You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mistykins" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 10:17am

can my local pct help with the cost of my drugs if i'm having a private cycle?

hey guys,wondering if someone could shed some light on this for me.I am about to undergo a private cycle of icsi,but as it's costing £5000 i would like to reduce that anyway i can.I was wondering if anyone knows if my local pct(st marys) would help and get the drugs cheeper for me?? X babydust to everyone

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

magic52

Reg: Sep 27th 2009

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 10:36am

Hi,

I don't know about your pct but I know someone near to me had her drugs paid for and I have been to see my GP for the same reason. Maybe you should contact your GP initially or write to the pct.

Good luck
first IVF sept 09, OTD 5/10/09 - BFP, short lived - chemical pregnancy/very early miscarriage.
pcos
TTC since Oct 06
FET Dec 09 - 1 blastocyst (2bb) - BFN

what next?

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 10:42am

Hi

There are a couple of great threads here, with lots of tips and advice from the girls who had their prescriptions cheaper or assisted by their GP

Fertility Drugs- Can they be funded by NHS?

The CHEAPEST way to get your drugs by far !

INFO: CHEAPER IVF DRUGS

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 5:08pm

thanx for the responses guys,i have checked out the threads relating to this subject and there is some good info on there.I have also booked in with my gp to see what they say,thanx again.lots n lots of babydust

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 9:10pm

I have paud for all 3 of my ivf cycles and on the last chanced my arm and asked the doc to pay for the drugs and they did, you can only ask!! Good luck

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 8:28pm

Just wanted to bump this up - am now about to start my 4th cycle and for the second time my doctor has given me my fertility drugs on prescription saving me £800. I never even asked my first 2 cycles but it has been no questions asked by the doctor so please please ladies if you are self funding then go see your doctor and ask for the drugs on prescription, the worst they can say is no xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 7:04pm

Hey guys thanks for all the advise,i went to see my doctor a couple of months ago and it was a big fat NO!!.

They said because they are low in funds in general in my area for the actual cycles of ivf on the nhs that they certainly don't have the money to be helping out with the costs of private cycle drugs.Was worth asking though ay?.Because of the costs and getting the money together we have delayed our 1st go until mid june to give us an extra couple of months to save more.

I also went into asda as everyone is saying there drugs are so much cheaper,they said as soon as i get my perscription(should be mid may) to take it in to them and they can tell me how much they can save me if anything so worth trying i guess.

Goodluck to everyone in 2010 lots of babydust and :sticky: to evweryone

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE