You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ttclady

• "ttclady" started this thread

Reg: Aug 4th 2009

Monday, February 1st 2010, 12:28pm

Private fertility clinics in Cardiff

I have already had CD21 blood tests & DH has had his SA all through the NHS. Everything ok there apart from slightly high prolactin levels, but the doctor said she wasn't that worried as it didn't affect my progesterone levels which were good. My doctor told me the next step is to be referred to a gynaecologist, but she said it will take a while to get an appointment, (at least 2 months). I know this it's not too much of a wait, but I am getting quite impatient (aren't we all), but have been suffering from depression due to ttc stress. DH & I discussed that we're willing to pay to have further tests done, just for our peace of mind and sanity.

I've come across a couple of private clinics in Cardiff who do fertility tests, just wondering if anyone has any experiences or if they could recommend a clinic.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

ttclady

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 10:24am

Well I did see if IVF Wales could fit us in, but even privately they had a 6 week waiting list so that is nearly as long as my referral. Had a recommendation for London Women's clinic (Cardiff branch) and they managed to fit us in on Monday which is good news.

ttclady

Monday, February 8th 2010, 12:53pm

Well didn't find the LWC too helpful. Found they were just "selling" IUI and IVF to us. Had a pelvic ultrasound which didn't find any issues and they looked at DH's last semen analysis and didn't think he needed to do another one as results were good. I guess it means just waiting for my NHS appointment & see if they offer a hycosy to check my tubes. If I have to wait too long for that, well at least I know I can go to this clinic at any time.