You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "frankie1" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2007

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 2:49pm

Wanting another already!

Hi..

Ive got 4 month old twins and already I feel broody! I cant help but want another! I know its too soon but does anyone else feel like this? x
Timed bd - 75iu fostimen and pregnil TWINS born May 09
Fostimin inj ---BFP Baby girl born Dec 10

Natural BFP March 12

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 3:13pm

I did!! But as my twin's have got older and ALOT more active/demanding, I've decided against it (for now) and just enjoy two precious miracle's I've got! Also, I don't have the energy for owt else lol ... especially sex :shush:

Good luck with what ever you decide!

xxx

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 3:33pm

Iknow what u mean! My dh definately doesnt want to try again yet. Im just soo broody all the time! x

Natural BFP March 12

Jodie

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 10:00pm

Blimey, you're keen!

Can totally relate to the wanting another feeling but 4 months after my first DD arrived I think I was still in the 'lucky to have a shower and a hot drink' stage!

Its different for everyone though - I have friends who wanted another straight away and friends who've been happy to wait til their first was at school. Personally I ALWAYS knew I wanted more than one child but I wasn't ready to try til around her 1st birthday.

Always good to wait til you're on the same page as your DH so maybe just enjoy your beautiful babies for a little while til he comes round to the idea!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Wednesday, September 30th 2009, 11:06pm

yeah, thanks for the advice xx

Natural BFP March 12

Reg: Jun 25th 2007

Children: Lemmy - 2008 and Diddy - 2010

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 11:43am

Had to reply - WOW - twins at 4mths and you already want more!!! I was deserate to have another soon after DS, but didnt even consider it until he was six mths.
I was defo the same as Jodie - lucky to have had a shower and a drink , let alone a hot drink, at 4mths sta9e and that was with 1!!!
I would defo say wait until you have mastered the challen9es of 2 babies crawlin9 everywhere - then walkin9 everywhere!

However - whatever you decide to do - very 9ood luck to you

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 11:49am

I was broody and wanting a second 24 hours after my DS was born and still would love to have another. As a single mom I have, however, had to come to terms with the fact that I probably never will have another child as I want to give my child/ren the best possible and will not be able to if I had a second...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Friday, October 9th 2009, 9:55pm

thanks girls...I love my 2 soo much! I think it makes me want more so soon because Im so scared that it may not happen again, its like its been planted in my head that I cant have children even though we managed to have twins! If that make any sence! Im worried that it might not happen again! Lots of people are already saying are u having more and I think thats making me think aswell! We dont use any contraception so we could get pregnant natrually however I dont think that will happen with my PCOS as I have only had one period about 3 months ago now! My DH would be happy if it did happen like that but I doubt it will! I know im going to have my hands full when the babies are more mobile so things may change when that happens! x

Natural BFP March 12

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Saturday, October 10th 2009, 8:13am

Frankie - I know exactly what you mean, I would love another and am totally but I'm sure it's just the bump I crave! I couldn't bear another failed cycle though and so it's a no for me which makes me want it more . . . what are we like!!!!

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, October 10th 2009, 1:33pm

This makes sense to me, I'm broody/wanting a bump already. I'm very aware that it could take years if we're lucky enough to conceive again. I also find it strange not TTC after so many years.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 10:08pm

thanks everyone for your understanding...xx

Natural BFP March 12

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 3:11pm

we are trying again :)

Hi we are trying for another baby officially! Even though we havent used anything since our first was born. We have now decided to start our treatment again! We have to go through the procedure of going to the docs (which is booked) for our referal letter with the consultant. Im so excited about the thought of having another lil one! I dont know yet if it will take longer to be seen because we have already got children? I hope i can skip all the first treatments and go straight on to the drugs that worked last time for us! x

Natural BFP March 12

Jodie

Megastar

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 8:33pm

Hi Frankie!

How long you wait depends on your area/individual doctors I would think. Some areas will not provide any NHS treatment to those with children - mine didn't so we paid for all our treatment. Expensive but there was no waiting list and she's well worth the money!

Wishing you luck on your TTC journey.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 5:57pm

whats going to be said?

hi from the start. We decided to try for another baby when our twins were 7 months (tried clomid and taximin no work, but 1st attempt on self funded injections and time bd worked which gave us our twins). My gp wrote a refferal letter to my hospital and it said that we would like to start on the FHS Inejections again and that we will be self funding. My appointment came through fast due to self funding and we saw the fertility nurse yesterday to arrange treatment. When we arrived she said that my consultant wants us to start clomid again and have another scan to see if my tubes are blocked. I said that we didnt want to try the clomid as we had alread done all the tablets and they didnt work. Also didnt want to have the scan again as there was nothing wrong last time and it really hurt! She said she would have to speak to the consultant and call me back. Today she phoned and i have now got to see my consultant tomorrow morning to discuss the treatment. Im worried that she is going to send me back to square one! Has anyone else been in this situation or have any opions or advice?x ps sorry its long! pps im worryed because i already have 9 month old twins its goin to make it hard to get the treatment aswell.

Natural BFP March 12

Pootle

Megastar

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 9:43pm

Hi Frankie

Can't believe your twins are 9 months old - that's whizzed by!

I wouldn't stress too much about seeing the consultant. I imagine he just wants to talk through the treatment plan with you, explain why he wants to do the scan/clomid again and give you a chance to discuss why you don't. He can give his recommendations and you can give your reasons. And then you can draw up a full treatment plan that you're both ok with!

As for having twins making it hard to get the treatment - I would think if you're self funding you could have 2 kids or 22 kids and you'd still be able to do the treatment as you're paying for it! If you already had 22 kids you'd be pretty crazy to want more though!!!!

Let us know how you get on.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Wednesday, March 3rd 2010, 10:17pm

thanks Pootie for ur reply..u have definately put my mind at ease. Yeah time flys when ur having fun! I will let u know how it goes x

Natural BFP March 12

Thursday, March 4th 2010, 7:45pm

Well i saw my consultant today. She said its ok to go straight for the injections, however if i dont fall pregnant within 3 months i have to have the scan to see if my tubes are blocked. she has given me injections 75 every other day rather than every day to decrease my risk of having twins again. Im just starting to take metformin and norithstone (excuse the spelling) today.

Natural BFP March 12

Pootle

Megastar

Thursday, March 4th 2010, 9:30pm

Wishing you lots of luck! Hope you get a speedy BFP!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Friday, March 5th 2010, 6:30pm

thank you xxxx

Natural BFP March 12

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 8:30pm

increasing injection

Evening All

Im on fostamin 75 at the moment (day 8) and am having regular scans and timed BD. When i concieved last time i was injecting every day from day 2 (which gave us our 2 folicles resulting in twins). This time they said to try every other day from day 2 (to stop the chance of more than 1 folicle). I had a scan today (day 8) and both sides quiet and lining was 5 ml. They have said to start injecting every day and go back wednesday morn for another scan. So i have injected this eve and will do tomorrow eve. But my questions are

1 do i have time to produce a good folicle now being on day 8 (even though my nurse has said we have plenty of time) and

2 what are the chances of seeing something on wednesday morn? thanks x

Natural BFP March 12

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 5:18pm

abandoned cycle

Hi my cycle has been abandoned because i have produced 4 good folicle which should all release a egg! my nurse has said to use protection for the rest of the cycle because the chance of them fertilising is so high! im having timed bd on fostimine. its soooo hard not to bd knowing theres a possible baby to be made! anyone else been in this situation? xx

Natural BFP March 12

Pootle

Megastar

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 4:28pm

Hi Frankie

Sorry this its been abandoned this month. And I know it must be hard knowing that you could possibly make a baby and having to use protection BUT the thought of quads is a bit scary isn't it!? Better to be on the safe side I suppose and wait til next time.

Hopefully next time there'll be just one big juicy follie and you can make a lovely little baby!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 6:11pm

thanks pootie xx

Natural BFP March 12

FERTILITYZONE