green Ginger and Lemongrass cordial with soda water and it's really lovely with a few wee crisps too. What you playing on the wii? We got competitive with the KungFu on the wii Fit plus. What a pair of saddos!

Lainey - so glad you are feeling better, oh the worries we have at each stage. I'm getting a bit nervous about next week, but good nervous at the moment - a bit like Christmas excitement! Did you go out? I thought the wind was still a bit icy. :blizzard:

Pixie, I think you are right (again!) about me being a bit stressed. It is very stressful just waiting to see what kind of symptoms, twinges, pains and general reactions the drugs will have and anything minor seems to set off an alarm in my head. Still having the odd flush at night but last night woke at 2ish feeling really sick and felt like my tummy had been pumped up. Doing the jags at 9pm so wondered if it was that kicking in. Then was getting some weird twinges and feelings when I got up this morning...ANYWAY!...a few trips to the loo later (sorry TMI) I feel soooooo much better!!! :cheese: Wondering if the iron supplement is bagging me up? So will see how the jag goes tonight and if I'm not great again I'll maybe give them a call, but I do feel a LOT better! Thanks for all your advice girls!

Currently watching This Morning that I recorded on Monday - Dr Robert Winston and a girl from Eastenders talking about IVF and ICSI. I'm sure it will still be available online. That's why this post has taken me soooooo long to write.

Speak soon!

:xxx3:

Julz - did you buy anything exciting? I can't face the crowds on a Saturday unless I'm there by 10am! Hate queues!

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: 1 daughter 20yrs old

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 10:45pm

Hi all, not posted for a while, great to see so many people moving forward with their tx. Pixie and Shirlz great news about af :party: . Julz and lLainey hope your 2ww flies by with great news at the end :angel2: .
Hope everyone else is good and the best of luck :hugs: .
AFM: Prostap 28th, time has came really quickly and im afraid i wont be able to drop anymore weight, my BMI is now a whopping 33 :tears: ,
im scared it increases and i will have to wait again, God i hope not, im really trying, any suggestions? Iv cut out bread and trying not to eat after 6pm but im struggling, my willpower has up and left!!! :row: , got the exercise bike out and gona get 20 mins a day.
Any advice welcome xXx
magzz

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "magzz" (Mar 13th 2010, 10:49pm)

Julz

Ace

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 9:03am

Morning ladies!

Well I felt like I had slept for an age and it's not even 9am! But I did fall asleep just before 10pm last night! I have been sleeping like a trooper through this tx! Ah well! Hoping it lets my body concentrate on other things ;)

Maggz - not long at all. Don't worry about your bmi, you'll be fine, remember Christine was literally just under 35 and they still went ahead. You have enough to stress about and at this point you're not going to make a huge difference to it. I'm happy to advise, dh is a sports scientist so has gone through many routines with me. Can I ask what your normal eating habits are through the day? Then we can look at what you can alter, and how much exercise do you do? Besides, you'll soon be knocked up and it won't matter!

Lainey - glad everything has one away now. I know how you feel re the 2ww, I feel the same. Are you back at work on Monday? I am and part of me is happy to go back to keep busy but also part of me wants to stay home! Let's hope the rest of it starts to fly by! My OTD is the 25th. Hoping it is a delayed bday pressie for dh who's bday was the day after insem. Fingers crossed you both get a wonderful belated bday pressie. Will you be testing before the bloods? (did you before?) I'm in two minds, def taking the day off as last time was so devastated I had to go home. But then kinda wanna hold out as long as poss in case it is BFN. Who knows. Maybe if it doesn't work af will show first (last time it as a wk late but still BFN)

Sharon - WB!!! Where have you been? Seen you browsing every so often. How are you holding up? Any news on starting tx?

Confused - fingers crossed you get booked in this time!!

Pinkdaisy - oohhh that sounds interesting, will see if I can get it online. Didn't buy anything nice, well got to look at baby stuff cause had a few pressies to get. Otherwise just put my boots in to be reheeled - it was heaving.

Well not much planned for today. Sun seems to be trying to wiggle it's way through the clouds.

Love luck and babyust to all.

Jxx

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 10:26am

Hello

Thanks Julz, i am still trying to loose the weight before anything can happen with me but my last 3 appointments have been cancelled, just before i am due to attend GRI but was only attending for a chat and a catch up. but i am due to go back on 27th April at 2.30pm. But i know nothing will happen until i loose this f***ing weight, the more and more i think about it i really start to panic and its like panic and i go in to self distruct mode and nothing happens i go from one extreme to the other, anyway enough about me, how you getting on?

Yeh to ICSI and Shilrz for AF finally finding you both xxx

I have a new Laptop now so i will be on all the time (lol) DF will need to fight me for it. xxx

DF 30 - LOW SPERM COUNT,

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 12:33pm

Hi all, havent posted on this for a while. Had a real shitty week tbh. My best mate lost her mother, so have spent most of the week with her. Funeral was on friday, but with it bein mothers day today were gonny go out for a nice walk with her kids. Hopefully the sunshine will cheer her up a tad.

so much happening on here - including a new thread gawd that confused me for a Sunday !!!!

Woo Hoo to ICSI and SHirlz for the old witch arriving ! Glad DH is back with you ICSI, hoping you all having a nice weekend together.
Magzz - hope time flies in btwn now and 28th, its good your finally gettin moving with things.

PInkdaisy , Flower power and those PUPO - hopefully next Mothers Day youll all be cuddling your little ones .
And Happy Mothers Day to Christine!

AFM - just waiting on AF at end of month to hopefully get booked in this time. I just feel as If everyone is moving on with things and Im still stuck in this rut.
Anyhoo, just a quick post, popping out now before the sun disappears.

Love to all, wee yin x

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Julz

Ace

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 1:38pm

Oh Sharon, sorry you're having such a hard time of it. I know it's easier said than done but stay strong and positive, you have already done so well with the weight loss and you will get there. You can't let yourself get into self distruct mode and when you feel it coming you have to give yourself a good talking to and pull your socks up and get back to it. It will be worth it in the end. Or you can come on here, have a rant and we will give you a good talking too, a kick up the backside and a bucket load of PMA! You will get there along with the rest of us! :hugs: I'm ok hon, can't remember the last time you were on, but basically in Nov, we went to the GCRM for ICSI cause we kept getting delayed at the GRI, everything was text book perfect only embie didn't stick. So now back at the GRI for our first IUI and hoping for a miracle, in the dreaded 2ww. Fingers crossed!

Wee yin - Don't feel left behind, sad reality is some of us might be back with you next month :( (hopefully not!)and you will be right behind us with your :BFP:! Sorry about your friend's mum, that's really sad, and so close to mother's day as well. Hope you manage to cheer her up a bit. I tried to explain to DH that 'might' be a mummy at the moment and what nice thing was he going to do for me today? Yeah, as suspected, bugger all! He's taken over the couch watching the grand prix, ah well, what did I expect!

Christine - Happy 1st Mother's Day!

Off to do some online browsing, need a new chest of drawers for our pants n socks, the one we have is over flowing and I can't fit all the socks in!! Grrr!

Happy Sunday to all!

Jxx

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 1:50pm

ICSI- :weehee: So happy things are heading the right way for you chick. What happens now, do you have a scan soon? Sorry if you've already said and I just haven't noticed.

Confused- Not long till your appointment then all the formalities will be out of the way and hopefully you'll be DR with the nasty hot flushes before you know it!!!

Pinkdaisy- How's the bloating? Did you phone the clinic?

Weeyin- Your poor friend, what a horrible time, esp so close to mothers day. I lost my mum 5 years ago and days like today are still a bit tough. xfingers you'll get booked on this cycle. At least if you don't then they have to book you on for the next cycle anyway.

Magzz- Hey chick, oh not be long now till your jab. As for the weight loss, I normally do it by reducing my carbs, lots of exercise, fruit and green tea.

Lainey- oh dear, bored already? You'll need to find something to keep you busy.

Oh well- it appears i've kinda been bannished to the other thread :tear: I do like chatting with all you guys but I can understand why they've done it. I'll still pop in and see how you're all getting on and hopefully you'll all be joining me soon on the Glasgow Royal pregnancy thread. :wave:
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 2:44pm

That's excellent news ICSI!!!! I have been bannished to the other thread, but just wanted to say how glad I am that things seem to finally be moving in the right direction for you. Good luck to everyone else going through treatment too, hope all your BFP's come very soon. xxx

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: fingers crossed soon x x

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 4:10pm

Well helloooo ladies. How are we all this fine Sunday? Have been abandoned by dh - he's gone to see his mum and gran on mothers day - should be back soon.

Julz - the 2ww is the pits. humph I am not going back to work til mid week happydance Hubby has instructed me to relax - although easier said than done . Have found a website that streams loads of programmes so might catch up on some I've fallen behind on like heroes or desperate housewives...have also got loads of books that I really should get to work on - but my concentration span is so short at the moment.

Magz - sorry that your get up and go for weight loss has got up and gone. I know how that feels -my focus has gone through the whole process of tx. Example: I have just finished a whole bowl of butter popcorn. Just passed by the fruit bowl and put the calorie laden snack in the microwave. How did it go with the bike?

SSSmithy - the more you over think it sometimes the harder it is. (I know I'm just pointing out the obvious) I know personally I am one of those people if you tell me I can't have the popcorn then I start to crave it. Then when I've had it (like today) its not as nice as I thought it was going to be.

Weeyin - sorry to hear about your mum's mother. its tough - I'm going up to the cemetery today to place some flowers on my own mum's grave (I lost her 4 years ago) and I find it hard at best of times but days like today are especially hard. hopefully the walk and her family will help her feel a bit better.

AFM - well like I've said my attention span is that of a 2 year old with a whole room full of new toys. Don't know what to do first and spend that much time trying to choose something most of my day has gone. There's so much pressure to relax...I am not used to so much down time.

How's everyone else doin?
IUI 1 :BFN: IUI 2 :BFN: IUI 3 :BFN: Waiting on IVF

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 8:08pm

Hey ladies I hope yr all ok, nt poping in 4 long 2nite.

Weeyin, mayb u + me wil b cycle buddies? Am due at the beginning of april, am hopin a can get bookd in.

Had a bit o a shit day 2day, had a headche frm hell. Dh came home frm tescos early an gave me the glee cd and said happy mothers day, lets hope nxt year we can spoil u as a family. Well that jst set me off, its stil settng me off! So am in bed wae a mcflurry watchin celeb come dine with me.

Good luck 2all the ladies up at gri this wk x x x
Confused.com

Sunday, March 14th 2010, 8:45pm

Oh Confused, you poor pet!
I just had a wee peek online and you set me off again. I've already had a couple of moments today, I think the first was when Weeyin hoped that we would all be Mums next Mother's day and then those who posted that they have lost their mums.....oh it's been a stange old day. Hope you perk up soon and thanks for your good wishes to us for this week. Here's some chocs to go with your McFlurry!! :chocs:

Pinkchick - I'm feeling so much better thanks. The bloating has gone and I got a bit more sleep last night which makes all the difference. DH says he can tell my hormones are on the up as I'm back to being a pain in the a**! Started on the nasal spray today too. Yuk! How are you keeping? Shame we're being split up - I'll need to pop in to the other thread for a wee nosey now and again.

Magzz - I read about someone losing weight by simply cutting everything they ate by half....half portions of whatever you eat basically (and drink loads of water). One finger of a Kit Kat and save the rest til the next day! Good luck!

Lainey - get yourself a pile of magazines, that usually keeps me happy for a bit.

Weeyin - cheer up, it's not long til the end of the month now...half way there!

Julz - can't you just clear out some pants and socks?....or are you like me and just fancy something new?!!

Hope everyone is well...Monday tomorrow which is a bit pants but it's one step closer to our aim for all of us!! Ooooo, that's a wee bit philosophical for a Sunday night.

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Children: 1 daughter 20yrs old

Monday, March 15th 2010, 2:45pm

Hi all, Thanks for all the advice re weight loss, as Julz said i dont really think much is gona change in 2 weeks so im just gonna continue to cut down and do bit more exercise. To be honest iv not done any exercise since last failed tx, i think everything just went out the window for me at that time, but im not giving up that easy :no: , cant change the past only learn from it.

I hope everone is good and the 2wwers are holding up :hugs:

Good luck to all xXx
magzz

Monday, March 15th 2010, 4:18pm

Hi girls how are we all doing today?

Julz and Lainey thanks for the support with regards to my weight and to everyone else who has given lots of advice along the way, i was very good today someone handed in a big box of Mini Heroes today for me but i have given them out to everyone else in the office. :thumbsup:

Must go but will log on later tonight to see how you all are. xxx

Sharon xx

DF 30 - LOW SPERM COUNT,

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Monday, March 15th 2010, 6:08pm

Hi girlies ! Ok, I some advise........
My lovely friend has organised a long weekend away on 23rd April for 4 days, and I took a pure panic - what if Im at hospital for something.

You see, my period is due about 27th March, so if I get booked in this time (fingers crossed) when is it I go for 1st jag thingy, and then how long after that before Im back at hospital.???
Just got myself in a bit of a tizzy, cos Im not sure if I have to be at hospital on exact days or not, and plus my friend dosent know about this.....yet !!!

HELP !!! Shes already booked and paid for the flights !!

Phew...anyhoo, hope your all having a lovely day, even if its Monday !

Wee Yin xx

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

United Kingdom

Monday, March 15th 2010, 6:33pm

g'd afternoon ladies

pinkdaisy i hope the sniffing is going well- i have had the sniffles for the past 2 weeks and just cant shift it so hope it is gone before i need to start sniffing- the thought of sniffing stuff up my nose repulses me as much as the needles!!

magzz - was it you worried about your BMI? i have never been weighed since my BMI was deemed ok in jan 08 (tho i am getting close to 35 again, oh dear) the only time you get weighed again (unless you have gained loads) is the morning of EC so they can get the drugs for sedation right for you.

weeyin you get your prostap jab on cd21 so when af finds you it is 20 days later. but the clinic will keep you right. if cd21 falls at the weekend you may have it on day 20. and you will get a date for your baseline scan/new start date 2-3 weeks after the prostap.

lainey n julz i hope you are resting as much as possible and sending positive vibes to your tums

sharon well done you avoiding the munchies, you should be so proud of yourself

we were sledging at xcape today then went for a tgi fridays late lunch - was lush and my last pig out ever (so i say!!!)
hope to go swimming/skating tomorrow or wednesday so i get my thrills before i need to be careful.

good luck for tomorrow pixie, i hope the scan goes well and you get the go ahead. how was af? i had a very short AF this time and i hope i am not made to wait longer, it has been 3 weeks already!

xXx

Reg: Mar 15th 2010

Monday, March 15th 2010, 8:14pm

Hi everyone

I am new to this so not sure if i am even posting in the correct bit. I am attending GRI for IUI then on to IVF, I have had 2 IUI's now and I am due back on Wednesday for my blood test but expecting bad news again as I have terrible cramps :-(

Can anyone tell me how long you need to wait after IUI before they start you on IVF

Wish I had found this earlier

xxxx

:jilly:
babydust

BFP 18/11/13 - so excited

Beautiful baby girl born 12/7/14 bab10

Monday, March 15th 2010, 9:44pm

Evening all!

Starting to feel human again at last, thank goodness! How's everyone else?

Magzz and Smithy, I think you are right - a PMA and a lot of will power can work wonders! Good luck to you both. :thumbsup:

Weeyin, it sounds like you got yourself in a bit of a pickle there with those flights, but what a lovely friend you have - I could be doing with a friend like that! Hope you get it sorted. I had to go for first jag on day 21 - day1 being first day of AF, then back for scan and bloods after about 23 days, but that varies depending on your first bloods I think (I think it could be as little as 14 days or as many as 28, but I'm still learning!). Looks like you could get into difficulties with dates...best phone and check at hosp.

Shirlz - sniffing is yuk, I was more worried about that than the needles as I can't even use Vicks Nasal spray, but it's not too awful - don't like it though. How are you doing? Are you in on Wednesday again? Fingers crossed you can get started.

Pixie - good luck tomorrow, hope scan goes well. xfingers

Hi Liz and welcome - sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down, good luck on Wednesday, I hope it's good news. Sorry I can't answer your question though. ?o(

Just one question ladies - I drew blood tonight with the needle, just a bit of a scratch I think but DH is away and I was having a wee panic, was also worried I did it a bit too low, but I should be ok, right? Please say yes!! Still on my tummy, just a bit lower. Yeh, I'll be fine, ok I've convinced myself. Right?! :snigger:

Hi to everyone else - bit quiet here tonight.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 7:28am

Good luck 4 today pixie, a wil b thinkin of u hon x x
Confused.com

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 9:45am

Good luck for today ICSI Pixie, thinking of you xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 9:56am

pinkdaisy i think someone else drew blood when they did a jab before and were told it is fine. as you are injecting into tissue rather than veins it doesnt matter if you find blood, but check with the GRI if you are worried just to be safe.

hi liz, good to speak to you. sadly i wasnt an ivf/iui candidate due to MF so i dont know the timings between iui and ivf starting. but i hope the cramps are a good sign - LO snuggling in and getting comfy!! what time are you in on wednesday? i should be there just before 10am with DF (woohoo he doesnt get to attend many appointment s due to his job!)

pixie i hope it goes well at your appointment today, thinking of you

AFM the sledging i did yesterday aggrivated a hereditary condition (knee keeps locking and did it 4 times on the slope) the GP has fobbed me off in the past as ive never gone to him when it is sore so i am going this morning as i need pain relief. suppose i should also contact the gri just to check what i am allowed during stimms!
the swelling has gone down a little but walking is sore! grrrr i wanted to go ice skating tomorrow!! xmas47

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 7:14pm

Hi everyone

Well one more day to go, but i had to test this morning! could'nt wait and it was as I expected A BFN !!!!!!! but will wait until tomorrow to have it confirmed. So it's back to start for me again, not looking forward to injecting myself again :-(

Thanks for the welcome pinkdaisy and Shirlz my app is at 8:30am tomorrow nice and early and just in time for all that lovely rush hour traffic!!!

Talk yo you later

xxxxx

babydust

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 8:02am

:hello: ladies :wave:

Welcome Liz and Sharon. I'm so sorry Liz for your outcome :sadface: sorry I can't help with your question re: timing between IUI/IVF. DH and I were due to start IUI until the day we went back for our results and we were told the devastating news of DH's SA, so it was straight to IVF with ICSI for us. Somehow, I don't think after you've tried as many IUI's as they allow (3?) that you'd be kept waiting that much longer. Once you're actually in the system and on their books, things tend to go through quicker. I hope you can find some distraction and get a new plan of treatment in place, even although you wont be feeling up to it right now, just having something to aim towards again can sometimes help. Big hugs [zx127]

Shirlz-- sorry about your knee, that sounds awful :sadface: I think it's your scan today? ?( If so, good luck hon and hope you can start stimming at last!! [zx127]

Julz and Lainey-- hope you're both not going too insane on the 2ww :loony:

Pinkdaisy-- glad you're feeling better hon :happy: Re: the needle drawing blood, don't worry, totally normal. You probably hit a small blood vessel and it really doesn't matter where on the abdomen you inject, it all goes in regardless. DH once hit a blood vessel on my stimming and the blood actually shot out for a second. I totally freaked :snigger:

Wee Yin, Magzz, Confused, Flowerpower(and Daffyman), Christine, judgejules, Roseytoes, Pinkchick, Puppy Luv (and anyone else whom I've missed unintentionally), waves and hugs all round :hugs:

AFM-- thanks ladies for all your good wishes for yesterday. went in for scan and there were still two huge follies on one ovary, although they had 'shrunk' to 28mm and 26mm :rolleyes: The nurse who scanned me, said things were heading in the right direction and to continue with the snuff for another week and be re-scanned next week :what: I've already been down-regging for four weeks :cross: I told her that I felt much better and how I'm 'supposed' to feel this week, ie hot flushes, major headaches and generally like :hairout and that I was sure my E2 levels woudl have come right down by now, and since AF is STILL here (boy she's an evil one this time :bawl: ), the last two follicles were probably ready to collapse and weren't producing oestrogen like last time. Got the call around 1.30 and my E2 levels were 60 woohoo woohoo So it's full steam ahead today with the Progynova (HRT basically) and still continue with the snuff. Next scan 29th March and hope to see a lovely thick fluffy lining, ready for transfer of two ickle embies :weehee: What a rollercoaster, I'm exhausted but so relieved that something is going right for once biggrin2 Sorry not been on for days but got MIL here (flys home today :sadface: ). Been off work though and spent the last fe days on day trips to Loch Lomond, Helensburgh, Arrochar etc and of course Silverburn and Braehead. Ok for some I know :happy:

Will check back in on you all later blowkiss

Pixie
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

United Kingdom

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 8:04am

Woops, went a bit overboard with the smileys there newshy I'll donate something to FZ for every excess one used :innocent:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 8:09am

oh liz i hope you are wrong and get a nice suprise today. thinking of you
im not in till 9.50 so unless you are held back in the clinic i doubt you will see us

wishing you all the best

pixie so pleased you get to start now!! i hate it when people say one thing but you can prove another, we know our bodies better than anyone and you have certainly proved that!! you should have given me a shout if you were in h'burgh! the last few days ive been bungling about the area. planed to go ice skating today in lochgoilhead ofter the scan but htere is no way i can do that :(
maybe we will go for tattoos instead!! lol

its time i donated again too pixie, havnt done it for a few months, but ive just spent loads on poas so might need to wait till next week!

morning everyone, thinking of you all and hope the sun brings us some luck and PMA

xXx

JosieB

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 8:37am

Hey folks, I'm new here but been in touch with Shirlz by PM cos I knew she was from the same neck of the woods as me! Although it turns out we're not that near to each other after all! Anwyays, just wanted to say good luck for today Shirlz. And hi and to everyone else too.

X

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 11:01am

Hey ladies how are we today??

Julz and lainey when is your OTD? Next week? I hope it flies in for you girls with a big :BFP: !!

Hey sharon welcome back, I am sorry to hear your struggling with your weight, my bmi is 33 and I am really determined to get it down but my job is such a hectic one that when I come home every day I am knackered!!

Magzz only 11 days til your prostap - woohoo!

Weeyin, I was sorry to read you had such a shitty week last week, not long until the end of the month now yippee!! Did you get your dates sorted re your getaway with your friend??

Hey liz, welcome to the site, I hope you find it useful, so sorry to hear about your BFN

Hey shirlz, good luck for your scan today xx

Hey pixie, well your on the way there, but shirlz is right - you more than anyone knows your own body!! I have a good feeling about this tx, good luck hon x

Hey Josie, welcome to the site, where are you in your treatment journey?

Hey pink daisy I had a soft boiled egg and toast this morning, god knows whats wrong wae me am super organised for a change!! Even got the washing out!! The other night on the wii we played Mario and Sonic Olympic Games, Just Dance and Mario Kart. A fair want guitar hero but its bloody expensive!!! Lol. Oh an thank you for my chocolates for my mcflurry it was yummy!!

Only 2 weeks today til my next appointment and then am hoping they will say I just have to wait for the [zx245] . I dunno about the rest of you but I am into tarrot cards, reading, horoscopes, the afterlife etc and I was in the doctors yesterday waiting for my niece and I picked up an old xmas edition of a magazine from 2009 and it gave me my horoscope for the year and it said I would have some good news to share in june 2010, maybe a believe any old guff that I read but I hope it’s a sign and that theres something with Saturn etc that’s gonna help me get up the duff lol :chortle:

Just out of curiosity does anyone watch one born every min?? I have been glued since it started and have probably been a bit too judgemental with some of them who say they cant push anymore? Well I dunno what happened last night but I bubbled and howled all the way through it - anyone else feel emotional? Thank god for sky+ cuz I think I missed half of it hunting for tissues, numpty that I am! laugh1

Well better get dressed for work - am still in ma jammies, on a back shift today

HAPPY PADDY’S DAY LADIES XXXXXXXXX :jilly: (Its the nearest green icon i could find....)
Confused.com

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 12:17pm

I watch it, last night was good, cried like a baby!! There is a thread on it, in the TV Lounge.

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 1:38pm

Hi Girls glad to see that things are moving along nicely for you all. Pixie I'm so pleased for you and I hope that when you get scanned next time that you will be ready for your implant.
Welcome to Lizz and Josie I hope that you find this site helpfull. Everybody on here is very well infromed and any questions that you have we will try and answer, if 1 can't then somebody else usually can.
Hope those going for scans today get on well and get the good news that they are waiting for.
Sorry need to cut short as Adam has just woken up will try and get on later.

Christine xxx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 3:25pm

adam keeping you busy christine? i was looking at the clothes shop adams in clydebank today and it is having a closing down sale - again!!
confused and flower i dont watch that 1 born prog, but once i get those 2 lines i will!
hi josie, hope your appointment today went well too, let me know!
liz thinking of you and i hope you get to join the other new GRI thread with some good news

ive updated my diary about how my scan went, needless to say i have a fridge full of drugs, a stomach full of good food/snacks and a heart full of hope and PMA
babydust

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 6:26pm

Hi Girls (sorry can't remember everyones names yet) x

Thankyou to everyone for your kind thoughts and support xx Went today and had my BFN confirmed, I think testing myself before helped prepare me for the result. Had to try really hard to keep it together when I was in with the nurse though but she was really nice and understanding.(maybe should'nt have went on my own). I have to keep on taking my snuff and phone them next week to book in for my next IUI. Hoping for 3rd time lucky xxx

Hope everyone else that was at the hospital today got on okay xxx

Going to curl up in my bed and watch some tv then tomorrow back to having a positive attitude for staring again xxx

Take care everyone xxx

babydust

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 6:48pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry haven't been on, DH has been hoging laptop recently. How is everyone?

Shirlz, will pop over to your diary and see how you got on, hope it's good news!

Christine - hope lo is behaving!

Liz - welcome! Hope your stay is short and sweet for all the right reasons! Sorry to hear about the BFN, I am also having IUI. I cant answer your qn for sure re the waiting list, whe were you referred and what area are you in? I was referred in Sep 08 and just got called up in Dec and this is my first IUI (OTD 25th March) tho I did have a privateround of ICSI before. So I am due be at the top of the IVF list in June/July - 22 months waiting list for Glasgow. But I think it was Roseytoes who had a BFN last month and called up to check and she was at the top of the list but told she wouldn't get called up til June and Tx likely Aug... so quite a lon delay, based on this I don't expect that we will get started til xmas time (unless we have a miracle and this doesn't work.) We are thinking if this doesn't work we might go back to the GCRM for another private round of ICSI. Fingers crossed you don't need it and it's third time lucky!

Confused - not long now! OTD is a week tomorrow, 25th. I watch 1 Born Every Min, scares me, makes me laugh, cringe, cry the lot! Preparing myself for getting good news one day! ;)

ICSI - I am over the moon for you :happy dance: This is the lucky cycle, just you wait!!

Josie - welcome!!!

Hi to anyone I've missed! All fine here not feeling much either way really... just being patient. Hope everyone is well!

Love luck and babydust!

Jxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 7:22pm

:hello: and welcome Josie! We're all lovely and sane(ish) here :snigger:

Liz-- I'm so sorry for the blood confirmation :sadface: I resent even having to get it confirmed, because it feels like more salt into an already gaping wound, but like you, I always like to prepare myself beforehand. I'm sorry hon :sadface: Hope you can get through the next few days and weeks as best you can and hopefully having IUI 3 on the cards will help you stay focused and somewhat positive [zx127]

Confused-- only two weeks 'til your appt!! For what it's worth I think you're doing just great hanging in there and trying as best as you can to stay upbeat. the 'in--between' stages when nothing is moving are so hard :hugs:

Magzz--not long for you now either 'til your Prostap biggrin2

Shirlz-- you're off!! happydance :dancing: So pleased for you hon. Will check your diary for dates etc, so I can keep my eye on those [zx126]

Christine-- thanks as always for popping by. And Flowerpower [zx127]

Julz-- one week down clap Feeling nothing much either way is good. Staying sane is very, very good! :snigger: I'm so hoping, in the nicest possible way, that we'll be seeing you and Lainey on the pg thread very soon!!

AFM-- DH and I took MIL to the airport earlier and she just phoned sobbing her wee heart out. This is the first time she's had to fly back to Wales alone and go into the house alone since FIL died last month. Although she's my MIL she's always been more of a mum to me, I don't know what I'd do without her :sadface: The next time we'll see her will be late April when we're down for a wedding and she was crying saying she hopes so much that we wont be coming down with our hearts broken (again); that we'll have a little miracle or two growing. Well that just set me off ;( Anyhooo...back to work tomorrow so better go and tackle Mt Everest (aka my ironing pile :innocent: )

Love to everyone blowkiss
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 8:56pm

Hi girls! Nice to see everyone back!

Welcome Josie.

Liz - that's pants news but at least you had sort of prepared yourself and are looking onwards and upwards already.

Confused - you make me laugh so much and I really hope you are right about your good news in June, my birthday is June so that's good news for me! What's Just Dance like for the Wii? I saw it the other day and nearly bought it. Any good? Oh and I found a shamrock just for you! [zx189]

Good for you Pixie - you know your stuff so you can argue your case. Well done! I really hope this is your time. :pray:

Shirlz - I had a nosey at your diary and see it's good news too. Great! :weehee:

Hi to everyone else - Rosey, Lainey, Weeyin, magzz, Julz...and I bet I missed someone?? blowkiss

One quick question: I started jabs last Thursday and scan in Friday with possible EC on Monday. How likely is this, or is it more likely to be Wednesday or Friday? ie: What is 'normal' if there is such a thing? I'm assuming it will be Monday, but was at acupuncture tonight and she reckoned I shoulndn't get my hopes up as usually girls need 2 scans. Am I asking and impossible question? ?o(

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 9:13pm

hey pinkdaisy its amazing!! a always do the MC Hammer cuz the moves are funny as! happydance and it makes u sweaty as!! laugh1 although, note to self, never do it on laminate flooring in your socks!! ouch!! :drunk: haha
Confused.com

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 9:19pm

Brilliant, that's it, I'm getting it tomorrow! I knew I should've bought it on Sunday, but DH wasn't keen and put me off. I fell of the step doing cycling a couple of weeks ago - ouch, it's dangerous stuff.
Thanks for the top tips, we'll be swapping recipes before you know it!
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 9:36pm

Pinkdaisy--it's entirely possible that you could have your EC next Monday, by which time you'll have been stimming for 10days (up to and including the Saturday and you would have a drug free day on Sunday). not everyone needs two scans. The first cycle is difficult to gauge b/c you just never know how your body's going to respond. Even ladies with a low AMH or high FGSH can stim for a relatively short period. Others may need a bomb behind their ovaries. Others again have insanely thick ovaries which never do the right thing (aka mine :snigger: ) Generally 4-8+ follies is a great number and a mature follicle is considered to be anywhere between 14mm-22mm, so again, a huge range in variation.

Confused-- Think we're one of the very few people in the UK without a wii :O I'd love one though but don't know when I'd have time to go on it :hmm: I have a go when I'm round at friends houses etc and although my physical fitness is generally good, my co-ordination is crap and I look like an absolute tube :snigger: All this talk has made me want one more. If this cycle doesn't result in an ickle baba, at least I can console myself with a wii :P

Well, as you can all see, my ironing intentions didn't go far! Took the dog out for a walk then ironed just the necessary items for tomorrow. Off to have some cinamon waffle ice cream now to replace my calorific loss and to help build my lining :innocent: [zx161]

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 9:45pm

pixie the wii was invented for the un-coordinated!!! i always have my curtains shut when i play mine!! my DH says i am a pure embarrassment nerner - which just spurs me on to get on it more cuz i love making a tit of myself!! :tonguestretch:

i can just imagine us all hooking up our wii's to our internet and having wee challenges, oh now that wud be funny!! [zx022]
Confused.com

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 9:54pm

Yep Confused it would be hilarious! What would you have us doing though???
Pixie - you definitely have to treat yourself to one. I don't use it nearly as much as I should but it's great when you put it on and I really like the yoga.

Thanks for the info (once again) I really appreciate it. As a first timer I guess I just need to be patient, but I'm just getting a bit antsy now and want to know what's going on inside my body!
A few wee twinges now and again and my trousers seem to be getting tighter, but apart from that nothing to report.

Going to head to bed now girls - night night. xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 9:57pm

pmsl Confused! Our livingroom looks out onto lovely green fields, no nosey neighbours holmes , so we never close our curtains, but I can assure you I'd even scare the heck out of the wildlife out there :snigger: Wasn't too long ago that I smacked my friend in the face with the wii remote when we were playing something. I'm so competitive too so DH wouldn't stand a chance :snigger:

Pinkdaisy--you're welcome hon. Sweet dreams zzzz [zx127]

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Reg: Jul 20th 2009

Children: Still waiting to be blessed with 1 ... or 2?

Wednesday, March 17th 2010, 10:00pm

Hello all you lovlies!! :wine:

Sorry i havent been on here in quite some time... been trying to avoid all things 'baby' as the wait is really killing me!

Will have to get back into the swing of things on here its all so new and sparkly! :D

x x x x x

bigkiss

baby8Can't Wait For The Journey To Begin - Bring On The Bumpage!!x baby8

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 8:23am

:hello: and welcome back littlemissdee bigkiss

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

JosieB

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 8:38am

Morning girls, thanks for all your welcomes.

We're only just starting our journey. Waiting for appt with a urologist at GRI (Dr Underwood, anyone seen him?) which hopefully shouldn't take too long?!! Approx 8 weeks GP told us?

I'm just getting to know everybody's stories and what stage youre all at but can't quite remember everybody yet! Its so nice for us all to have others to share our worries, hopes, fears, stresses etc with. Anyways, hope youre all doing ok. And don't worry ICSI we don't have a Wii either!! I think it might be on the shopping list soon though!

X

Jen31

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 11:37am

I've been reading some of the old threads over the past few days and thought I'd introduce myself. We have our first appointment at GRI tomorrow morning and am feeling nervous and excited all at the same time - we still have a long way to go and I'm not sure what they are going to tell us tomorrow. I had my HSG in December which showed I had two blocked tubes however one was unblocked during the procedure. My partner had issues with his first sample and submitted another to ACS a couple of weeks ago so we will find out tomorrow what the next steps are... Any ideas what they might tell us tomorrow?

Jen xx

Julz

Ace

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 2:18pm

Hi ladies,

Gotta be quick cause at work so will catch up with everyone when I get home. I have a quick qn... I have a quick qn. In the last few days when I have been doing my pessary I have noticed that it is harder to get it in, It went quite far up previously and now it seems like it's being stopped and then it tries to wiggle it's way back down. It's like I can't get it as high as I did before. Any ideas? Anyone else noticed this?

Jxx

4 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

4 guests