You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Angelzmummy" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2010

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 1:49pm

Ovulation & 21 Day Progesterone Help Needed :-$

Hello,

I got over hurdle No.1 and took Provera to get AF. AF arrived late (13 days after last Provera Pill)

Now I am waiting for a + OPK.

I am on CD17 today (and took Clomid 100mg CD2-6).

I have O several times before by CD17 (resulting in 3 Pg's) and am desperately awaiting the +OPK.

We have BD'd every OTHER day since CD6, and will continue until CD24 to give it a good shot.

I have tested using an OPK twice a day from CD6 too. Will no +.

I have to book a 21 Progesterone Test - but as I have not detected O on an OPK, then I am waiting until CD23 to see if I O late.

If I do O tomorrow on CD18, with would be fantastic, the my cycle would be longer than 28 days (making it 32 days long), so I am right in thinking I would also have 21 Day Progesterone later the CD21 - I thought I had to have it 7 days after expected O.

i.e, if I O tomorrow on CD18, I would have the 21 Day test later, on CD25? And assume a 32 day Cycle?

When would you Test for Ovulation until?? And when would you go for your 21 day Progesterone Test if you were me?

I am praying I will Ovulate on Clomid, as I have before at 100mg.

Come on O!!!!

xxx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 2:30pm

Hiya,

Progesterone is meant to be tested 7 days post ovulation so if you ov on CD18 you need the test on CD25.

Also, OPK's are not very accurate whilst taking clomid.

Could you book a couple of bloods, say one on CD21 and one on CD23 or something?

While I was on clomid I didn't test for ovulation as the tests aren't accurate and didn't want false hope. I just had CD21's done which is the only defnate way of confirming ovulation.

I can't remember how many days clomid usually makes you ovulate after, I think it was about 5 - 10 but someone will be along to tell you when.

Also as far as I know clomid usually shortens cycles. What were your cycles like before clomid? When did you ov before when you were on clomid?

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 2:50pm

Thanks Flic!! Bloods on Cd 21 and later Cd 23 - 25, would be better!

I haven't have AF or O for over 10 years naturally, I have PCOS, which is what they attribute the Lack of Cycles too.

About 15 years ago, I had really regular cycles, of 31 days in length, so I possibly used to O own my own on CD16 - but that was a long time ago, and 2 babies, and a M/C ago also!

Thank you also, I will try and stop obsessing over the OPK - before I was always + on CD17 or CD18 I forget.

I took last Clomid pill, 11 days ago. They usually help me O 10-11 days after last pill.

However Provera usually works within 10 days, this time it took 13 days to work, maybe I am slowing down, and getting longer Induced Cycles...lol!

Will continue to BD every other day for a while, regardless of OPK's, but feel happy to see that LH Surge on the OPK!

What's the latest someone has O'd after using Clomid - I have heard someone say they O'd on CD23 (14 days after last Clomid pill)???????

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 3:28pm

Hiya,

If you do have PCOS then I know OPK's can give false positives as they detect the LH surge and people with PCOS usually have high LH. This is another reason why I didn't use them, that and clomid messes up the OPK's. Plus OPK's don't confirm that you have actually ov'd.

I'd get a couple of bloods done though to make sure you don't miss it if it does go up.

Is it your first time back on them? It could be that you need a higher dose.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 3:53pm

I had a M/C 5th Sept and Methotrexate treatment. So had to wait 3 months to TTC again. This is the 1st round since the M/C, the last rounds was taken in June '09. I also took Clomid in October and December 2003 (which helped to produced my now 5.5 year old), and also in September and October 2007 (which helped to produce my now 2.5 year old).

If we didn't conceive this month, I would definately ask to up to 150mg, and possibly have a follicle scan as well as blood works. But atm, I am stayimg positive, I will O and we will conceive this month!! Gotta think that way!! :| :)

Just gotta chill with the POA(OPK)S syndrome!! ;)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE