You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "BellaLove" started this thread

Reg: Nov 7th 2008

Children: None

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 6:26pm

Raised NK cells

Hi Gals,

I am having an egg collection in the morning.... Ahhh!! (I have 25 follies!)

Anyway, I spoke to my consultant on the phone today and she told me I had raised natural killer cells. (These results just came back.) She has decided to start me on prednisilone 25 mg and gestone tomorrow.

Does anyone else have any experience with steriods and pregnancy, transfer, etc? Has she prescribed the steriods for me too late into my treatment?

I have had 3 early losses all at the same time.

Many thanks
x

Any advice would be helpful as we havent even had 1 day to research this..
XXX BellaLove XXX

Feb '10 xfingers Hoping it sticks! xfingers

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 7:08pm

I was put on prednisoline after one chemical PG and a BFN. I had a FET cycle third time round and I think I only started a short while before ET, although I cannot remember precisely. I will see if there is anything in my diary.

Good luck with EC and fingers crossed this is your time.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Reg: Feb 24th 2009

Children: 1 DD - 2005

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 7:37pm

No I don't think she hasn't started you too late. I started on the prednisolone on the (god I can't remember and it was less than a month ago!!! Mush brain!!) will check my protocol....ok, so I started during stimms but on a low dose then they were increased after EC. I am sure it will be fine hun they will be well and truley in your system by ET. Good luck

Jan 05:BFP:
2007 - 2010 - 7 x :BFN:
DD 5yrs Old - Time to [zx103]

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 7:54pm

Hi Bella,

What doseage is she starting you on?

I also have really high killer cells (32%) and for my one and only BFP, I was on 25mg of prednisolone, high dose folic acid, heparin and an intralipid infusion every 4 weeks, starting a week before blast transfer.

Did your con give you a figure? It might be worth your while asking about the other meds, I think they're fairly standard in immunotherapy.

Wow, 25 follicles, you'll have no shortage of eggs :D

• "BellaLove" started this thread

Reg: Nov 7th 2008

Children: None

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 8:48pm

Hi Girls,

Many thnks for your quick and helpful responses.
I will try and find out tomorrow what percentage of High NK cells I have...

She said she was going to put me on 25mg of pred. My DH has been on Pred lots but I am slightly concerned about doing it while trying to get preggo. I read somewhere it increases your chances of cleft pallatte, etc...

Deedee, they have tested me for sticky blood, lupus, etc and all came back negative thats why i dont think they have recommened asprin or heparin. Hopefully the gestone and pred will do the trick.

Anyway thanks again and I will update.

x
XXX BellaLove XXX

Feb '10 xfingers Hoping it sticks! xfingers

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE