You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 28 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Betty Boop & Del Boy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2006

Children: Not Yet

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 10:10am

Unsuccessful on Clomid

Hi Guys,

Haven't bee on for ages just doing my thing really. Had tubes cleared in dec 2008 - been on clomid since then now up to 150mg. Still not working for me - need to go back to consultant if no good this month any suggestions???? i.e. questions for him?

I feel like I have hit a blank.

Cheers

Nichola
:BFP: :BFP:
starsmile 22/12/11 starsmile

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 2nd 2009

Children: None!!!!

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 11:34am

Sorry it hasn't worked for you so far... I have two more months (this and one more) before going back to consultant. I was told the next step would be IVF.

Have they done tracking, etc? Sorry, I don't know your story. Have they tried giving you HCG shots? How long have you been on Clomid?

I will be following this as I want to know what else can be done/tested/tried before IVF.
TTC since 10/2007

Clomid 7 months
FSH>9
IVF#1 Nov 2010 - :BFN:
AMH - 1.49

IVF#2 Sep 2011 - :BFP:
Two [zx076] at 7w+1, 10w, 12w+1
20 week scan - all is well
Private scan abroad at 22 weeks - all is well, one boy :boy: and one girl :girl: !
28 weeks scan - both babies are measuring average, 1.2kg estimated weight each!

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 1:03pm

Hi Nichola and welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear that the clomid hasn't been working for you, even at the increased dose. Have you been having monitoring through scans and blood tests to confirm this?

Off the top of my head the kind of questions that I would be thinking about asking are things like whether ovarian drilling is an option, whether you could move onto ovulation induction through an injectable such as gonal f and whether IUI would be an option before even going down the IVF route. Also how recent was your DH's SA? I might be tempted to get that done again too.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

• "Betty Boop & Del Boy" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2006

Children: Not Yet

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 2:11pm

Thanks guys,

OK I was tested for my LH reading (sorry not sure of all the terminology) back in Nov 08 as this was before I had my tubes cleared via a laparoscopy in Dec 08. I first had 3 months of clomid at 50mg then a month rest, then I had 4 months at 100mg with a months rest and now I have just taken the last of my 150mg given to me over a 4 month period. AF is due around 7th March.

I have already received one lot of IVF 4 years ago which was unsucesfull as I was told at the time that unblocking of my tubes was not an option. They took 9 follicles of which 4 carried eggs and after the mixing stage only 1 was good enough to go back :-( .

In my mind I am thinking that maybe i am not producing good enough eggs - hubby had excellent sperm count which had dropped slightly when tested a year ago and the motability was about 50% so could that be a serious issue????

Really sorry for all the questions but I am very niave to all this even though it has been going on for long time.

Everyon'es help, advice and/or stories would be great.

Cheers everyone

Nichola xxxx
:BFP: :BFP:
starsmile 22/12/11 starsmile

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 2:21pm

Hi Nichola, are you sure you're ovulating on the clomid? Have you got day21 progesterone results to show this?

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 28 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE