You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kookie

• "kookie" started this thread

Reg: Feb 4th 2010

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 3:48pm

Decision on how many

Hello

I'm a newbie! I have just had my planning meeting with a nurse who talked us through the whole process. I was very scared to say the least. Have ICSI planned end of March.

I have a question regarding who makes the decision on how many embies are put back, I would like to go for two to increase our chances but the clinic seems very against it if there is one good embie. What choices would we have? This is a PCT funded cycle but we were told we would be treated the same as private clients.

TTC 3 years

Me 36

DH 40

Can anyone give any advice please.

kookie

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 3:54pm

Apologies, I would like to add that the above is on the assumption there are 2 ok embies, if not then the decision will have been made

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 4:11pm

Hey there

Welcome to FZ! Hope you are finding your way around OK, there are lots of lovely ladies here all willing to offer their help and support.

Embie numbers seems to be becoming more of an issue as clinics are very concerned about the multiple birth rates. As you can see from my signature I was greedy and had three but that was in Spain and I've got a very long story!

My personal thought on this is that if you are happy to potentially end up with twins then go for two as your chances of success are increased. I would make sure you know exactly what to expect from the clinic so you know where you stand with them.

Don't be too scared, I know it is all very daunting to start with but once you get started you'll realise you can get through it.

This thread might be helpful to you:

Only allowed one embryo implanted

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Dec 2nd 2009

Children: Keeping everything crossed

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 5:18pm

Hi Kookie and welcome to :FZ:

It seems that different clinics have different processes, I also think that there are a few determing factors such as age, i think if you are under 40 then they will only go for one. If this is something that is really playing on your mind call your clinic and have a chat with them, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Why not go along to the April All Stars cycle buddy thread, you'll find ladies there who are going to be at the same stage as you in tx and will find it really helpful to bounce off each other.

Good luck with everything.

thumbup

Me 35 DP 40
5 x Cycles all :BFN:
6th FET Apr 2012 :BFP: happydance

Joseph David arrived at 28+5 wks smile2

MY DIARY

kookie

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 5:27pm

Thank you Gracie and Little Legs for your responses.

The clinic have a criteria of two if over 36, I will be 36 one day before estimated ET, they have a proviso of if its good quality they go for one. You are right Little Legs - I will have to discuss this further with the clinic as its on my mind. Will join April All Stars too!

Best of luck you you both.