You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ivy

Ace

• "ivy" started this thread

Reg: Sep 20th 2009

Children: Zara Ellis

Friday, March 5th 2010, 7:08pm

What's the cut off for no. of embies in freeze all cycle?

just had my EC today, got 23 eggs out of 29 follies ...and seriously dunno what to react :rolleyes: one of the nurse told me that the cut off for no. of embies is 25 and the other said 20 for freeze all, meaning less or no chance of ET for us either way ;( this is said to minimize the risk of OHSS, but im gutted as my PCT only funds 1 fresh cycle...

can i appeal to carry on with ET or to get another rounds of fresh cycle? [zx037]
First IVF - March 2010 :BFP:

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Children: Twins!

Friday, March 5th 2010, 10:02pm

ivy - try not to worry too much.
From what they told me at St Mary's, most PCT's class FET as still part of the same cycle. The cycle only ends when all of your embryos have been used up.

I can't really advise you on the FET process at SM because I never had enough embies to freeze, but I'm sure they'll give you more info when the embryologist calls you in the morning. In the meantime, try not to stress too much and get a good night's rest, your body's had a heavy day and needs to chill!

Take care!
* Emma * :smile:
TTC 8 yrs PCOS - Clomidx10 - IVFx3
Nov 2009 Last try: Short protocol ICSI - wonderful BFP!!! -
TWINS!!
: D

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Children: none

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 9:58am

hey hun the cut of for my hospital was also 20, seriously hun i know its hard but it really is for the best i developed OHSS and thought hey ho its not that bad gimme my eggs but it really isnt much fun travelling to the hospital every day for scans as i have fluid in my belly and lungs.

As for funding as you got to the egg retreival you are entitled to one FET as you had eggs that you couldnt ET they give you one fet
take care hun hope you go ok
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS
1st FET :BFN:
2nd ICSI test date 3rd Nov :BFN:
2nd FET feb 12 :BFN:

ivy

Ace

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 11:22am

thx aiwah & one day...

had a phone call from embroylogist just now - 15 fertilised out of 23, ET provisionally monday, looks like it will go ahead afterall xfingers soz for being silly!

aiwah - good to know that the free goes cycle only ends when all of embryos have been used up :thumbsup: i cheekily asked if they can put 2 back in or blasto transfer coz no. of fertlised quiet a lot, but both not gonna happen :thumbdown: it will only be SET & day 2 or 3 transfer :rolleyes:

one day - ive been drinking loads to combat OHSS :wacko: im over the moon as long as i can get a shot with ET on this cycle & dont mind FET for the rest of my embies :faint:

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Children: none

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 11:27am

ivy not wanting to worry you but i only get one shot of FET or ET per cycle from clinic just be prepared in case you are the same we have to pay for a second FET if needed even tho i got loads of embies there waiting
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS
1st FET :BFN:
2nd ICSI test date 3rd Nov :BFN:
2nd FET feb 12 :BFN:

ivy

Ace

Saturday, March 6th 2010, 11:36am

what a shame! its unfair that nhs more concern to cut cost than concentrating on patient's welfare :evil: i'll defo query that b4 ET :pinch:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE