You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

crista

• "crista" started this thread

Reg: Jan 26th 2010

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 11:17pm

Is this a good/normal/poor SA result?

Hi there
The following was emailed to me from consultant following DF Semen Analysis:

"I have now received D's semen analysis which shows a 24 million/ml (normal is above 20 million/ml) and mobility of 70% (normal greater than 49%) although the % of normal forms was a little low at 10% (no normal level quoted). Overall, this is a satisfactory result and certainly compatable with spontaneous conception"

DF is worried that this isnt very good and that it will take ages to conceive with such results. The consultant said he scored a 'B' (grading it A-C)
Can anyone shed more light on this result?

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 9:03am

Hi,

It's all very good, normal forms is usually greater than 15%, however, a level of 10% with everything else good shouldn't stop you concieving afterall that's 10% of 24mil and it only takes 1. My DH had his first SA come back as 10% and the next one 3 months later after cutting out caffeine and alcohol was up to 15%.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 6:51pm

Looks good to me :thumbsup2:
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary

crista

• "crista" started this thread

Reg: Jan 26th 2010

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 6:33pm

thanks for the replies all !