You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jen31

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 5:01pm

Hello Ladies,

I'm feeling a lot more positive now after the weekend and after reading your messages! So I will probably come on from time to time and if any questions pop into my head I'll be sure to ask! In the meantime good luck to everyone - I'm keeping my fingers and everything else crossed for you all!

Speak soon!

Jen xxxx

Reg: Feb 15th 2010

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 6:25pm

Have just finished watching Big Questions with DH and of course we are screaming too!
I feel for the young guy as clearly - as you all noted - he has issues which I just don't get and I feel so sorry for him and his poor parents, he seems to be so unhappy with the life he has been given.
I haven't seen my biological father since I was 3 and have no interest to do so - not because there are any dreadful stories in a closet, but he has shown no interest whatsoever in us girls (which I find a bit strange!) But my mum remarried when I was 12 to the man I call my dad and he is the most wonderful man and father we could ever have wished for. Obviously we have no biological connections, but I have caught myself out a few times when filling in forms or writing down genetic histories in medical background checks. My aunt had breast cancer a couple of years ago and we had to go and be checked and when I was asked about paternal background I paused and thought about my dad's mum and then I had a giggle to myself as I realised I have no clue!
Anyway, I guess I'm just saying gentics don't matter if you have a great family and I really, really do!

Off to acupuncture for a chill!
xx

March 2010 ICSI :BFN:
July 2010 ICSI :BFN:
Jan/Feb 2011 ICSI :BFN:
Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 6:51pm

hey ladies,

How are we all today?

Pinkdaisy - hope you enjoyed accu!

Jen - glad you're feeling better about it all, stop by any time.

Waves to everyone else.

AFM...who knows what is happening here, all weekend I have been freezing! Pessaries now feel like the are going in but everything just feels like it is closing in iykwim, a bit like as soon as I get in there's no room to move, does that make any sense at all? prob not! Started having the odd bit of cramping this afternoon which I'm not happy about, just wish I knew what was happening in there. Must be patient, only three more sleeps. What do we feel about testing early ladies? A total no no? Err, part of me is desperate to but the other part of me says I should know better and is scared to. Please someone take over for me!

Oh and I don't have enough prog for thurs? I only have enough for tues/weds, but I do it at 7am and my appt's not til 830, what should I do?

Jxx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Aug 2nd 2009

Children: 1 gorgeous boy

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:09pm

Hey girls
I never seen question time but wish I had altho seems to have riled everyone up so maybe it's best I saty away.
You go ICSI!!! You always put things so well.
Julz- don't think it will be a big problem not to have the pessary that morning. If they really want you to take it then they'll give you some to take as soon as you're home from your appointment. I didn't test early, but once I attended for my blood test, I did a hpt once I got home as I would rather have been prepared for the phonecall. I was quite hopeful by that time since i'd not had any bleeding or spotting. I wouldn't concern yourself with the cramping, I had it on and off since EC and more so towards the end of the 2WW.
Pinkchick

ICSI 2010 = our gorgeous boy
ICSI Oct 2014 :BFN:
ICSI May 2015 :BFP:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 6th 2008

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:12pm

Hi Jen, nice to see you again! Please pop in as often as you like and ask away with any questions you have. I went into this process (IVF/ICSI) with very limited information and if I knew the things which I know now I'd probably have been so much more relaxed about what to expect and what was happening to my body at different stages of treatment. Glad you're feeling more positive hon [zx127]

Pinkdaisy-- I hope you enjoyed your drug free day hon and enjoy your acupuncture tonight :happy: Wishing you the very best of :goodluck: for tomorrow happydance [zx126]

Julz-- I'm completely on tenterhooks for you! I really hate giving anyone false hope but when an embryo initially implants your body temperature drops. After the initial drop it rises again, a few degrees higher than normal. Cramping a few days before my OTD were also a positive sign for me. I think I'm as nervous as you waiting for your outcome!! As for testing early I wouldn't recommend it with IUI, personally I would wait the full 14days. Remember, you've had to wait for the sperm to meet the egg first and an embryo to form, so the whole process takes longer than with IVF/ICSI, where you know you actually have an embryo or two in there from Day1, and personally I have always tested 2-3days earlier than the recommended 14days and always had an accurate result :shush: Particularly with IUI a lot of people have tested early and been devastated by a 'negative' when in fact, their blood results came back positive. Honestly hon, if I were in your shoes, I would test Wed night at the earliest and again on Thurs morn before your actual blood test, but that's just me :P Do what's right for you and what you're most comfortable with. Re: the progesterone, if holding off for a couple of hours would cause you more anxiety, you'd be best to go up and get a few extra before Thurs.

How's everyone else today? :listen

Here's some :flowers: and :chocs: for us all, since I think we all need them!!

blowkiss
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF/ICSI OHSS (no transfer)
FET#1 Oct08 :BFP: ,Twins! m/c Dec08 :bawl:
FET#2 :BFN:
FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET #5 :BFN:
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!
FET #7(June '11) :BFP: Early m/c :bawl:
FET #8 (August '11) :BFN:

Reg: Jul 29th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful angel daughter xx

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:32pm

hey ladies, sorry i am just reading and leaving tonight, all i can say is

GLEE! happydance

NEW MOON! :dancing:

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!

bigkiss

XXX
Confused.com

7/10/11 Mummy to Freya, born asleep @ 24 wks :tear:

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: fingers crossed soon x x

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:57pm

hey Julz - re progesterone - GRI have never given me enough for the full 14 days - only a 12 day course. This is confirmed on the wee pamphlet given when they give you the pessaries. I was concerned re this my first time and when phoned acs they reassured me this was correct. x x you're so lucky your test date is soon. I still have 7 more sleeps :hairout having slight crampies but I too have started noticing its a bit more awkward to insert the ol pessarie than before. I'm still having the odd hot flush and crampy - I'm scared this is a bad sign?? also my (.)(.) felt a bit sore and heavy yesterday but are ok today. oh well so much for trying not to symptom spot....... [zx083]
IUI 1 :BFN: IUI 2 :BFN: IUI 3 :BFN: Waiting on IVF

United Kingdom

Children: Twins in heaven. And another little whisper (or 2). No earthly children.

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 9:02pm

Lainey-- why do they only give you 12 days of progesterone? Doesn't make sense to me ?(

And for what it's worth I'm on tenterhooks for you too!! All sounding good :yes: I'm sorry you have to wait so long hon! They always make me wait 18days after a FET :what: :cross: (not that I ever wait that long)

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 9:16pm

Oh Julz and Lainey, I feel for you and really do have my fingers crossed....coming to join you very soon Lainey! xfingers

Thanks for your good wishes Pixie, feeling not too bad just now but I know I'll be super-nervous in the morning. Planning on an early night as I've been telling my little eggies that they have a hot date in the morning with some gorgeous swimmers and they've to get some beauty sleep so they are at their most attractive and ready to get lucky!! [zx178] :snigger: How are you today? Do you have another scan tomorrow?

Acupuncture was ok. :no: I'm not really enjoying it that much but I do like the relaxation part. I have bruises on bruises with all these needles. Not sure I would do it again if we're not successful, but let's hope that's not an option!

Tea and toast for me before bed as not allowed any brekkie which will be a nightmare for me, my sugar levels will plummet and I'll be a quivering wreck by 9am. At least I'll be in the right place if I do collapse! Anyway girls, I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow. Thanks for your good wishes.

:xxx3:

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 9:32pm

Icsi - I have no idea?!? mmmmmm Its always been that way - went and checked my 3 wee pamphlets and they all say 12 days. that means I stop taking them on Fri. so none for 2 days before bloods - normally its 1 day before I've finished them.

Pink - welcome to the madhouse - good luck tomorrow pet!!! :goodluck:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 11:23pm

julz i am an avid poas'er and i would never tell anyone not to poas!! i have 30x 25iu cheapy internet tests and 15x 10iu tests plus 2x clear blues and 1x digital CB
tho the latter 3 are leftover from last cycle as it was clear it was a bfn and i wont waste my "expensive" cb's nowadays
i plan to test from trigger this time and hope i get the same results as 1st cycle when i saw the 2nd line appearing over the 2ww. holmes well im off work and need to amuse myself somehow!!

pinkdaisy good luck for tomorrow!! i hope EC goes really well and you get some lovely mature eggs. im off (managed to get the day off as we were over staffed) so i will be eagerly awaiting word that you are all right tomorrow

ladies ive always had enough pessaries to last till the day before OTD. they always told me to start them the day or 2 after ET

HELP
i start sniffing tomorrow and i cant remember what to do!!! i know it is just 1 sniff up one nostril, but what are the timings?? i plan to sniff at 7am - when i do my 2 stimms jabs, but what are the other times i need to sniff? hope someone can tell me (and i hope and pray that you dont tell me i need to stay up till midnight! im only up this late as im just home from a late shift!)

xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 12:26am

Shirlz--sorry, real quick post:

If you've been told to sniff 4xdaily the times are 7am; 12noon; 6pm and 11pm

Nite all you lovely ladies zzzz

xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

JosieB

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 8:38am

Morning girls, just dropping by to say hi and good luck to everyone at their various stages of tx. Hope youre all doing ok and Im sending lots of love and luck for positive outcomes.

Will let you know when we get our appt with the urologist through - not too long I hope!

XX blowkiss

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 10:14am

cheers pixie
hope your lining is thickening up nicely

hi josie, hope that appointment comes thru quickly

pinkdaisy hope EC is going well

laney not long now til otd

julz how many more sleeps? sending you implantation vibes!!

xXx

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 10:40am

Hello All

PinkDaisy, good luck with your EC

I tested 2 days early and got an accurate result, if this helps. I also took the pesaries up to week 12, paranoia on my part!

Good luck to everyone else, hope all is going well. xx

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 10:48am

Pinkdaisy, can't wait to hear how you get on hon. Make sure you rest loads when you're home :hugs:

Shirlz-- can't believe how many tests you have hoarded at home :what: They've caused me more heartache than it's worth so I don't even keep any at home! Hope those follies are coming out of hibernation and xfingers for a good scan tmorrow :yes: [zx126]

:hello: Josie, Julz, Lainey, Confused, Magzz, Puppy Luv, Roseytoes, Liz, Jen, Flowerpower, pinkchick, judgejules, Christine, Lisa (who've I missed now? :hmm: ) blowkiss

Oh...Lainey and Julz, I fugured out why you would only need progesterone support for a few days following IUI (my geek brain does overtime on these kinda things :snigger: ). Since IUI is per :snigger: formed when your own eggs are being released, the corpeus luteum from the egg(s) produces adequate progesterone by itself once fertilisation occurs. Whereas, with Embryo Transfer, your own ovaries are completely shut down and nothing is being released, hence the need for progesterone (and oestrogen in FET's) supplementation, usually up until 10-12 weeks of pg, when the placenta eventually takes over and produces enough hormones by itself : D That's how my brain worked it out anyhooo :innocent: Can't wait 'til you both post your BFP announcements!! :yes:

AFM--getting really nervous now as Monday approaches. Terrified that my lining wont be thick enough (which has happened in the past!). Trying to eat as much good protein as I possibly can to help keep my body in tip-top shape, but as you all know, a lot of things which go into my body, never reach my ovaries or uterus. They're kinda thick that way :snigger: Seven medicated cycles (1 fresh, six frozen) and this will be transfer number four! :faint:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 11:08am

:whoops:
i do have rather a lot! but when you think that when ttc naturally the 1st year i tested every month (gave up during year 2) and now we are nearing year 4 i think i am allowed cheapy tests to satisfy my poas urges!! :eyebrows:

flower i am convinced the lack of progesterone impacted on my mc - last time i requested the pessaries for afterwards (tho i never needed to ask for them sadly)

it makes sense that you take progesterone support for longer during ivf/icsi and less with iui as pixie says. tho i know not all professionals agree hence the fact we only get it till OTD unless we demand (or buy) more!
stepping off my high [zx169]

xXx

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 11:16am

Hi Curlywurrlylass, I think it depends on where you live in the country on the protocols on the pessaries, I was noticing that other ladies from England, doing ICSI like myself were on them right up until at least week 8 and most were week 12 so I just asked for more as I felt that it would help. Who knows if it did, but the nurse I had did agree with me. There seems to be 2 camps on the subject.

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 12:24pm

Shirlz, I completely agree with you. Even if it's only to help alleviate any fears, I think progesterone support should be given if the mum-to-be asks for it. Flowerpower, most ladies with PCOS have naturally low progesterone anyway, so I think you were wise to take it for as long as you did. I did when I was pg and at least I have peace of mind that low progesterone wasn't a factor in losing our twins. We never knew the reason since I m/c'd naturally (which incidentally, I'd never do again--took 8weeks for my hCG to drop :sadface: ) but the Cons at the ACS said it was most likely to have been due to chromosome abnormalities. Shirlz, it's horrid when you know yourself that low progesterone *may* have played a part in losing your little one, yet you can't beat yourself up about what's in the past. You did nothing wrong; if anything it was the hospital's fault that you had to demand progesterone X( [zx127] :cuddle

Can't get moving today, I'm sooo :tired: and have to start work at 3pm. Haven't had any caffeine for weeks but I'm going to allow myself a large cappuccino today, perhaps even an extra shot one :licklips: Have loads to get through today and have such brain fog I can barely think!! Also just realized I need to go back to the ACS tomorrow to collect more snuff as my second bottle has nearly ran out. Why didn' t they think to offer me a new bottle last week? :mood:

Will pop back this eve after work to check up on Pinkdaisy!! holmes

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 2:11pm

Hi girls,

Thank you all so much for thinking about me today - what a bunch of sweeties! It's so lovely as not many other people know about where I was today and those that do don't really understand it all, so it's much appreciated.
Well, everything went well. I was third in at 10.30 and they got 7 eggs. Is that ok? I know we only need one, but have no idea of the quality so it's an anxious wait til tomorrow.
Am lying on the settee feeling very tired so sorry I haven't responded to any posts - I'm sure you understand!
Mild cramps and frightened to move too much but I do feel fine. The staff were soooooo lovely and I can't remember too much about it all.
I was really quite anxious beforehand but for any of you girls who haven't been through this yet, it really was fine.
Ok, I'll go. I'm aware that I'm rambling now! I'll check back later.
Thanks girls. You're stars!!

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 2:41pm

wow pinkdaisy you are home fast!!!
i was never let out till after 1 and that was being 1st and 2nd on the list!!! i hate being made to stay in the bed for 1hr as i just wanna get up n go home to rest up
7 eggs is fantastic, a number i can only dream of
i hope they are doing well and are either being injected or getting jiggy with DH's wee swimmers the now!

flower there deffo is 2 camps on the subject. im very pro progesterone!! so pleased to know that we can actually stay on it for longer, it was agreed last time that i could stay on it but i was waiting for a fight to actually get it!!

hope you got a nice large cappuccino pixie :coffee: ive replied to you in my diary about the progesterone and my suspicions about my cycle.
if you see me in the waiting room when you go for more snuff- say hi!! i will be the one in tracky bottoms as my jeans dont fit anymore (too many pizzas n choc over the weeks) xmas51

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 2:49pm

Hi Everyone

Pinkdaisy, 7 is great, we got 8 and 7 were viable, so I guess we got the same. Curlywurlylass, I was expecting the same but I think they could tell that I am quite strong minded and they seemed happy enough to supply them. I too am pro progesterone as I just thought, what if my body just doesn't produce enough after all the drugs?? I did have a few people tell me that I didn't need to be on them and I just said that I would feel so much happier to stay on them. I'm up at the hospital tomorrow too, might see you guys there!!

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 4:04pm

Hi Guys sorry for not being about for a while but I have been reading just not posting as was feeling really low and didn't want to bring any negativity to the thread. I'm glad to see that all seems to be going well with everybody. Pinkdiasy 7 is a great number and as you said it does only take one and I'm proof of that. Julz and Lainey I have everything crossed for you both that you both get BFP's. I really hope that you do and can come on here with some good news. Shirlz I hope that all goes well tomorrow for your scan. Pixie I hope that your lining is doing as it should and that when you are back for your next scan that it's all go. Hello to the new girls sorry that I haven't welcomed you before but as I said I haven't been on for a while. I hope that you find this site helpful and welcoming. If you have questions then feel free and somebody will be able to answer it for you.
AFM-as I said I have been feeling down over the last wee while but I'm trying to give myself a shake and a talking to to get myself back on track. Been out for a walk today with Adam and enjoyed getting some fresh air. I'm now allowed to drive again so I'm up for a meet if people are still up for it. Adam has his developmental check up tomorrow so will see how that goes and he will be weighed so lets see how much weight he has put on.
Hi to everyone I've missed and hope that you are all well.

Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 6:23pm

Christine- that's a shame you've been feeling low chick. Remember and be sure to let your health visitor or GP know if you don't start to feel better soon. Maybe it's just with being couped up at home. Now that you're able to drive and get out and about, hopefully you'll start to feel better. These are for you :flowers:
Pinkdaisy- great news on your 7 eggs, I got 7 too and of them, 6 were suitable for injection. So I take it you've to phone in the morning to see how many fertilised? Did you enjoy your tea and toast last night? The sedationist was laughing at me when I told her I'd had a cup of tea and a double decker at 5 to midnight prior to my EC!!
ICSI- Hope the scan goes well for you, you so deserve a break.
Julz and Lainey- Got everything crossed for you girlies.
Shirlz- Sounds like you should defo fight for the progesterone this time, don't want any 'what ifs' or 'maybes'. I think you need to go to poas annonymous :snigger:
Pinkchick

Julz

Ace

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 6:33pm

Hi ladies,

Wow it's been a busy day! On the pessary front if we get lucky I am going to ask for more, I have always thought that we have had a prob with sticking so if it's not going to do any harm and might help then I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Lainey - hope you are hanging in there!

ICSI - grr about having to go back, I'm hoping mine lasts another day since it's nearly done. Hope that lining is getting nice and thick!

Shirlz - good luck for scan tomorrow! Gutted I'll miss everyone by a day. OTD is Thurs. 0830. Trying not to poas... part of me really wants to but I'm so scared to in case it's -ve too. Trying to be patient.

Pindaisy - that's great! I had 6. Hoping they are getting jiggy with it as we speak! Good luck!

Christine - what's up hon? Why are you feeling low? Here if you want to chat or meet up for a coffee or anything. Sending you a big hug hon, hope you feel better and def get out for a walk and some fresh air, can do you the word of good!

SOrry I can't remember the rest of the poss,hope everyone is doing well! :waves:

AFM - nothing new here, still waiting! 2 more sleeps... nearly there! I'm just so hoping that we get lucky with this one. But que sera, sera.

Love luck and babydust,

Julz xx

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 8:08pm

Thanks girls, still lying on the settee. Have been reading my book which has been lovely as I haven't spent so much time reading since last summer! I really must try to chill this weekend and read some more.
Julz, you are sooooo close now. The not knowing is going to kill me! (That's assuming we get an embryo!) [zx014]

Shirlz, good luck tomorrow, my turn to think about you! I was out of theatre by 11.15 I think and they let me go about 1ish. :thumbsup2: When the bridge is clear we can be home in 15mins so yes, I guess I was home quickly.

Pixie - hope your coffee was good, I miss it so much at the moment. :coffee: I have more than half a bottle of snuff left if you get stuck!

Christine, sorry to hear you've been feeling down but it's good that you're pushing yourself to get out. It's been the longest winter and spring can't come soon enough. It'll perk us all up. :rabbit

Pinkchick - tea and toast was great last night and my sandwich and cup of tea today at the hosp was even better. I guess you know you're fine if you've got an appetite!

So it seems that quite a few of us have managed to get roughly the same amount of eggs! I felt weird as we drove away from the hospital today, wondering what was going on in there. The whole science bit really blows my mind sometimes, it's the stuff you see on TV and read about and we are actually doing it! I have to phone at 10.15 tomorrow morning to get the news but I have to work late so I'll let you know when I get in tomorrow night. Now it's just the worry about the quality as I'm getting old!! mmmmmm

DH is away to get some takeaway for tea and then an early bed with my book for me! zzzz

Love to you all!!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 10:25pm

Good Evening Everyone !
Hope your all well. Sorry, havent really been posting on this lately, as usual doin a lot of reading and then getting side tracked via facebook and forgetting to drop by here again :O
Plus, Im feeling a wee bitty left behind, everyone seems to be steaming on ahead and Im still knocking at the door (if thats the right phrase lol). I know my time will eventually come, but I just wanna get movin :angry: Was just watching one born ever minute, and now Im watching a prog about Jade Goody so Im feeling kinda sad, while DH is away at football. Not to worry, Im getting myself ready for him coming in, his team won so I know at least he'll be in a good mood..hopefully lurve

Anyhoo, flowerpower, pinkchick, judgejules, curly sue, hope your LO are cooking in there nicely , and 2 those on the 2ww hope your in the BFP gang soon.
ICSI, Shirlz, Curlywurlylass, Jen31, pinkdaisy, Christine, Lainey, Julz - thinking of you all xx

Soz If I missed anyone there, my eyes are a bit filled up watching this prog, poor Jade :bawl:

Night Night
Wee Yin blowkiss

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 23rd 2010, 11:56pm

Pinkdaisy--well done chick!! 7 is a fab number!! [zx126] Now we have to wait until tomorrow eve for your fertilization report :mood: Hope you're zzzz as I type! Glad everything went well, was thinking of you all day :hugs:

Wee Yin-- I knew I'd missed your name as soon as I posted earlier today :O I'm sorry you're finding the wait so hard hon :sadface: It IS hard when everyone else seems to be moving forward and you're stuck waiting, but once you start you'll find others are in exactly the same position as you are now and you'll be the one encouraging them [zx127] I don't know how you can watch One born every minute; programmes like that just intensify my longing and heartache and if I'm already emotional it's a recipe for turning me into a crying wreck :sadface: Hope DH gave you a nice cuddle when he came home. Hang in there hon, I know how awful the waiting is [zx127] :cuddle

Christine-- so sorry you've been so low :sadface: Wish I could help in some way. You've always been so supportive to us all. I think a meet up is just what you need. When are you free? Anyone else fancy meeting too? :listen Hope Adam's check-up goes well tomorrow! Hang in there hon [zx127]

Julz-- I'm going mad with YOUR wait :snigger: xfingers xfingers

AFM-- Long, tiring day/eve at work, so shattered! DH has very kindly offered to collect my snuff tomorrow since I already have a million other things to do. Shirlz-- if you see/hear a rather attractive (if I say so myself :P ) Welsh (tho he sounds English 'cos he's posh :snigger: ) rugby-playing-type guy sitting there wifeless, that's him :P

Nite all, thanks for all your good vibes for my lining :D Monday will reveal all!!

blowkiss blowkiss
xxx

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 9:30am

Oh ICSI - you were up late and you have been a busy bee! If you are going mad, think how I feel?!?! Errrr!!! Must not test, must not test! So want to test! It's so annoying I want to test cause if it is BFP then I feel like I'd rather see the two lines like normal people rather than be told over the phone. But I can't bare to see a BFN. But then if it is BFN it might soften the blow. If I do test at all it will be tomorrow morning either before we go or when we get back. It's got to be accurate by then. Err.... don't know!??! Dh doesn't want me to. I feel like either way I will jinx it no matter what. Now I'm totally paranoid cause desperately needed to shave my legs this morning and ran out of shaving foam so used men's shaving foam and it stank of men and then I was worried that the smell would be too strong for the embies in there and so tried to cover it up with soap and then frangrance free moisturize, which i hadn't bothered shaving! I'm sure it doesn't matter but these are the small things that I worry about! ;)

Love to all

jxx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 8:06pm

Aw Julz hon, you've been left here all alone today :sadface: Where is everyone?? ?( pmsl at you getting yourself in a flap over the manly scented shaving foam :snigger: I get as paranoid as you on these things and have already stocked up on a whole range of Femfresh products and all things fragrance free and PH balanced etc, etc. Cost a blimmin fortune so it better work or I'll be asking for a refund! :snigger: Oh the testing dilemma hon, I feel for you. TBH there will be very little difference whether you test tonight or tomorrow, then again if it's a BFP :yes: , your hCG could take a jump overnight, enough to give you a correct reading tomorrow when it may not show tonight. With the HPT's you have, how sensitive are they, ie how many iu of hCG do they measure? I've always used First Response Early result ones, which detect as little as 10-15iu. The selfish part of me wants you to test right now, but that's only so I can sleep properly :innocent: Do what's right for you hon and know that we're all here to support you whatever the outcome (but I think you have something cooking in there!!)

Pinkdaisy-- been waiting with bated breath all day on your fertilization report :pray:

Lainey-- how are you holding up? [zx127]

Chrisitne-- how did Adam's developmental checkup go? Sending you an extra special [zx127]

Shirlz-- just been over your diary hon! :hugs:

Magzz and Puppy Luv-- not long til you're both off now woohoo

Wee Yin -- sending you and extra :hugs:

Confused-- how are you doing? :flowers:

Waves to everyone else :wave: [zx108]

AFM-- woke up totally full of :cold: this morning. Running a high temp/shivery and been feeling awful at work all day. No appetite either so had to ram food down my sore wee throat as I can't afford to lose any weight at this stage and my lining needs all the nutrients it can get, but everything tastes like cardboard :sadface: Think it's probably all the stress of FIL dying last month and all the stress of this cycle finally catching up with me. I also seem to be the sole support system for many friends and family members right now and I'm so drained. But who else have they got? DH was a wee darlin' today and went to collect my snuff lurve He had just sat down in the waiting room and was about to grab himself a coffee, when the nurse shouted his name, so he was p!ssed off that he didn't get a free coffee :snigger: Can't believe I'm on my third bottle of that horrid stuff! No wonder I'm :poorly: Also on 3x the dose of HRT to thicken my lining which a menopausal woman would take. Somehow I've lost a stone in the past 2weeks without even trying and I really can't afford to either :cross: Blimmin wonky body :cross:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 8:35pm

Oh Julz, you are nearly there now!! Fingers crossed for your appt. What time are you in at? Was laughing about your shaving foam! Surely that's only for EC and ET? Can I not wear perfume at all over the next 2 weeks? I love my perfume! You are being very strong, I think I would have caved in and tested by now. Are home tests not reliable? What's the reason for being called back to test?

Pixie, hope you got your snuff sorted, your hubbie sound delightful! Mine took me to work today as I wasn't allowed to drive and when I came home he had made the dinner, set the table really nicely and bought me flowers! :flowers: Ahhhh......

Weeyin, cheer up pet, it's nice to see you back! [zx021]

Shirlz, how did you get on today?

AFM - Was asked to call for results at 10.15 but it was engaged, engaged, engaged. Then eventually I got through and was cut off! By the time I spoke to the embryologist I was shaking like a leaf and could hardly talk. Anyway, from the 7 only 4 were mature enough and from those, 3 fertilized, so I hope that remains the same by tomorrow. I was a wee bit disappointed but DH was delighted - I think he was prepared for worst case scenario. As my mum said, that's 3 chances! I guess I just feel that there's not much back up and if we're not lucky we have to start all over again, but some of you know that already! I've been so positive up to now and suppose I'm just getting the jitters.
Spoke to a friend of a friend who's been through this many times over the last few years and she got 6 eggs, 4 were suitable, 3 fertilized and one of those is now a 4 month old baby! lurve So there's hope in there.
Transfer is at 2.30 tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

P.S should I take the needle bin back tomorrow?
...and I just saw your post Pixie, so I'm off to read it now!

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "pinkdaisy" (Mar 24th 2010, 8:40pm)

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 8:45pm

Pixie, sorry to hear you sound so miserable, stress is a nightmare isn't it? Do you have the holiday weekend coming up? Sounds like you need to stick your feet up and chill a bit. I only used half of the snuff so goodness knows how you must feel after 3 bottles of that horrid stuff.
I am still up for coffee. Any time over the weekend is good for me! Anyone else?

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

DaffyMan

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 8:53pm

Of the fertilised embryos, they will grade them from 1 to something, 1 being the 'best' quality. I can't remember down to what grade they will implant (I think it might be only grade 1 and 2s). flowerpower and I spent ages agonising over whether to ask for a single grade 1 to be implanted, a grade 1 + 2 and so on... It turned out that of our 8 eggs, 7 were suitable, 5 fertilised but they only produced two grade 2 embryos. In this situation their default is to implant them both. Both stuck and are now at 24wks gestation.

(BTW, I don't mind the manly scented shaving foam - but I don't think flower steals it! :) )

I think you can take the needle bin back - if I recall correctly it's pessaries every 12 hours after transfer.

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 9:12pm

pinkchick i f there was a "poas anonymous" i would deffo go!!

julz i know i would have tested by now, but i know others who wouldnt have tested. it is your choice as you will need to deal with the results. not an easy decision to make!
were you told no perfumes etc for the whole of 2ww? i thought it was just for when you attend the acs suite??
good luck for tomorrow, i am rooting for 2 lines for you

wee yin, i hope time flys for you, it is so frustrating waiting and waiting. i hope soon you get to be the one offering advice on stimms and complaining of symptoms!! thinking of you

pinkdaisy 3 fertilised gives you a very good chance to get a great grading. i hope it goes well tomorrow and you are soon pupo with 2x grade 1 embies! but even if they are not the best (1st cycle i only had 2x grade 3 embies and for a while all was great so it can work against all odds)
oh i am so excited and nervous for you

pixie i wish i could take all your stress away, add it to mine and bury it all up on the hills! thinking of you
what time was DH in this morning? we got in at 8.40 and i saw a gentleman (quite nice looking btw) on his own and wondered if he was your DH. if it was him then i was the bedraggled looking lass with DF who sat across the room directly opposite him. tho he wasnt there for long.

i am working this weekend so couldnt meet up :(

hi daffy man good to hear flower and lil one are doing well

AFM
update in diary
lining is good, left ovary has 8 follies growing and are between 10-13mm. right ovary has hee haw growing and a 'solid' area on it. grrr@ ms righty i will be having a chat with it asap NO!

some cracking new smilies on here now - :bath: is my fave and so 'me'

thinking of everyone
xXx

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 24th 2010, 10:12pm

Pinkdaisy-- that's a fab fertilization report hon!! You're going to be a PUPO lady tomorrow :weehee: I agree with Shirlz, that even embryos which don't necessarily look great or have a good grading can still implant and go on to become healthy babies. On our BFP cycle we we had a grade1 9/10 and a grade2 7/10 transferred and both implanted. They give them 'marks' out of 10 depending on fragmentation etc, obviously with 10 being the best, but I know of grade 3 and 4 embryos which have only been given a 5/10 go on to become healthy babies, so really there's no way of knowing unless there's severe fragmentation. With the needle bin, I didn't take mine back until 3months after my fresh cycle :snigger:

Shirlz-- DH was there at around 2pm as he was on an early shift this morning. He is a bit of alright, but sadly wasn't the bit of eye candy you were eyeing up :snigger:

Pinkdaisy-- last day of work is next Wed then I've taken the entire 2ww off (whether ET goes ahead or not!)

Oh Shirlz-- a nice :bath: sounds just perfect. got an hour to kill before my last sniff of the day so off to light some scented candles and have a soak with my new no7 sauna mask :pout

Nitely nite all and :goodluck: for tomorrow Julz and Pinkdaisy!!

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 7:21am

Thanks guys, I feel a bit better now. I guess I'm just getting it into my head that they might not be grade 1 or 2 and then they won't use them. I feel like our hopes are diminishing by the hour!
I'll let you know later how we get on. Fingers crossed and lots of PMA!!

Julz - be thinking of you. Today's the day!!

Shirlz - great, glad things went well for you.

Pixie - hope you're feeling better today,not long til you get that time off now.

Better go, or will be late for work.

xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Julz

Ace

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 9:32am

Morning ladies.

Well that's it done, bloods ae in and now it in the lap of the gods. Keeping everything crossed. Diane was so nice. I totally forgot to ask about the prog, so have phoned and left a message. Have a new bottle of snuff just in case it's bad news. So now just waiting. Have managed not to test and not going to now. Just going to be patient.

Pinkdaisy - sending you buckets of luck, all sounding very good.

ICSI - sorry you are feeling a bit down. I am really hoping that you feel better soon and that your body will listen to you this time. :hugs: :flowers:

Shirlz - good news that one is responding, now just have to give that other one a wee wake up call.. wakey wakey!!! Time to get growing! FIngers crossed for you hon!

LOve luck and babydust to all my wonderful ladies. I'll let you know the result when it comes in this afternoon.

Jxx

Julz

Ace

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 1:43pm

Just to let you all know I just got my call and it's not good. BFN. :(

Totally gutted. Not sure where we go from here. I was feeling so positive about this one. Now I'm starting to wonder how many times we put ourselves through this. I stupidly kidded myself into thinking that I would be ok if it was BFN, sadly mistaken. I just wish someone would give us a break for once.

So just to carry on with snuff and they will review the case next week and we'll see where we go from there.

Oh well, back to the drawing board I guess.

Jxx

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 1:48pm

Julz, I was just popping in to check for any updates. I'm so, so sorry hon and I'm sorry that all I can think of to say is sorry :sniff: Really gutted for you and so wish the outcome had been so very different ;( PLease take care of yourself hon and do what you need to do to get through today and the next few days. Just so sorry :sadface: :sadface:

PCOS and Severe M/F
TTC-- 9yrs

FET's #3&4 No transfer
FET#6 No transfer
Brand new protocol!

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 3:13pm

Julz I'm sorry I thought and hoped that you would get the result your were after. Just remember that I'm thinking of you and DH at this time. Take time to yourselves and do what you have to to get through this.

Love Christine xx

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 3:45pm

Julz, I am so sorry to hear that. I really thought you would get a positive. I've been thinking about you all day and had such a good feeling.
So sorry.
xx

Aug/Sept 2011 ICSI #4

Reg: Feb 13th 2009

Children: NONE YET

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 4:31pm

Oh Julz i am so so sorry. x

Take Care Love Sharon x

ME 29 - FINE - NEED TO LOOSE 3 STONES
DF 30 - LOW SPERM COUNT,
TTC 4 YEARS - TREATMENT ICSI SOMETIME IN 2010 xfingers
ONE DAY WE WILL BE PARENTS X

Children: 1 daughter 20yrs old

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 5:50pm

So sorry Julz xXx
magzz

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 5:59pm

Oh Julz - I'm so sorry to hear of your news, have been thinking of you today. I know nothing we say will make you feel any better but just need to stay positive for your next treatment. :hugs:

ICSI- That's a shame you're feeling rubbish, Your body is probably just so run down with all the treatment and stress. Think you need a wee spa day or something.

Pinkdaisy- Good news on your little embies, I'm willing them on to divide perfectly for you. I only had 4 fertilised out of my 6 and not too sure what grade they all were but by the time I went for transfer, they recommended that I got 2 put back which were grade 2. Not sure what the others were but weren't suitable for freezing (wonder where they went? hopefully for research or something). So it's quality not quantity that's the important thing. You in for transfer tomorrow?

Shirlz- sounds like your left ovary is doing a grand job. Better than both of mine did put together. Will pop over to your diary to find out the rest.
Pinkchick

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 6:07pm

Julz, so sorry to hear of the result. Thinking of you xx

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 6:34pm

oh julz i am so sorry
i really had hoped you would be blessed with a bfp

you wont be far from my thoughts this weekend. it really is gutting when your positivity gets ripped to shreds
if there is anything i can do just let me know

you too christine, or anyone else for that matter!!

i can be mobile from the start of april for 2 weeks if anyone wants to meet up and have their nails decorated with nail art
(im crap at manicures but think i am good at nail art- check out the gallery pics)
i find it very relaxing doing my nails and it boosts my PMA to have nice looking nails to flash around!!

:hugs:

Reg: Mar 4th 2010

Children: Lewis - 4 years

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 6:37pm

Hi Julz,

Just clicked on this thread to see how you got on. Hope your bearing up as best as you can. Thinking of you.
x
Me 34 DH 40.
DS born without any problems- 2006

*1st miscarriage- blighted ovum June 2008
*2nd miscarriage September 2008
*1st ectopic- left tube rucptured Xmas Eve 2008
*2nd ectopic- right tube treated with methotrexate September 2009
*1st IVF- March 2010- chemical pregnancy
*2nd IVF July 2010- BFN
*FET December 2010- BFP. Twins from one egg! Lost twin one at 9 weeks and twin 2 at 10weeks
*Diagnosed with elevated anti thyriod antibodies May 2011
*Surprise natural BFP August 2011- 3rd ectopic. Right tube removed.

Reg: Nov 19th 2009

Children: TWIN GIRLS BORN 22/02/11

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 6:43pm

Julz - Im so sorry, I really dont know what to say. I know its maybe to soon to start thinking, but try and have some positivity for when you go on your next treatment, you will be blessed with a LO one day.

Just a quick update from me - been knocked back form hospital AGAIN, but on the plus side it means we defo get taken next month, Im really gutted, but I dont feel like I should be on here moaning, today is all about thinking about Jules and her DH.

Wee Yin x

1st ICSI June 2010 :BFP: Double Trouble

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 6:55pm

Aww julz honey I am soooo sorry. Its so heart breaking - if you need anything let me know

Wee yin - sorry you got knocked back darlin - but at least you def know it will go ahead next month.

Pixie - hope you're feeling better chick

AFM - my pma has officially left the building. feeling [zx245] 's breath on my neck. crampy stomach and back, headache, huge spots on my chin and extremely emotional. Trying to look on the positive side - if it doesn't work then I have a few months to lose weight and get in as good a physical condition as possible before IVF starts.

need to pop out once the pessarie has done its stuff and get something to wear for my birthday night out - wish I knew for sure, if definately BFN then could have a few cocktails. Would rather have positive result than drunkenness but you know what I mean ??? Then again I could be wrong. bigcloud

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lainey" (Mar 25th 2010, 6:57pm)

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 6:59pm

Pinkdaisy - meant to say well done on your embies lovely x x x

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests