You are not logged in.

Unread posts

POF

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lolashell" started this thread

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 5:19pm

POF

Well went to see the consultant today, for those of you who do not know me I had a cycle of ICSI when they only retrieved 1 egg which did not fertilise. I have been told todat that they think I have Premature Ovarian Failure and that they recommend Donor eggs. I said that I want to give myself another go, which they will let us do. I feel so gutted, like my dream has been ripped from me. I really don't know ..............it just feels so unfair!!!

From Shell x x x
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 5:29pm

Oh hun I am so sorry, I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. :-( Are they going to give you more tests to check out what's going on?

xxx

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 5:38pm

Oh Shell, I'm sorry hun. What did they say when you said you want to give it another try yourself? Were they supportive? Are they going to put you on a higher dose of drug next time?

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

anemone

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Thursday, January 28th 2010, 2:32am

Hi Lolashell.
So very sorry to hear that, how horrible to hear.
Is it worth getting another opinion? Can they try an different protocol - if you have poor ovarian reserve then it can take a bit of experimenting to get the right one. If your clinic is not that experienced with poor responders, then maybe look further afield. Perhaps some ppl in the IVF threads can point you in the right direction.
Another thing I hear is that natural cycle IVF (mild IVF) can be really good for ppl in your situation.

I hope you have lots of support right now and can nurture yourself. Lots of hugs to you, sweetie.
Me 37, DH 45
TTC#1 since Jan 09. Low AMH. Chem preg/early m/c Sept 09. Endo removed Oct 09, tubes clear. TTC naturally until end of year then maybe IVF.

Emma_R

Reg: Aug 19th 2009

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 10:18pm

Hi Lolashell,

Really understand what you're going through; like so many on here. I was diagnosed with it too and it's the most devasting thing that can happen to anyone. When I got my diaganosis I decided to go for a private second opinion. Just so I was able to get piece of mind and know what I was really having to deal with. Test results were quick, but unfortunately they told me the same thing as the NHS. Although it didn't help much, the one thing I can say I did get out of it was that it helped me to gain some closure and also helped me to realise what had happened to me and accept my future. I think this is one of the most diffiult things to do :rant:

I :angel2: that you're diagnosis is not that of POF, but if you do have to go down the egg donation route all I can say is there is so much support from people out there and even though it may feel like it right now, it's not the end of the road (and I didn't think I would ever be able to say that!).

Keep us informed on how you are getting on/feeling... lots of :hugs:

Emma :xxx3:
Premature Ovarian Failure - aged 21 (2005)

2 Excellent embies transferred on - 31/07/10.... :BFP:

Scan on 27/8 - [zx076] seen! Bubba is 5.2 mm

Always trying to stay positive... :rainbow: The :wine: helps though!

Juey

Reg: Apr 16th 2010

Friday, April 16th 2010, 7:35pm

Hi, I also got diagnosed with POF last year, even though it had happened in my mid 20's (I'm now 31) but I could never find any doctors that would listen to me that there was something wrong :( Luckily my new lady doctor did and went from there, she herself has been very supportive, when we decided to go for NHS IVF with egg donation treatment she backed our case to the NHS trust and we were successful & are now on the list. Emma is right there are some great support groups and people who are really caring and supportive out there, I went to see a counsellor who made a great difference and I now no longer blame myself.

Good luck and keep strong, I've only just joined today but it seems like there are some lovely people on here who would be a great support xx

mez

Reg: Oct 20th 2010

Wednesday, November 10th 2010, 6:12am

I also have POF, FSH is around 30.
I'm 37. Haven't seen AF for a few months now, getting anxious, but reading lots of stories of women who get their cycle back and ovulate again.
Fingers crossed.
I'm trying to start a blog and report what other women have success with, I've got a few posts on there now. What works for one women doesn't necessarily work for another, I guess we have to sift and find what works for us individually.
If anyone has any success tips I'd love to hear from you!
http://pofhighfshresource.blogspot.com/